Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEW 2014 CLAN STRUCTURE

XGC x0 0 7x XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
SYN XILED KINGS
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
A, A
www.xiledgaming.com
Joe, nothing is set in stone. Some will be larger then others. We run into problems when we have people ready and willing to move up and their General refuses to make the split. You know your clan and people. I would never step in and cause problems in your clan. If it works and everyone is happy then that's awesome. Everyone is different and everyone has different leadership qualities. It sounds like you have it all under control. Keep up the good work. Maybe we can game sometime.

KoG JOE

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 10, 2013
New Jersey, USA
www.facebook.com
^^oh... well then. Never mind, I just wanted to address it & Thank You. You can HMU on XBL whenever, as I am always on. I understand there is always that guy who ruins it for everyone but I'm curious to see how this all works out. I know it takes a lot to plan out these new processes, Structures, & such. Thanks & Good Job to all of ya'll that pitched in!

KoG Kisses

Get A Life!
May 3, 2013
In my opinion, I think having somewhat of a smaller clan and squads it will actually benefit the clan. The reason I say this is because captains will be able to focus more on the squad and giving out information that is needed and the same for the general and it can also help us focus on making sure no member is left behind. I think the generals who are not as experienced in leadership will do better in their clans and also just like I said be able to focus on less members then a higher amount of members.

CDNBossLady

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 6, 2009
Winnipeg
I wasn't going to post my opinion here. But I do like that it looks like people are looking at all of the responses. And adding appropriate comments (from our Council) I personally think those clans that balloon to 80-100 people is just crazy. And yes, somebody is dropping the ball with training new LTs and Caps to move up, split squads and eventually split the clan. Cause you can only have 100 people on your 360 friends list...so your missing out on a lot of relationships with your "people". It's hard to pick out those jems in a large large crowd of people. I think a lot of this article of common sense. And I never in a million years thought it would bring out such reactions as it has.

Reactions: XGC Muggle

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Well first off i'm glad things have been clarified in this post, as a general I have people come up to me all the time looking to step up but because of the whole ratio thing I almost lost people because we can't demote people who are not truly fulfilling their role as a Sgt and we can't promote because it would throw off the ratio so seeing this def makes me feel better now as far as what I've seen comment wise from the first page to this one. I being very vocal and very protective of this community I one don't agree with other people in other communities butting in on what we're doing, if you have friends on here and you haven't been banned and you still talk with them then thats what this site should be used for. Knowing that the "changes or updates" being made within this community are of course non of those peoples business, how things are ran in this community should not be any of their concern. Now as far as some of comments yea they were a bit harsh but I honestly think that it's something that needed to be said because with some people you can't be nice and respectful because when you do they still come back and cause more drama even if they weren't trying to, their presence alone will most likely stir up a commotion. So double I def commend you sir for your comments and the other members as well, it's because we have people so dedicated that this community flourishes like it does. XG til I die! woohoo!

XGC Phantom

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 11, 2011
New Jersey
Oh and any clan larger then 40 members to split would not be a good clan. More then 40 isn't manageable and there is no way that they could all know each other. Clans are small groups of friends who play every day together. A clan with 100 people isn't a clan. It isn't anything but a mess and unorganized.

Ok so I have stayed away from this post, keeping my opinions to myself...I thought I was a good leader for this community, and have done great things here. I don't feel that I have ever held a opinion that I wouldn't give or want to be challenged if someone felt was unjustified. I can't hold me tongue any further...I find this entire thread to be disrespectful, and honestly an example of a big problem that seems to be plaguing the community. These threads are built to gather the opinions and ideas of the entire community. Not to bash "registered users" for the entertainment of our members. Every person on here that posts something about popcorn or pretzels or whatever it is, should just keep reading and not click "Submit Reply" at bottom.
I as a Leader here, feel that I try to set an example to each member. That example is to display a Professional manner at all times. Sportsmanship, Respect, and Fair Play, are not rules I hold to just the Xbox. They are ideas that I feel each member of this community should possess and try to show to others. This thread I don't feel represents any of these at all, and if was in my Section, when I was a XS, would have been deleted way before it escalated. And so everyone is clear on this, not from the Honor Code (which deals with online interaction) but from the Forum Rules and Guidelines this thread would be considered Flaming...and yes is a violation, as someone pointed out.
As for my own reason for posting here...Double, your comment above says it all, so it raises a question:
I built 16 clans as a Section Leader for Xiled Gaming. Each and Every one was above 40 when they split, usually between 50-80. Were they not all good clans. Not one of those clans failed while under my control, and they are all still here. I never had a clan leave or have to be closed...Not one. To say these clans or clan like it are not good clans, is an insult, and makes me wonder why I was promoted to Division Leader. This was all information I was taught through classes and interaction with leaders in this community, I never made any of it up on my own....Whiether you call them rules or guidelines, or what have you. They were taught through the chain of command for years...And from my own experience, and in my opinion, is a very successful way to do things.
Respectfully I don't agree.

XGC Layzie

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2012
Juggalo Island, USA
Phantom - i dont think we ever talked until i took the generals class but i have heard of you a lot before then. you have been a great leader and very helpful at least in my eyes. to the post about larger clans i will have to argue the fact that its not manageable. My clan before our clan split was roughly 120 members. I took over as general with roughly that many members. it took me a bit to get to know all of them when i took over general here but I eventually did and i made time for each and every one of them. yes for the typical person it is hard. not everyone has the capability to run a larger clan. however some people can with no problems. not to toot my own horn. it has caused issues at times but it has always been worked out. I keep myself open to all of my members at all times. after the split we only lost 20 members who went to start a new clan and i was still up at about 100 members. with another split with some who went to another clan to help it out we lost some members. we are about 44 members roughly now and we still have a strong relationship with all of our members. we game, we talk, we are all friends. if i had to run a clan with 200 members or even more i would still not have any problems knowing and gaming with all of them. im just saying. i know im one of the few who can make something like this work with no issues. yes its hard but it also shows dedication to each and every member under me or whom ever. I have to include that im not only helping and working with my own members/clan. I also help other clans and people in the community. I have been messaged by others and i will admit with proof that a lot of people come to me before their own clan because i get things done and have the contacts with other people in the community. i make myself available to everyone and thats why people come to me. they cant get in contact with their generals or whom ever they have tried so they get in contact with me and i do what i can to help them.

XGC Phantom

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 11, 2011
New Jersey
Laycie, in my opinion, anything more than 65 or so is unmanageable, I always split clans between 40 and 60, or so...my thought was:

1 Captain 9 or ten members, get to 18-22 split squad, get to about 40+ members, split clan and give that Captain bout 18-22 in the new clan, he already had that many people once before...but everything is around those numbers, that merely a guideline, realistically a clan will normally show when it needs to split. Every situation is different.

by big clan I mean 40+ but that clan should split....

But again these are only my opinions...and my thought process.

XGC Layzie

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2012
Juggalo Island, USA
I understand that. Before I became general here we didnt have one for about 4-5 months due to our old one stepping down. I wont lie our clan was huge but had no real leadership (active). I stepped up and made 2 splits. Which why we are so small now (compared to before). In all my history of clans there are 2 types of people. People who like small clans and those who like larger clans. Im not saying there arent more. Everyone under me like the idea we are/were big. I always tell my members I hope one day they will rank equal or above me. To say its unmanageable though is not accurate. my clan is living proof of how great we are as a team and always making the time for one another. Helping each other grow as people and in ranks. Yes it becomes harder to promote some who deserves it while others may slack. However we always find ways to adjust and adapt. I work hard with my officers so they can split and start their own clans eventually. we as a group also work hard with each member. Hence why we started lieutenant training classes and our own non official captain training class for those who want to attend. Everyone wants to rank up. However we hace seen people take the class and say no its not something im interested in. im here to just game. It has helped us to learn about our members and make good choices in our clan leaders. We go way out of our way to make our clan successful and organized. We even keep in touch with majority of our inactives. Each to their own on different ways and ideas. We follow everything xg has taught us the best we can and try to split when we are allowed. Soon I hope to split again. As all of my members say. We are like a family for how close we are. I hope u and everyone sees the point(s) im making

Addition: If people say its unmanageable for a clan 40+ members. How is a community of over 75,000 members as manageable as we have become? some section leaders cant even handle 3-5 clans but others can take on 10 clans no problem. we all work as a team to help each other out. we may call ourselves a community but in the real end we are 1 BIG clan of thousands of members. by saying a clan of 40+, 60+, or 100+ members is unmanageable. people might as well say our community as whole is unmanageable.

Last edited:

FenrirReleased

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 26, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
Laycie, in my opinion, anything more than 65 or so is unmanageable, I always split clans between 40 and 60, or so...my thought was:

1 Captain 9 or ten members, get to 18-22 split squad, get to about 40+ members, split clan and give that Captain bout 18-22 in the new clan, he already had that many people once before...but everything is around those numbers, that merely a guideline, realistically a clan will normally show when it needs to split. Every situation is different.

by big clan I mean 40+ but that clan should split....

But again these are only my opinions...and my thought process.

Look, Phantom, there are a few things that I think are maybe being missed here, and please don't take this the wrong way. As far as the clan split numbers, it's posted that 30 is a minimum. It's not the new mandatory split number, it's just aimed at counteracting what a few leaders have said in the past like, "Clans must be at 75 members before they can split." That would be one of the unwritten rules that was referred to by Double's initial post. That doesn't mean every clan will now split at thirty members. For almost every case, everything will continue as it's been doing for a while with regards to splits. This only points out that 30 is the minimum number in case someone else is trying to say that 65 or 80 or x members is the minimum number.

In fact, very few clans split under 50 members. I still try to get my clans up to a minimum of 50 people before I work on getting them to split. However, I don't tell them, "You aren't going to be splitting until you get to 50 members." Instead, I tell them what I look for in a split if they ask me, "What will it take to split this clan?" I tell them, "Look, it isn't about absolute numbers. However, you need to have most of your captains to the point that they could be a general if they had to be, and the squads need to be active with all lieutenant spots filled before I will consider a split." Whether that happens when a clan is at 30 or 60, the goals are still the same. If a 30 person clan came to me and asked to split, I would look at whether or not the clan met those goals. The only difference would be that all three captains would need to be capable of being a general if anything were to happen. If they did come to me and ask, and I had confidence in the future general to make it with only 10 to start with (and the current general to rebuild after being dropped to 20 members), I would absolutely split that clan.

Secondly, you are right: your clans are still here, and you did a good job getting them to that position. But just because you do things your way doesn't mean that other ways are incorrect or verboten. On the flipside of this coin, it doesn't mean what you've been doing is wrong, or wouldn't be considered building "good clans." There are other unwritten rules that I've spent my time in XG trying to get rid of whenever they arise under areas in my command. An example of this would be, "you cannot get captain until you get 100 posts on the website." Well while I agree that trying to get the forums to be more active is a worthwhile cause, I don't think people should be held back just because they don't like to post that often on the website. It's definitely a good idea to say, "Hey, if you can, try to get a few posts in on the forums so they're more active for any new recruits." However, if someone is fulfilling the rank responsibilities for lieutenant, and is active on the box (and isn't a complete douche)...why shouldn't they be promoted?

Basically, nothing in this rank structure post is anything new. It's really just things that you've been doing intuitively this whole time. It's just that it's finally being written down and codified in a way that others can see it. I would imagine that if a 30 or 40 person clan came to you and met the conditions that I mentioned earlier that you would at least consider splitting that clan. Just because it's a minimum doesn't mean it's the new paradigm here.

Both you and I know of a lot of people that dealt in unwritten rules and nepotism and it's just not good for the community. Don't change what you're doing, because it's working. Just remember that what's written in this post (at least with regards to split numbers) isn't a mandatory number for a split. As far as the 3:1 privates-to-sergeants ratio...well that worked in the old day, but times change. At this point, I think it would be more heinous to hold people at a private just because you already have enough sergeants than it would be to just promote them if they've earned it. Just like with everything else in life: promotions to sergeant are earned, not given out like candy. If the person isn't active, then don't promote them, but if they've been out busting their you-know-whats, why not give them that extra morale boost that comes with being promoted?

