Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
Layer masks are huge. The idea is great, but the execution is a bit lacking. If you were to put Optimus' fist infront of the other guy and put the other guys arm behind Optimus it would tangle the 2 in combat much better. As for text I like to use an outer glow effect, but switch the color to black and the blend type to multiply so it looks more like a shadow. Then I drop the opacity a bit and make it larger so it blends more and it's not as noticeable

not sure what you mean nugget by "If you were to put Optimus' fist infront of the other guy and put the other guys arm behind Optimus it would tangle the 2 in combat much better" his arm is grabing the shoulder and the guys arm is behind him with layer masks and overlays.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
thanks. it was kind of a unusual style to work with but i have been working on this one for a wile and took a lot of time thinking how i wanted to blend in optimus render so i came up with a combat style and a destroyed building background with alot of dust from the fighting thoughts on this one?

so i just looked at this more closely on my computer, and i can see that the arm is behind optimus, the reason i thought it wasnt is because the part of the arm to the right of optimus seems darker and more sharpened than what is on the other side of optimus. with the color being similar to that of the background it blended in too much.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
so i just looked at this more closely on my computer, and i can see that the arm is behind optimus, the reason i thought it wasnt is because the part of the arm to the right of optimus seems darker and more sharpened than what is on the other side of optimus. with the color being similar to that of the background it blended in too much.

oh! ok i can darken the arm behind him to make it stand out abit more

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
ok i forgot the plug cord to my external hard drive at home lol but i had been working on this one for a few days tinkering with some effects and am seeing if i can get the image to blend into the background of the website a little.

this has a black fade

this has a more green fade for this part of the website​

High Dealers

Forum Star
Jul 26, 2014
Canada
i really like what you did with this one, the only thing i noticed is that your text is next to impossible to read but other than that good job keep up the good work

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
ok i forgot the plug cord to my external hard drive at home lol but i had been working on this one for a few days tinkering with some effects and am seeing if i can get the image to blend into the background of the website a little.

this has a black fade

this has a more green fade for this part of the website​

this sig came out really well like necro said. i definantly agree with what he said about the text. great placing, but impossible to read. also just opinion, but i think a gradient map would help get the colors to blend a little more. lastly i like the black border much more; it's hard to get away with a colored border

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
this sig came out really well like necro said. i definantly agree with what he said about the text. great placing, but impossible to read. also just opinion, but i think a gradient map would help get the colors to blend a little more. lastly i like the black border much more; it's hard to get away with a colored border

yea the words are harder to read then what i wanted so im still tinkering with that to find a nice blend. and the color border im not sure whats going on with it because im using a extreamly dark green and it comes out as a light green on the sig so not sure. and ill give a gradient map a try as well. and hopefully i will get this next one up today or tomorrow.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
yea the words are harder to read then what i wanted so im still tinkering with that to find a nice blend. and the color border im not sure whats going on with it because im using a extreamly dark green and it comes out as a light green on the sig so not sure. and ill give a gradient map a try as well. and hopefully i will get this next one up today or tomorrow.

dont worry about the border. im seeing it as a dark green

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
You have been given some really great tips, advice, and ideas on how to improve your work but I don't see you really implement any of them when you post your designs. I am going to be blunt I have seen very little improvement with you in the amount of time you've had your app up as I would normally see with most other people. I don't know if maybe you're just not taking the advice or tips into consideration? Are the tips you're given not easily understandable? If that's the case then let us know. Thank you.

XGC EtherBunny

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 17, 2014
Sykesville, MD, USA
To add to what Jupiter said, try incorporating the tips we're giving in the work you're making. The idea is to keep practicing with blending flow and colors and improving. Utilize the tutorials, try them on several images until you feel comfortable with that particular concept (i.e. smudging, blending, flow, etc) and then continue to build upon that.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
You have been given some really great tips, advice, and ideas on how to improve your work but I don't see you really implement any of them when you post your designs. I am going to be blunt I have seen very little improvement with you in the amount of time you've had your app up as I would normally see with most other people. I don't know if maybe you're just not taking the advice or tips into consideration? Are the tips you're given not easily understandable? If that's the case then let us know. Thank you.

for the most part i do most of the tips but i can say a lot of the tips are based on Photoshop or other programs and almost non are geared to a gimp user and tutorials are almost non existent for gimp. i have been doing a lot of color blends and layer masks like everyone asks so would you be more specific when saying that i am not taking the tips into effect please?

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
I think that what they are trying to say is that when we give you a tip you'll use it in your next sig, but forget it in the next. Also where my thoughts are concerned I believe that you know your tools, but you need to learn some more of the art aspects in regard to sigs. Things like depth, unity, and theories of color.