Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
Be careful with rain, especially when it's not animated. It obscures so much of the image. That original had beautiful detail to begin with, don't waste it. Hue changes are a great tool for designers, but always remember, any edits to the image as a whole distorts it. Sharpen the image during editing, especially after sizing. Rain is hard to achieve on such a small platform, as the brain wants to see the trail, the splashes when it contacts items.

ok so for doing rain i would need something thats not as dense and more spread out

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
One thing I keep seeing is your borders. They're very large, and take up so much space in an already cramped space. Try a 2x2.

Also, sharpen your image. It's still blurry

yea im working with the borders and they only take up about 10pix and add abit of depth to the image which im finding people like. and i sharpened that image to help with the blur but im going to try and find a similar image to work in instead of that one since its coming out blurred

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
here is a request i decided to pick up since its sitting there and because of what he dose i wanted to take this one and worked on it abit. and yes it has another border lol (cant stand the square images)

Request:http://www.xiledgaming.com/showthread.php?345120-XG-Addict-Member-Chat-Box-Banner-Request
The base image shows almost no signs of alterations. I actually have this on a sign hanging in my living room. (I'm a paramedic)

Just a fancy border. You need to make these images yours. Use fractals, c4ds, renders, ect. The text is also hard to read.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Also banners are so small already. Stop spending so much effort making borders for them. The borders are taking up a lot of your working space.

the borders actaully arnt hindering the working space and add depth and character to the image. it dose mean you have to do abit of shuffling to make the image work which is the fun of this for me. but to each his own on art style.

Last edited:

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
ok i came out with this for syn shockwaves actual banner request. and have 2. since nugget and radio are against frames. i figured id just let the requester pick the one they like better since it takes no time at all to add the frame.

Please provide the original image used, so that I can further asses your changes.

As far as the comment of blurred, I was referring to the image with the samurai.

I do not "dislike" banners, I would prefer you spend more time on actually making the banner in the first place, and spending your energy where it counts. You don't put a diamond collar on mutt, you put it on a pedigree.

Update: here is your image http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/transformers_3_shockwave-wide.jpg

Two things I notice, you lost a lot of clarity when you shrunk it down, and tw: it looks like you just place text on it. Is this correct?

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
id have to agree. the text looks good and shows that it is all on a single layer. it is also a very good choice for the image. i have to say the top is better because it better shows the rule of thirds, and draws focal much better. more of my attention is grabbed by the banner than anything else in the second image. also can you please post the original image?