Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
User name and gamer tag: SYN Rabid Odani
Program: gimp 2
Experience: Four Months
Current clan: Syn New Dynasty, Captain of Reaper Squad

I have taken up the hobby of editing pictures and making backgrounds as well as signatures for people in my squad and clan. here are some of them and of course my signatures are ones i made on my own. i am posting a link due to not all of the ones i have done that i like to represent are of the proper size for signatures and do not want to have overly large images posted.

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/edwardmiles92/library/?sort=3&page=1

^SYN Storm currently has this one up as one of hers so id like to use it as a example^

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
You seem to know what your doing, but your still a bit rough around the edges. Try to make all the works you do for your application around 500x200 (sig sized) unless your making an avatar or banner. I think the one thing that needs to get said about your art is quality. It seems like a lot of it is blurred and pixilated. Remember to try to use large images to help keep this from happening. Also keep up the work, as well as look through old and current applications for ideas and tips.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013

saw this picture in the test files and took the liberty to make it into a Squad sig as my squad is reaper squad. took some advice i saw on other applications about the lettering having to much attention so i faded that out and tried to keep the focus in the center. Thoughs?

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
You lose a lot of focal because your lighting is on the spear and your character is very dark. Also the image looks crunched. I dunno if you did it or if it was the render, but remember that if you change the height of the sig always change the width the same amount. Also I would try to put more effects on the spear, not just around it

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
You lose a lot of focal because your lighting is on the spear and your character is very dark. Also the image looks crunched. I dunno if you did it or if it was the render, but remember that if you change the height of the sig always change the width the same amount. Also I would try to put more effects on the spear, not just around it

you are correct that it is a little crunched i did so to give it the feel that the body is farther away making the eyes travel from left to right as the light emits from the spear leaving the body darker as it goes away from the tip giving it one light source and flowing it through the picture. as for adding more effects other than the orb at the joint i just added nicks into the blade as well dimmed the light on the spear just abit.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Thanks. my art style differs based on what the image is and what the personality i am trying to achieve for it is. I am slowly going through them finding ones that are interesting and create ideas that pop into my head like the other two that i have already done below but there will be more of those coming in the next few days :)

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Thanks. my art style differs based on what the image is and what the personality i am trying to achieve for it is. I am slowly going through them finding ones that are interesting and create ideas that pop into my head like the other two that i have already done below but there will be more of those coming in the next few days :)

ill be posting more either tonight or tomorrow. also feel free to try the training grounds