Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
I think that what they are trying to say is that when we give you a tip you'll use it in your next sig, but forget it in the next. Also where my thoughts are concerned I believe that you know your tools, but you need to learn some more of the art aspects in regard to sigs. Things like depth, unity, and theories of color.

ah ok. yea i know i need work still on blending colors but i have used alot of the tips that you have given me in other sigs. and i think i have a different idea of depth that what you mean but ill look up what you mean by that unity and ill look up the theories of color since i know i am not refined in that aspect.

although i have been trying to work on color blending making the blends more even like i did in the last sig. as well as different styles of art like these two that i have been tinkering with a little using location placement

i started off on this one working on a two pain style and ended up leaning more this way keeping more in one area.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Is red your favorite color? Haha

lol actually no orange is but orange is not always great for pictures and i believe red goes with anything lol. altho he wanted the letter to fit the red in the cloths so i used red in the background since there was already a good bit there. now if you would like i can throw it into a negative or change the background to a white lol

SYN Ichigo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 7, 2012
Arkansas
I am glad you are liking Gimp, but I would definitely have to disagree with you that it has more options available than photoshop. :p

I like what you did with the mermaid signature. The only thing I have to say about it is that I would suggest changing the text to something a little easier to read and using a smaller font size, but other than that I like it. The larger border works with this I think. It kinda makes me feel like I'm looking in a fish tank.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
I am glad you are liking Gimp, but I would definitely have to disagree with you that it has more options available than photoshop. :p

I like what you did with the mermaid signature. The only thing I have to say about it is that I would suggest changing the text to something a little easier to read and using a smaller font size, but other than that I like it. The larger border works with this I think. It kinda makes me feel like I'm looking in a fish tank.

yea thats the look i was going for with it and added that green border next to resembling alge. and ill look through some more of my fonts for one that fits the feel of the image and scale it down some.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
On photoshop there's an option called blending options; do you have something similar on Gimp to make an outer glow on the text with? I feel that if you put a black glow around the text, or a drop shadow, that it would make the text more legible.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
On photoshop there's an option called blending options; do you have something similar on Gimp to make an outer glow on the text with? I feel that if you put a black glow around the text, or a drop shadow, that it would make the text more legible.

I know that there is a drop shadow and i found that by copying the text and making it black then doing a Gaussian blur works abit better but what exactly do you mean by a blending option?

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
When we right click on a layer we get the "blending options" option. It opens a tab that allows for inner and outer glow, color overlay, drop shadow, ect. Lightening the text and spreading the letters may also help. It's just a little hard to read on my iPad without zooming in.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
When we right click on a layer we get the "blending options" option. It opens a tab that allows for inner and outer glow, color overlay, drop shadow, ect. Lightening the text and spreading the letters may also help. It's just a little hard to read on my iPad without zooming in.

There is a drop shadow option and a soft glow option that i have used before but to create a glowing option i have to make it myself altho im sure there is a plug in option for gimp to allow it that i have not gotten.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
so i used the destiny theme to practice some inner and out glow effects and here is what i got.

and i also used this one to try out as a type of pop out. i made this with bunny's advice and wanted to take a stab at the style of a pop out but i like how its not a strait hard edge border like most sigs

Last edited: