Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PURCHASING A MEMBERSHIP (MEMBERS WISHING TO RETURN)

The Xiled Gaming Leaders have decided to offer memberships for those who have left Xiled Gaming but wish to come back. We've added this, "Pay To Come Back" to XG for a couple of reasons.

The first being that: When you originally join, you get a free membership to our community.
We seek to recruit people into our family who are like minded gamers and we want the opportunity to give you the best online gaming experience possible. Sometimes people quit or get kicked out for the wrong reasons. We don't want to charge to give YOU your membership back. It's your's, we will get you back in. However, those who leave and take up the time of our hard working leaders, the one's who left due to drama or thought they could recreate our fraternity of gamers, you will have to pay (if approved) to regain your membership as well as your standing in the community.
Now I'm sure some of you are sitting there thinking this is a way for XG to make money off of gamers. Let me assure you Xiled Gaming does not generate money to pay any of its owners or leaders. Any and all money received from members through subscriptions goes right back into the community. What we provide isn't cheap and for the most part comes directly from the Council. These subscriptions are a way to generate money for the community by purchasing things for the community, Ie. prizes for tournaments, upgrades for websites and hosting of the websites.

These groups are meant for everyone to realize what XG gives everyone for free. These groups are meant to limit people needlessly quitting or causing drama. It will not be possible for a member to quit, or get kicked, and rejoin the next day. There will be a minimum of a 90 day time frame before considerations are made on anyone's return. Anyone caught sneaking back in will face a permanent ban. Any leader caught bypassing the rules will be removed. Just like any and every decision all leaders have discussed the pros and cons. The leaders spend way too much time talking about people who have left and wish to return. We hope this will cut that discussion time in half. As always nothing is guaranteed. You may not be allowed back. Everyone is case by case and you can be removed again even if you are allowed back in. Please understand what your recruitment means as well as your membership. If you carelessly give it up you will regret when you ask for it back.

Minor $20
This subscription group is for members who have quit or been removed without causing drama or attempting to disrupt XG in its normal routine. (Member must be Approved before purchasing subscription) Returning member must spend minimum of 1 month in an assigned clan before transfer will be approved.

Major $50
This subscription group is for members who have quit due to them thinking they can replicate XG and seek to harm us by recruiting and or rallying members to quit with the intent to destroy our great community. This group also represents members who have been removed for honor code violations.
(Member must be Approved before purchasing subscription) Returning member must spend minimum of 1 month in an assigned clan before transfer will be approved.

As with all of our memberships, these are also nonrefundable. If you pay to get back into Xiled Gaming and get kicked out or decided to leave again, we will not reimburse you for what you've paid and you will have to pay again to come back.

Reactions: XGC HYLANDER XC
XGC x0 0 7x XI

XGC x0 0 7x XI

(XI) Council Leader
The pay to come back thing is the dumbest idea I have ever read. Should never have to PAY to join or come back to a community that is not a professional community. We dont go to MLG and make fat cash to play video games. This community is to find like minded people that like playing the same games you do. Nothing more!

If you feel you need to make someone pay to come back. They shouldn't be coming back in the first place! Simple as that.

I don't honestly see why this is such a deal. It plainly states that it is only for x-members who leave on bad terms and even then its a case by case bases still, so the council member will still be taking into mind the fact that people change, i don't think they would take something like Honor Code violations lightly when making that judgement, the payment is to help better the community, if a person leaves on bad terms and decides they want to come back if they have to pay maybe they will think twice on the things they do in the community, it will also keep people from leaving and joining just to leave again and so forth. They also stated that the ones that need to leave due to whatever, if the said person(s) left on good terms (no drama Honor Code violation etc.) would NOT have to pay but would still have to go through the council, this is done under the understanding that we are all human and make mistakes. We are a free gaming community of like minded players you have a option to donate if you don't want to, all of our divisions are free. But at some point there needs to be a line drawn on those that don't appreciate those freedoms, whether we like them or not. This will also hopefully cut out on the ones leaving and causing mischief because if they ever want to come back they may have to pay. And please remember before you decide to leave to talk to your community leaders, you have the choice to transfer(not happy with where you are at) , or go as an inactive(if due to life,school etc) this way you don't have to leave the community as a whole. I'm not sure how the council chooses who gets to come back and what they may or may not pay, but even I would think they would get with those in question's old XD,XS, Generals etc before making a decision. I agree with the statement above "If you don't like it, Don't pay it" ..... in other words If you leave make sure its on good terms if at all possible, and if you leave you leave on bad terms and the council feels you should pay a X amount to return, well then don't .

i say it a great idea because i do hear some people want to come back but are on the DNR list so this gives them a reason not to do what they did again.

To start: I honestly don't have an opinion one way or the other, but as an XG member who has recruited returners before (through the proper channels), I'd like to ask for some clarification in a few areas. I think the most baffling thing is trying to figure out what the leadership wants. The first point:

Rubs me the wrong way a tad, but I'll get to the useless emotions stuff later. More confusing is:

And yet...

