Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

XGC EtherBunny

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 17, 2014
Sykesville, MD, USA
Agreed, the loop is pretty jarring which takes away from the overall presentation. I also feel the rendered girl doesn't fit with the color scheme, maybe try desaturating her color, or at the very least her skin to fit with the background a bit more.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
Agreed, the loop is pretty jarring which takes away from the overall presentation. I also feel the rendered girl doesn't fit with the color scheme, maybe try desaturating her color, or at the very least her skin to fit with the background a bit more.

The disturbed one looks much better.

I'd also like to see the other sig before you made it a gif. While it is a nice image, the gif is a bit sloppy.

the gif sig. was one that i happened to run across the gif wile searching for cherry blossom backgrounds and pulled the gif off the web. i cant do a whole lot to it but wanted to see if i could work the girl into it behind some of the leaves. and the original isnt as sloppy. it dosnt jerk around as much so ill see why its doing that. but here is the link to the gif that i found so you can see what im talking about.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/cherry blossom anime

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
One thing you have to remember about using gif files that you find is that they're not always perfect. 9.5 times out of 10 the gif won't be a loop. You should never use a gif on a sig, You should always make your sig around the gif.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
One thing you have to remember about using gif files that you find is that they're not always perfect. 9.5 times out of 10 the gif won't be a loop. You should never use a gif on a sig, You should always make your sig around the gif.

what do you mean by make a sig around the gif?

and here is a image that my grandmother wanted me to make but i cropped it and scaled it down to signature size for here.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
You shouldn't rely on a gif to make your sig better. If you use a gif it's better to make your sig around it, and make your render, texts, and images flow with your gif, rather than have it in the background drawing all the attention. If you just throw gifs into a pic it can draw more focus to it than you want. I'll post some examples when I can get on my laptop.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
You shouldn't rely on a gif to make your sig better. If you use a gif it's better to make your sig around it, and make your render, texts, and images flow with your gif, rather than have it in the background drawing all the attention. If you just throw gifs into a pic it can draw more focus to it than you want. I'll post some examples when I can get on my laptop.

ok i see what your saying. i agree with that thought. i dont have alot of experience with gifs so im trying to work with them some to make a full running gif of my own soon that do more than just glow like the two i have as a sig for my posts that i made.

this was the first suspenseful try at a about a month back that i bradshaw helped explain the process to me a bit.

Last edited:

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
i found this image and thought about it for a bit deciding on how best to work this into a sig and then went at it over the last week adding a few touches as i finished other projects. here is the original.

And here is the edited version.

the biggest problem i saw was her position on the original and wanted to move her over but because its all one picture i had to do a few layer masks with a few duplicated images that were flipped so i had room to make a constant background.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
as for the one with text you really need to determine if you want your focal to be the text or the image. the reaper one i really like. the gif work is much better. as for the fairy tail one you should look up the rule of thirds. it will help you out dramatically.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
as for the one with text you really need to determine if you want your focal to be the text or the image. the reaper one i really like. the gif work is much better. as for the fairy tail one you should look up the rule of thirds. it will help you out dramatically.

Ok so after talking last night i took the fairy tail one and shifted it to the right and took the thought you had about the emblem not fitting in with the current colors and changed the over all color scheme and then made a gif one where the emblem has a glow that moves across it.

i am working on making this one to where it glows in and out and not a scrolling light.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Ok so after talking last night i took the fairy tail one and shifted it to the right and took the thought you had about the emblem not fitting in with the current colors and changed the over all color scheme and then made a gif one where the emblem has a glow that moves across it.

i am working on making this one to where it glows in and out and not a scrolling light.

This looks much better, but it looks like there might be a quality loss. Be careful with that.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
i had been working on this one durring the weekend and finished it up today.

i really love this. if i had to be picky though these are the things id have to bring up.

-when the glow leaves the fairy tail symbol you lose your blending. try to keepsome sort of blend at all times
-there's no blend into the black (around igneel specifically)
-natsu's hand is really strangely blurred.

good sig though. great job with depth.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
thanks :) im currently working on a laxus one as well but lighting is not easy even with the brushes i got for it so hopfully ill have it finihsed for yall soon. ok ill change it when i get back on my other computer. and i didnt notice how heavily blurred out his hand had become so ill fix that. and i wasnt sure i liked the way it looked with igneel blending into the background so i left him there that way natsu blended into him

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
thanks :) im currently working on a laxus one as well but lighting is not easy even with the brushes i got for it so hopfully ill have it finihsed for yall soon. ok ill change it when i get back on my other computer. and i didnt notice how heavily blurred out his hand had become so ill fix that. and i wasnt sure i liked the way it looked with igneel blending into the background so i left him there that way natsu blended into him

10584104_348215822012519_7081950929877103808_n.jpg

here's a laxus image i made for some ideas. when i did my lightning i found it best to try to keep the inner parts close to him very bright so that it didnt just look like a mess of lightning. then for the outside just build on smaller and smaller bits, erasing what doesnt look good as you go.