Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PURCHASING A MEMBERSHIP (MEMBERS WISHING TO RETURN)

The Xiled Gaming Leaders have decided to offer memberships for those who have left Xiled Gaming but wish to come back. We've added this, "Pay To Come Back" to XG for a couple of reasons.

The first being that: When you originally join, you get a free membership to our community.
We seek to recruit people into our family who are like minded gamers and we want the opportunity to give you the best online gaming experience possible. Sometimes people quit or get kicked out for the wrong reasons. We don't want to charge to give YOU your membership back. It's your's, we will get you back in. However, those who leave and take up the time of our hard working leaders, the one's who left due to drama or thought they could recreate our fraternity of gamers, you will have to pay (if approved) to regain your membership as well as your standing in the community.
Now I'm sure some of you are sitting there thinking this is a way for XG to make money off of gamers. Let me assure you Xiled Gaming does not generate money to pay any of its owners or leaders. Any and all money received from members through subscriptions goes right back into the community. What we provide isn't cheap and for the most part comes directly from the Council. These subscriptions are a way to generate money for the community by purchasing things for the community, Ie. prizes for tournaments, upgrades for websites and hosting of the websites.

These groups are meant for everyone to realize what XG gives everyone for free. These groups are meant to limit people needlessly quitting or causing drama. It will not be possible for a member to quit, or get kicked, and rejoin the next day. There will be a minimum of a 90 day time frame before considerations are made on anyone's return. Anyone caught sneaking back in will face a permanent ban. Any leader caught bypassing the rules will be removed. Just like any and every decision all leaders have discussed the pros and cons. The leaders spend way too much time talking about people who have left and wish to return. We hope this will cut that discussion time in half. As always nothing is guaranteed. You may not be allowed back. Everyone is case by case and you can be removed again even if you are allowed back in. Please understand what your recruitment means as well as your membership. If you carelessly give it up you will regret when you ask for it back.

Minor $20
This subscription group is for members who have quit or been removed without causing drama or attempting to disrupt XG in its normal routine. (Member must be Approved before purchasing subscription) Returning member must spend minimum of 1 month in an assigned clan before transfer will be approved.

Major $50
This subscription group is for members who have quit due to them thinking they can replicate XG and seek to harm us by recruiting and or rallying members to quit with the intent to destroy our great community. This group also represents members who have been removed for honor code violations.
(Member must be Approved before purchasing subscription) Returning member must spend minimum of 1 month in an assigned clan before transfer will be approved.

As with all of our memberships, these are also nonrefundable. If you pay to get back into Xiled Gaming and get kicked out or decided to leave again, we will not reimburse you for what you've paid and you will have to pay again to come back.

Reactions: XGC HYLANDER XC
XGC x0 0 7x XI

XGC x0 0 7x XI

(XI) Council Leader
Sorry for the secondary, but I was banned with the ban reason "time to go to my own site." So I didn't violate any rule but I was still banned? That kind of proves my point.

Responses:

1 and 2) That proves my point Bidbeast. You are the prime example of what would be a "major" fee violator. You caused drama, actively tried to poach, trash talked XG members, and joined a group as described in the "major" fee sections.

3.) Pineapple

4.) Not a full fledged attorney and I figured XG welcomed all professions.

Note: I will voluntarily leave after addressing comments. I am engaging in a civil discussion with people.

I never tried to poach members for one ever and obviously the council saw that my mistakes were not deemed as a major infraction I'm not gonna sit here and have a fight with u over the Internet I'm above that childish drama. But I will tell you that I have reported your secondary account and the proper Administrators have been notified have a nice day. Lemons

v KING DEATH v

1.) Thanks for being polite.

2.) I think a better way would be to find out why members are leaving. Talking to members may take time, but it also will let you know where the problems is.

My Plan:

1.) Establishment of an XJ. This rank would be primarily to investigate HC violations for all leaders (short of the Council). Their decisions would be based on actual evidence (screen caps of messages, recordings of audio messages. and pretty much anything on the website). Their decision is final and can only be overturned by the Council. An XJ must be recommended by an XS (or higher) and must be approved by a 2/3 Council vote.

2.) Zero tolerance HC for leaders. If any leader is found breaking the HC (short of Council) then it is an auto-permaban. Most of the time people leave because a leader isn't doing their job or isn't representing XG in the right way.

3.) Anyone who breaks the HC as found to have done so by an XJ is permabanned. No returns, no questions, and the only way to get back in is through a 2/3 vote by the Council (at their discretion).