Several leaders in the comments have expressed this, that every situation is case by case. Only some people will be charged, not all. How is the charge determined? By talking to the person in question, their previous leaders and clanmates, and...well...essentially everything that already takes place anyway, right? So how is that saving time? If everyone is case by case, and it needs to be determined whether or not they deserve a charge, it will still take time to discern that, won't it?

Or maybe I'm reading it wrong. Because to me, this charge would be most useful in saving leaders' time if it was just charged no matter what. You left? You want back in? 20-50 bucks. But, as I mentioned, several leaders have already said that each person will be "evaluated", I suppose. "Case by case". I've seen the Grass is Greener forums. That's a lot of case by case.

So, leaders: how specifically will this save you time? In what way is determining someone's charge viability quicker than determining whether or not they can return?

Next point: the way this is all worded just sounds like a...vendetta, honestly, against people who leave. This certainly isn't set up to encourage people to return, and if people are more wary of leaving now, it's probably because they feel like they're being blackmailed, not because the charge of returning suddenly made them realize how great our clan is. Also, the line which I've already mentioned: "These groups are meant for everyone to realize what XG gives everyone for free" needlessly makes current, loyal members feel guilty. I'm a general, and I feel like crap. Do you all think we don't realize how great this community is already? And if people want to come back, they certainly realize how great XG is.

And if someone was poaching members and going off to start their own clans, we don't want them back! Allowing them back for money makes our honor code look malleable and...not very honorable, frankly. Major offenses -DNR worthy offenses - had their chance. It sucks if they made amends, but they caused enough harm when they left that it's worth no one's time. $50 bucks is all it takes to let a traitor
(I have no better word for it - not trying to be dramatic) back in...? Please, just don't put them in my clan.

Also, regarding what Ixias said: "If you think the price is too high, then you might possibly want to reconsider you hobby of gaming..." I mean absolutely no offense to you, Ixias (I think you're a great leader), when I say I have never read something on this site more insulting.

XG is a community, not a business.

I joined not because it was cheaper than buying a male hooker to be my xbox live buddy, but because I believe in this place, in its honor code, and in its members.

Money may be required to upkeep it, yes, but I know that's not what XG is about. XG is about community. About friends. About games. About making a family here in our clans - having somewhere to go when you're having a great day or a bad one. To me, this whole notion of charging returning members is starting to create an exclusive community. Frankly, I really like how inclusive it is, and I'm worried this may start to destroy that.

This charge is discouraging returning members (and I've seen returners shape into some of the best members we have), is generally wishy washy - We want to save time but it's all case by case! - and is an obvious concern for CURRENT members. I know personally that it's easier to say: "we've thought of the pros and cons, your concerns are invalid", but there is some worry here, and I think it should be addressed to those of us who care to remain in an inclusive, healthy, awesome XG.

I sat here and tried to read most of these posts of members arguing (with some making good points) others complaining, some having great questions left unanswered and way tooo much unclarified material in this new enacting rule being discussed.

First of All I think I know Daystar from halo nights a few times and I completely agree with her above statement (which took most of my argument lol) but I have my own additional points to throw on here as well. As a member since 2006 I've shown enough loyalty to throw contradictions into the melting pot. I believe that if the Leadership is truly trying to pass this (yes I believe this should be voted on by the entire community) then please be on this thread and clarifying any questions no matter how simple and/or complicated made by all members. Yes this is a big mind-boggler for most members especially since this does sound more of a vendetta then a helping hand in making a stronger community.

Quick point regarding what Ixias said: "If you think the price is too high, then you might possibly want to reconsider you hobby of gaming..." that's a little overboard and no offense but "makes" you "sound" exactly what XGC members avoided from KSI and other clans/communities. Please take care in words we share amongst our members and no discrimination towards anyone no matter what their economical state is.

"If you think the price is too high, then you should come talk to me I can either help you try and reduce it or I will help you out with paying it" said Bankshot

Next Point This is a great community with great like minded people filled with opportunity to enjoy endless great conversations, fun game times, and possible friendships/relationships that have the potential to join people outside the gaming world, this is the shining light that draws people to XG and keeps them in for years, that is what we should strive to keep going so less and less members feel the urge to break the HC or leave. Not that they stay in XG for fear of having to pay or worse not being able to afford to get back.

Now I know that this will be a "Case by Case" system but we all know that it won't truly be that simple and will end-up being more of hassle amid confusion and drama. There will be talk of favoritism, bribery, hell even possible adultery Lol

Yes I know people leave some without truly knowing why while others leave fully-understanding what they are doing but the truth is with all the loop holes that are exposed on xbox this proposal will end-up hurting the less knowledgeable and less tech savy Ex-Members than anyone else.
Why you ask? very simple
Members can just change their name which I believe is what 7-8 Bucks? that's a lot cheaper than $50 at least here in NYC it is.
The less knowledgeable or less tech Savvy members don't really know how to change their name and therefore be suckered into paying possibly 50 bucks.