And as a final P.S. to XGC Layzie C11: we used to have a co-general rank in order to deal with 100 member clans on Halo 2. I will tell you that, though it might be manageable for one person, you will not be doing as good of a job as you would if it were 50 or 60 people in the clan just because of the sheer number of people to keep track of. One of the big things that a general does is they keep an eye out for people that are future leaders. It's hard enough with 50 or 60 (you can't play with everyone, y'know?); I can only imagine how difficult it would be at 80 or 90. That's the main reason clans were reduced in size from 80-100 to 40-60 and eliminated the co-general rank. Finally, I think I don't fit into one of your "two types of people" breakdown. I don't prefer bigger or smaller clans; I just like clans that are at where they want to be at. If they aren't, my job is to help them reach their goal.

Sorry for my two cents, but I felt that there was some small amount of misunderstanding about this whole 2014 Clan Structure thingy that was posted.

Thanks,

-[d/I].

Last edited:

XGC Phantom

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 11, 2011
New Jersey
DeadEye, there are far too many things to get into...but since you added your two cents bud, let me pose you a question first...How does a KoG XS have the right to work on Grass is Greener threads, and be able to put people into XGC or working on cases involving XGC without getting XGC Division Leaders involved...? Just another example of the multitude of things wrong...

And to add to what you said...I commented off of Double's post that said "Oh and any clan larger then 40 members to split would not be a good clan. More then 40 isn't manageable and there is no way that they could all know each other. "

I personally feel there are various ways to make running a clan successful...

FenrirReleased

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 26, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
DeadEye, there are far too many things to get into...but since you added your two cents bud, let me pose you a question first...How does a KoG XS have the right to work on Grass is Greener threads, and be able to put people into XGC or working on cases involving XGC without getting XGC Division Leaders involved...? Just another example of the multitude of things wrong...

And to add to what you said...I commented off of Double's post that said "Oh and any clan larger then 40 members to split would not be a good clan. More then 40 isn't manageable and there is no way that they could all know each other. "

Edit from Deadeye: I cut out a lot of this message and moved it instead to a private message because I don't think that this forum is neither the place to call people out nor the best manner with which to answer these questions. I just left in the bottom part so that it's here for anyone that wants to read it:

--

Finally, I didn't read all the posts prior to this (just a few previous ones) because the black-on-white hurts my eyes after a bit. However, I would say that 40 is not yet at the "unmanageable" stage. In that, I would definitely agree with you. I would still continue to disagree with Layzie's point, though. Also keep in mind what Double had said to an earlier person: don't change what you're doing if it's working. If Double's opinion is that 40 people is too many people for one general to handle...well that's his opinion. You have already demonstrated (successfully) that more than 40 can be handled by a general. That is Double's opinion, and it would shape any clans that he would be personally building. That doesn't mean that you have to suddenly change everything that you're doing just because he thinks something else. I routinely disagree with the people above me and my colleagues, but we work it out in the end. Organizations are like that, and will always continue to be. After all, you are your own man and if what you're doing works, then do it.

As I said, no offense was to be taken from my prior post. I'm honestly just trying to point out things that people misunderstood. Most of it isn't really even directed at you but more for other people that may read this later on.

Last edited:

KoG Gibz XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG EASY COMPANY
X-TEAM
KoG HELLHOUSE
KoG XILED KINGS
May 27, 2011
Upper Lake, Ca
"The grass wasn't greener" forum is run by Admins, which I believe KoG Deadeye XS (SYN Deadeye XD) has had since his tenure in Syndicate. He was appointed a duty as an admin and that's that. This guy goes above and beyond what he needs to at his current position because he wants to, not because he has to. Why knock a guy because he gets to do something you're not. I am positive you have duties that he doesn't have Phantom. We all have a roll here, we either play it and grow or choose to be a weed. This has been my 2 cents, I had a few left over from other occasions, so I was able to afford this one.

Last edited:

XGC Phantom

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 11, 2011
New Jersey
Know What...don't need anyone elses two cents...You stand up for your people, I'll stand up for mine...Thanks. I'm good. Later.

Typical for people to latch onto one branch of someone's thread and make that the basis of argument, just to argue.