4.) Anyone who does not break the HC and leaves can only be allowed back in if they meet the following criteria.

a. They must be gone from XG for a period of no less than 3 months or longer as determined by an XD and based on their reason for leaving.

b. They must gain initial approval by an XS.

c. They must find a General that will allow them back into their clan.

d. They must find a Captain who will allow them into their squad.

I think this works for a number of reasons. It makes the HC more rigid, it makes the process to get back in lengthy, still makes them have to "work/pay" and it makes sure that there are at least 4 people who have to back a member returning.

To start: I honestly don't have an opinion one way or the other, but as an XG member who has recruited returners before (through the proper channels), I'd like to ask for some clarification in a few areas. I think the most baffling thing is trying to figure out what the leadership wants. The first point:

These groups are meant for everyone to realize what XG gives everyone for free.

Rubs me the wrong way a tad, but I'll get to the useless emotions stuff later. More confusing is:

The leaders spend way too much time talking about people who have left and wish to return.

And yet...

Everyone is case by case...

Several leaders in the comments have expressed this, that every situation is case by case. Only some people will be charged, not all. How is the charge determined? By talking to the person in question, their previous leaders and clanmates, and...well...essentially everything that already takes place anyway, right? So how is that saving time? If everyone is case by case, and it needs to be determined whether or not they deserve a charge, it will still take time to discern that, won't it?

Or maybe I'm reading it wrong. Because to me, this charge would be most useful in saving leaders' time if it was just charged no matter what. You left? You want back in? 20-50 bucks. But, as I mentioned, several leaders have already said that each person will be "evaluated", I suppose. "Case by case". I've seen the Grass is Greener forums. That's a lot of case by case.

So, leaders: how specifically will this save you time? In what way is determining someone's charge viability quicker than determining whether or not they can return?

Next point: the way this is all worded just sounds like a...vendetta, honestly, against people who leave. This certainly isn't set up to encourage people to return, and if people are more wary of leaving now, it's probably because they feel like they're being blackmailed, not because the charge of returning suddenly made them realize how great our clan is. Also, the line which I've already mentioned: "These groups are meant for everyone to realize what XG gives everyone for free" needlessly makes current, loyal members feel guilty. I'm a general, and I feel like crap. Do you all think we don't realize how great this community is already? And if people want to come back, they certainly realize how great XG is.

And if someone was poaching members and going off to start their own clans, we don't want them back! Allowing them back for money makes our honor code look malleable and...not very honorable, frankly. Major offenses -DNR worthy offenses - had their chance. It sucks if they made amends, but they caused enough harm when they left that it's worth no one's time. $50 bucks is all it takes to let a traitor
(I have no better word for it - not trying to be dramatic) back in...? Please, just don't put them in my clan.

Also, regarding what Ixias said: "If you think the price is too high, then you might possibly want to reconsider you hobby of gaming..." I mean absolutely no offense to you, Ixias (I think you're a great leader), when I say I have never read something on this site more insulting.

XG is a community, not a business.

I joined not because it was cheaper than buying a male hooker to be my xbox live buddy, but because I believe in this place, in its honor code, and in its members.

Money may be required to upkeep it, yes, but I know that's not what XG is about. XG is about community. About friends. About games. About making a family here in our clans - having somewhere to go when you're having a great day or a bad one. To me, this whole notion of charging returning members is starting to create an exclusive community. Frankly, I really like how inclusive it is, and I'm worried this may start to destroy that.

This charge is discouraging returning members (and I've seen returners shape into some of the best members we have), is generally wishy washy - We want to save time but it's all case by case! - and is an obvious concern for CURRENT members. I know personally that it's easier to say: "we've thought of the pros and cons, your concerns are invalid", but there is some worry here, and I think it should be addressed to those of us who care to remain in an inclusive, healthy, awesome XG.

But you are violating a code "Nosrsly", you're sturring up drama. To say that this effects you in no way (since you "love" your clan, stay on their website you dont see us stirring up bs on your forums just you coming on to reply to something that has nothing to do with you shows the difference in class between communities, XG doesn't do that) yet you still come on our forums to talk about an issue that you yourself have no say so over or even the right to reply to about. Also there has been no "update" of what was written its been the same since you made your first reply and also Lou's question has been answered it's been answered several times it just wasn't specifically targeted to him. And you say this is civil yet you bash what our community stands for while and saying that your community does the same? Hogwash if anything you're creating a horrible look for your community just by stirring up a bees nest that, I would suggest to save what little honor your community has since you've single handedly smeared what little positive reputation they did have (I've never heard of TRu, maybe Trutv but no TRu Clan) by trying to have in your words a "civil" discussion. I see nothing civil about you being on here, and I for one am disappointed that instead of you sticking to your own clan and trying to fix what problems your clan has you've come on here to stir up problems. You have a good one and please for your clans sake don't reply on here you've caused them enough disgrace as it is sir.

maybe we should all just chill and look at it as a way to keep those not interested in helping XGC out of it all together. who would pay money just to start crap all over? my opinion is have a poll on this since it is OUR community and try to find a middle ground on everything from how much itll cost to the line that says no you cant come back. its our community and by arguing on here were making XGC look bad. just my 2 cents

As soon as I saw the title of this post, I instantly knew there was going to be drama involved xD

The post seems perfectly clear, if you have left on a bad basis, you will be investigated and may have to pay for the membership fee. If you left on okay terms, you won't deal with the fee, but may require investigation. If this is what the council decides then so be it. Perhaps a poll would be a better way of choosing this decision if we are to be fair among the community, however this clan was started by the council so it doesn't have to be that way. This is not politics, this is a gaming community. If you don't like the set of rules that were set out when you joined this clan then that is your problem, this community is improving everyday and will continue to do so even when certain people don't necessarily like the way the community is run. On my thoughts of the rule I have mixed views, I look forward to seeing how this will impact the situation with current members and newcomers. I have put in my two cents, that is all I have to say.

I understand a website takes alot of money to keep up and running as i have done it before but i see this new bring back rule going to **** off alot of people who left due to family problems or school yes they should of went inactive but they didnt so how will this affect the members who have been trying to get in for the past month and have put on hold because of the making of this new rule will they have to pay or will they have to pay to return even know they have been trying for a long time now.

I think purchasing a re-membership is a good idea. cause like someone stated who would pay money just to come back here and start stuff? I think having someone pay to come back is a great idea because it shows who loves this community and is willing to pay money out of their pocket to do so. (ex. Me) I made the mistake of leaving and trying to come back under a different name. I loved this community enough that I went as far as to make an entire new account and tried to get back in. I made the mistake of leaving and paying 20 bucks to get back in is more then fair to me. and I thank all the higher ups for giving me and so many more people second chances. I wont let you guys down!

If you left then just like stated everyone is not gonna have to pay this price. It is determined case by case and every case is not the same. It does take alot of money to run this site. Do you see all the upgrades they have done on it. It's amazing and you know it has to take money to run the website effencently. Many people might be mad at this new rule but they did not have to leave in the first place they could of just went inactive and still be in the gaming community. I know of several people that had to go inactive for a while and came back and they were still in e community because they did not just up and leave. I think it will make more people think about their choice of leaving or not if they do decide by adding this little rule. So I think it's a great idea and I think they should stick with it.

Well said Darkside!! Plus not everyone that has left will have to re-purchase their membership back. It's only for the select few.

Why would pay to be in a community that you dont make profit of it. I loved XG and loved everyone in it but now that you have to PAY to be in a community that you put in for 2 years for is flat out dumb. You guys are just trying to make a profit off of it because you realized how many people leaves and come back. People needs to realize that this I a XBOX 360 CLAN! You will NOT meeting 99% of the people you talk to here and you just do it to BE WITH MEMBERS AND HAVE FUN! Cause in the REAL world your just YOU. So making people to pay to be in a clan that you don't even have 100% chance to COME BACK is INSANE and theres 100'ds better communities out there that is FREE and leaders that actually play with there members, that LEADERS actually host tournaments that are more than 50 bucks and LEADERS that arent there for the money but for the GAMERS. So XG I dont know why you made these decisions to charge people with everything on the website but its absolutely ridiculous and should be ashamed of yourself. You should NOT be allow to do this. It's not right. If A member wants to be in your clan and they left before they should be welcome with open arms not with a 20 or 50 in there pocket. AND what are you going to do with that MONEY? Hmmmmmmmmmm... give it to the Pro Team for the clan? No you dont have one. Host a tournament? No you guys only have like acouple tournaments a YEAR! AND Thats so embarrassing with the amount of members you have here. So where the MONEY is going.... Thats the main question. The people that supports this you guys dont make a profit of this clan either so why will you want to support this? And I CAN NOT WAIT till one of you guys leave and you'll be in the same situation where I (A loyal member for 2 1/2 years) be in. So think and your're have a different opinion about charging a guy to be on a XBOX CLAN! And I WONDER WHERE ALL THE ADS WENT?!?!?! weird ...

Why would pay to be in a community that you dont make profit of it. I loved XG and loved everyone in it but now that you have to PAY to be in a community that you put in for 2 years for is flat out dumb. You guys are just trying to make a profit off of it because you realized how many people leaves and come back. People needs to realize that this I a XBOX 360 CLAN! You will NOT meeting 99% of the people you talk to here and you just do it to BE WITH MEMBERS AND HAVE FUN! Cause in the REAL world your just YOU. So making people to pay to be in a clan that you don't even have 100% chance to COME BACK is INSANE and theres 100'ds better communities out there that is FREE and leaders that actually play with there members, that LEADERS actually host tournaments that are more than 50 bucks and LEADERS that arent there for the money but for the GAMERS. So XG I dont know why you made these decisions to charge people with everything on the website but its absolutely ridiculous and should be ashamed of yourself. You should NOT be allow to do this. It's not right. If A member wants to be in your clan and they left before they should be welcome with open arms not with a 20 or 50 in there pocket. AND what are you going to do with that MONEY? Hmmmmmmmmmm... give it to the Pro Team for the clan? No you dont have one. Host a tournament? No you guys only have like acouple tournaments a YEAR! AND Thats so embarrassing with the amount of members you have here. So where the MONEY is going.... Thats the main question. The people that supports this you guys dont make a profit of this clan either so why will you want to support this? And I CAN NOT WAIT till one of you guys leave and you'll be in the same situation where I (A loyal member for 2 1/2 years) be in. So think and your're have a different opinion about charging a guy to be on a XBOX CLAN! And I WONDER WHERE ALL THE ADS WENT?!?!?! weird ...

Xiled Gaming is more than just a "clan" it's a community of like minded gamers. If you actually read the subscriptions, it says that the member must be approved before purchasing the subscription. Xiled Gaming isn't out to take member's money. If there are better communities out there, why were you trying to come back here? Seems a bit odd to me. Every situation will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Like said before by multiple members commenting on this article, (which you really should read before you put so much thought into a comment) it isn't free to run this community. Look at all the costs per year it takes to run and maintain our websites. That isn't even configuring in the amount it costs for upgrades. Good luck with your future endeavors.

I understand a website takes alot of money to keep up and running as i have done it before but i see this new bring back rule going to **** off alot of people who left due to family problems or school yes they should of went inactive but they didnt so how will this affect the members who have been trying to get in for the past month and have put on hold because of the making of this new rule will they have to pay or will they have to pay to return even know they have been trying for a long time now.

Chaos,

This falls under the "Case by case basis". Xiled Gaming isn't going to charge someone if they left for personal reasons and didn't try to harm the community. (Ex. School, Work, etc...)

Chaos,

This falls under the "Case by case basis". Xiled Gaming isn't going to charge someone if they left for personal reasons and didn't try to harm the community. (Ex. School, Work, etc...)

However this almost contradicts:
"Minor $20
This subscription group is for members who have quit or been removed without causing drama or attempting to disrupt XG in its normal routine. (Member must be Approved before purchasing subscription) Returning member must spend minimum of 1 month in an assigned clan before transfer will be approved. "

I think that is where some of these issues are coming from - the lack of clarity in the posts about the subscriptions. The quoted segment makes it seem like if you left (quit) on the basis of something harmless (or perhaps for novice members not understanding the 'going inactive' option so leaving) you would be charged regardless; whereas the posts from leadership here say the contrary.
Perhaps if the original post mentions this / elaborates on the way this is handled case by case (in the segment relating to these subscriptions - rather than in the body of the post) people may get the point. Because lets be honest - most people are going to read the part about the costs and get in a tiff about it before they read the rest. It's just how humans work.

Honestly Faceup you can talk til your blue in the face, it's been said multiple times in the comments and in the post itself but members see what they want to see. So I just stopped trying to explain the concept of what the leaders are doing, how I see it if they want to see it as XG trying to make a profit then let them, if they don't like whats going on they are free to leave no one is making them stay here. If there are other 100's of clans out there then maybe they should try joining them then, XG is an excellent community and I see no problem with what our community leaders are doing.