New accounts: a one year is what a lil over 50 bucks as well
Some people actually don't know they can have multiple accounts on their Xbox =( "I guess they will be just walked through how to pay $50
on the website?"

These examples can keep going but you get my point.

My true opinion is this should be put to a month or 2 month long vote where all XG members can decide on and also include an (optional) debate box for each side to make their points while they vote.

This is definitely something that should not be up to leadership but up to the community as a whole because we are all XG members first and then our Ranks within the community 2nd.

Ok i was one of the first to post on this thread, and hopefully I can be one of the last,

First of all, I believe that almost every single person posting of this thread seems to be under a false apprehension that this is a matter up for debate. This is a Council decision to implement this rule and I know that a lot, if not ALL the leaders Section Leader or higher were asked their opinion on this exact topic, long before this thread was posted...Each of us had an opportunity to agree or disagree, and cite our points. They gathered all they could and made the decision to go with it.
Second for the people who are still here, members and leaders still part of XG, Does This Rule really matter to you that much?? Are you planning on leaving??
Everyone is making a big stink about this, when realistically you may never have to be involved with it.
Fact of the matter is, this community does offer prizes for tournaments, you can choose to purchase memberships, you can go to the XG Store and purchase T-shirts, Coffee Mugs, etc. There are ways this community can make/and does make through other avenues besides this. All of these funds go back into the community and noone says anything negative about them, So why would this be such a "big money maker?"
Ok so by now, I think we can eliminate money from the equation, So...
Lets focus on the topic, these people are the small group that has posted on the Grass wasnt Greener post. Ok, The way I see it there are four groups of people post on this thread.
1. people who went inactive, and shouldnt be posting there.
2. people who may have been kicked, or left for (the wrong reason) i.e. over something stupid that probably could and should have been handled differently or avoided
3. people who left or got kicked for making or wanting to make their own clan. or a honor code violation, who may or may not have taken members with them while they left.
4. people who should have never been recruited, thought they could do whatever they want, broke the honor code, and tried doing as much damage and taking as many people as they could with them, total disregard for any rules or ethics this community has.
Did I miss any??
Hey Number 1, wrong place to post...you were inactive, come back the right way.
Hey Number 4, you're a piece of crap, And we dont want you back anyway.

So what are we left with?? Number 2 and 3. Havent forgot about you. Each one of these people would be handled case by case, because every situation is different. We would go around and talk to anyone who had involvement, and in some cases, we still are unsure. What should we do, take these people in on what, their merit? their word? How do we know they are not going to do the same thing? What is stopping them?
For the people that are reviewed, and the leaders feel they could help the community would be let back with no charge, For the people that leaders are still unsure about, they are asked to purchase a subscription, which basically is to show their commitment in coming back. No different to them buying an Addict membership.
In my own opinion, if someone ever did anything that would be ground for them to pay $50 to come back, thats probably not the kind of member we would want back anyway.
So again, there is only a very small demographic that this policy affects, and if you as an individual or a leader follow and teach your members to use the chain of command in dealing with situations and if anyone does leave "the right way." There shouldnt be an issue.
And as far as someone just changing their names...Ever heard of an IP address??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have read every post on this thread, and I have tried to hit everyones concerns in this post. Handle things correctly, this should not be that big of a deal, and seeing all the people who have already been allowed to purchase these membership, obviously wasnt that big of a deal to them, So before anyone else post their opinions, Answer this, Does this policy really affect you personally? If so....hit me up and I can help make sure your voice is heard....Otherwise...let it go.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully we can end this drama. Its not that big a deal.

******THIS IS XGC DARKSIDE XS, AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE******

Last edited:
i like the idea the big guys work hard for the community they dont need to deal with the BS of the people who cant follow the honor code or try to recreate somethiing they cant good call this ought to teach them not to disobey or rebel again

Think of it as getting free cookies from your job. You love your cookies but your co-worker is a jerk so you leave your job..now you have to pay to get those cookies again because you left...i like cookies

I don't understand why we have ACTIVE members pleading guilty men/women's cases. If you broke our laws here in XG there are reprecautions for the severity of your actions. If you don't like it, well "Take your talents to south beach"

Wow this is insane! I think if people leave and want to come back it should be no issue as long as they werent causing drama or breaking honor code and as for the ones that were i dont think they should be let in not if it is something serious like cheating, harrassment ect.

Just my opinion tho!

I have spent 100s of hours debating bring backs im talkinf almost as much time as i put into COD Blackops II and this new process is working much faster. instead of weeks of sundays to get one prrson back it is happening inside of 1 week, while there is no time limit or max on length of time i see it going faster. so thank you to the XIs and XCs and to Tflem and his crew great job.

I think this is a good idea. It will hopefully generate some needed revenue for the community as well as help expand it some more.
Good decision guys..
keep up the good work.

Honestly in the most part I also think this is a great idea because ounce a valiant member of XG could always be Valiant and leave just as Remembered But who would really want to leave such a great gaming Community as are come on now this is the place to be and respect for when you join you should have felt honored that a great clan like this have found a great and talented player like your self.

Last edited by a moderator: