Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
10584104_348215822012519_7081950929877103808_n.jpg

here's a laxus image i made for some ideas. when i did my lightning i found it best to try to keep the inner parts close to him very bright so that it didnt just look like a mess of lightning. then for the outside just build on smaller and smaller bits, erasing what doesnt look good as you go.

ok thanks ill keep that in mind wile working on this one

SYN Ichigo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 7, 2012
Arkansas
I agree with Nugget. I would also suggest blurring the mountain just a bit to help keep it from becoming a second focal point. You only want one focal for your audience to focus on. Keep up the work!

SYN Ichigo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 7, 2012
Arkansas

Much better I would suggest using a smaller font size. A larger text can take away from the focal and be considered a focal itself. You always want everything to lead the audience back to the focal of the signature. I recommend using a font size somewhere between 10 and 12 depending on the signature itself. Every now and then a little bit bigger or a little bit smaller is okay. Keep up the good work and great job on taking and using the advice. :)

P.S. One other thing. I just noticed this but make sure to either extend your snow flurry c4d across the entire signature or use a soft eraser to take out the the line that is noticeable to the left of the focal.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Much better I would suggest using a smaller font size. A larger text can take away from the focal and be considered a focal itself. You always want everything to lead the audience back to the focal of the signature. I recommend using a font size somewhere between 10 and 12 depending on the signature itself. Every now and then a little bit bigger or a little bit smaller is okay. Keep up the good work and great job on taking and using the advice. :)

P.S. One other thing. I just noticed this but make sure to either extend your snow flurry c4d across the entire signature or use a soft eraser to take out the the line that is noticeable to the left of the focal.

thanks. im actually not able to edit the image much farther because i accently saved it after flattening the layers to add a soft glow and am not able to un-separate them. the lines were actually added for depth to the flow of the image. altho i think the left of the image might have had to hard of a line.

SYN Ichigo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 7, 2012
Arkansas
thanks. im actually not able to edit the image much farther because i accently saved it after flattening the layers to add a soft glow and am not able to un-separate them. the lines were actually added for depth to the flow of the image. altho i think the left of the image might have had to hard of a line.

Yeah that is another rule that I always try to follow. And that is to always save your work as a PSD file first and then save it as a PNG. That way you can always go back and make changes to it if need be and you also never know when someone may get promoted and would like to have their signature changed to reflect their new rank. :)

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Yeah that is another rule that I always try to follow. And that is to always save your work as a PSD file first and then save it as a PNG. That way you can always go back and make changes to it if need be and you also never know when someone may get promoted and would like to have their signature changed to reflect their new rank. :)

yea its something i normally do but sometimes mess up. and i always keep the gimp file for editing and then export to a .png

here is a image i did about a week and a half ago doing a speed pic against a friend and tried to keep it similar to the way Mario games play like entering and exiting doors on the side scrolled versions.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
thanks. it was kind of a unusual style to work with but i have been working on this one for a wile and took a lot of time thinking how i wanted to blend in optimus render so i came up with a combat style and a destroyed building background with alot of dust from the fighting thoughts on this one?

SYN Ichigo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 7, 2012
Arkansas
The best thing to do is find a color in the sig that stands out from the background. I would also suggest using a font like BankGothic which you can find on dafont.com and you can also try setting the text color to white and changing its layer to either overlay or soft light. Just a few suggestions.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Layer masks are huge. The idea is great, but the execution is a bit lacking. If you were to put Optimus' fist infront of the other guy and put the other guys arm behind Optimus it would tangle the 2 in combat much better. As for text I like to use an outer glow effect, but switch the color to black and the blend type to multiply so it looks more like a shadow. Then I drop the opacity a bit and make it larger so it blends more and it's not as noticeable

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
The best thing to do is find a color in the sig that stands out from the background. I would also suggest using a font like BankGothic which you can find on dafont.com and you can also try setting the text color to white and changing its layer to either overlay or soft light. Just a few suggestions.

ok thanks. when i get back to my office computer ill try that out.