Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN RABID ODANI APPLICATION

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
I like that the background shows some form of depth, and the sig looks ok as a whole, but there is still a lot you can do with this image.

For one you should really use the rule of thirds for this signature because you leave so much background that there is more background than there is focal.

Secondly, the green being so much brighter than that of the render makes it pull more attention. (Speaking in color theory, brighter colors come out of an image while darker ones tend to fade to the back of an image.) just because a request asks for certain colors, doesn't always mean you need to use them. If you want to keep the colors I'd say make the background jet black, and the streaks of black into a neon green.

Thirdly, love the boarder, and it works well here, but you need to remember that a fancy border means nothing if it draws more attention than the actual image does.

Try to find a tutorial, and use it to make a sig (also post a link to the tutorial.)

ok ill deffently darken the image. it didnt look as bright on gimp but it really is bright on here

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
the smaller text is near illegible. just because a request asks for something doesnt mean we have to put it in. if something looks bad, let the requester know, most times theyll understand and change their request to fit your abilities.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
I like that the background shows some form of depth, and the sig looks ok as a whole, but there is still a lot you can do with this image.

For one you should really use the rule of thirds for this signature because you leave so much background that there is more background than there is focal.

Secondly, the green being so much brighter than that of the render makes it pull more attention. (Speaking in color theory, brighter colors come out of an image while darker ones tend to fade to the back of an image.) just because a request asks for certain colors, doesn't always mean you need to use them. If you want to keep the colors I'd say make the background jet black, and the streaks of black into a neon green.

Thirdly, love the boarder, and it works well here, but you need to remember that a fancy border means nothing if it draws more attention than the actual image does.

Try to find a tutorial, and use it to make a sig (also post a link to the tutorial.)

i shifted up the image and made it larger so its not getting lost in the empty space and darkened the green to a manageable level

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
e576aa8d-5174-44f8-bbc2-7db9a4f765fc_zpsyo7ygwfk.png

dc0dbe59-da3b-4f0b-844f-075ef227edbb_zpsfeoep667.png

go ahead and post these two images

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
Ok will do.

iv also been working on my own clan banner for a wile and came up with this. im leaving it at a 500 pix for now to see some of the detail abit easier

I'd like to see the original image used here. Note the image is blurred, and hard to see.

I like hoe you attempted to incorporate the text into the depth of the image, though it fades and isn't easily read. Remember a banner is meant to identify a person or group, so text should be highly visible. That being said, it doesn't have to "control" your signature.

I'll offer more advice after seeing the base image, as I can not determine what alterations may have been made.

Thank you,
Radio

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Try to make the rain more noticeable. It kinda just looks like a grey blur, otherwise my problem is with that N. The way it's wrapped into those steps make it look like an M. I say don't worry about weaving the text in and out like that.

SYN Rabid Odani

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 30, 2013
Try to make the rain more noticeable. It kinda just looks like a grey blur, otherwise my problem is with that N. The way it's wrapped into those steps make it look like an M. I say don't worry about weaving the text in and out like that.

ok. to make the rain more noticeable i would have to increase the opacity which blurs out the image any idea on how to better this?

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
ok. to make the rain more noticeable i would have to increase the opacity which blurs out the image any idea on how to better this?

Be careful with rain, especially when it's not animated. It obscures so much of the image. That original had beautiful detail to begin with, don't waste it. Hue changes are a great tool for designers, but always remember, any edits to the image as a whole distorts it. Sharpen the image during editing, especially after sizing. Rain is hard to achieve on such a small platform, as the brain wants to see the trail, the splashes when it contacts items.