Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
so i used the destiny theme to practice some inner and out glow effects and here is what i got.

and i also used this one to try out as a type of pop out. i made this with bunny's advice and wanted to take a stab at the style of a pop out but i like how its not a strait hard edge border like most sigs

The latter is much better in my opinion because it shows more depth. The first seems flat and looks to have a bit to much glow. I would need you to send me a screen cap of what your tab looks like so I could try to explain it more relatably to gimp, but I usually leave my spread low and my distance higher. I also drop the opacity of the glow so it's see-able, but not notable at a glance

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
The latter is much better in my opinion because it shows more depth. The first seems flat and looks to have a bit to much glow. I would need you to send me a screen cap of what your tab looks like so I could try to explain it more relatably to gimp, but I usually leave my spread low and my distance higher. I also drop the opacity of the glow so it's see-able, but not notable at a glance

heres one i used the outer glow on the fog and text using the spread low and distance high as well as the opacity low like stated before

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
There's not much I can say I like about the clown one. Sorry to be so brutal. There's not really any flow, the placement is good, but the size is small, and the blue glow is just odd. I feel like it is an easy fix though. Look up bahka wallpapers (I probably spelled it wrong. It's the wallpaper with all the colors and it's just a bunch of circles). Try to overlay a black and white one with motion blur under the clown. Other than that I say make the blue glow black, and try to make the clown bigger

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
There's not much I can say I like about the clown one. Sorry to be so brutal. There's not really any flow, the placement is good, but the size is small, and the blue glow is just odd. I feel like it is an easy fix though. Look up bahka wallpapers (I probably spelled it wrong. It's the wallpaper with all the colors and it's just a bunch of circles). Try to overlay a black and white one with motion blur under the clown. Other than that I say make the blue glow black, and try to make the clown bigger

Yea the blue was weird but i rolled with it since its part of the render

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
I have been working on this one off and on working on making more of a bright and colorful image instead of the darker ones i make but i keept flopping on the hair being in the back or the front. thoughts?

these look very good. the sniper one is ok, but the blurred part of the grass is out of place.

as for the the other 2. try to find a middle ground where you can see the hair through the splatters