KoG Fox

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 7, 2011
Cadillac, Michigan

Phantom you have alot of valid points but when it comes to Deadeye did you forget he used to be a SYN XD? he proved himself to get to the XD in SYN and now hes over here and Helping out KoG which he has done damn well... The better question is why dont you ask another XD's or higher instead of calling him out on a Public Area where all can see?...

I do not take any of this personally DeadEye, but when you're Boss tell you the way things are being done is wrong...guess what...

Phantom it happens alot in life where new things arise that change your way of doing things... but it doesn't mean you have to be upset about it... (not saying you are but... others have gotten bent outta shape about this subject...) I would take it as a compliment what 007 said was that clans that were above what 40, was unmanageable.... right?... (personally i laugh at the above 40 is unmanageable) I was in a community along time ago and they had to split at 100 with 2 gens (THAT'S COMPLICATED to gens of a clan XXD) but the 100 ppl split wasn't difficult at all... ITS ABOUT HOW YOU RUN THE CLAN (if you are distant then the clan wont be successful... but if you stick by it and play game and communicate then the clan will reach epic proportions... a clan can survive as a larger entity if you work together and help each other in the clan as well in your division... Clans can be small and large its all based apon how you and your leadership run things....

So in Short Phantom... the way you ran things must have worked and good job to yah... REMEMBER you have reached a spot in the community not very many have gotten to...

{Edit}
Know What...don't need anyone elses two cents...You stand up for your people, I'll stand up for mine...Thanks. I'm good. Later.

Typical for people to latch onto one branch of someone's thread and make that the basis of argument, just to argue.

Just to let you know im not protecting anyone... i just want to say something to you phantom... not meant to be rude or for the sake of argument... I just want to tell you that you have many valid points...

--2nd Edit-- I have this wondrous feeling i'm going to get yelled at :D

Last edited:

XGC Phantom

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 11, 2011
New Jersey
Please KoG listen:

Although Appreciated, thanks anyway. My last point:

#Deadeye XS

I think you understood that I wasn't attacking you, merely stating a fact of example. This situation, the ball was dropped on XGC's end. But I merely used it as an example of the disorganization that has again forces Great Leaders to leave. By no means sir, did I try to diminish anything you do for the community. I think you are great. Again only used it as an example, so everyone is clear.

To everyone else.

I am done on the thread.

Edit: The only reason I had anything to say to Deadeye was that he originally added his two cents to my comments...

Faceup: You and the other leaders of KoG have made it very clear you have your "Island."
I am truly sorry you feel I stepped onto it. Again my apologies, just an example.

Last edited:

FaceUp

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 30, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

Phantom,

Just to clear the air, as you know, one of my individual responsibilities as a Division Leader in Xiled Gaming is to oversee all of the "Grass Wasn't Greener" applications. I make sure that the proper steps are being taken with the applications and that they're handled appropriately. Every application that Deadeye has been involved in looking into whether it be KoG, SYN, XDC, or XGC, has made sure that a Division Leader from the division that the ex-member was going to was made fully aware of the situation.

If you had concerns regarding this, why didn't you hit me up with a Private Message or on Xbox Live to find out why he has approval to approve applications? I do believe that we talk every Sunday at our Division Leader meetings, correct? Those meetings are to air out anything that you may have concerns with or questions about as well as any ideas that we have to better the community.

As always, if you or anyone else have any questions, comments, or concerns. You know you can always contact me. I've been a part of Xiled Gaming since 2007 and am here for the members of the community no matter the division they're a part of. I don't limit my knowledge of Xiled Gaming to just KoG.

- KoG FaceUp XD

XGC Awesome

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 3, 2013
Lake City,Florida
I do not mean any offense to anyone who reads this. This is not the place to be posting insults to other members in XG. This is a place to comment on the 2014 clan structure and post your opinion in an appropriate manner. Members should not have to see leaders acting in a unprofessional demeanor. We all play an important roll in this community. As leaders in the community we are here to show members how to be leaders in XG and to keep an enjoyable gaming experience. The forums is are primary forum of communication and should be followed by the guidelines of Xiled Gaming.

In closing... Like I said I am not trying to offend anyone but, I and a couple members in XG felt as if there were some un needed comments posted. This has been my 2 cents. Have an Awesome day!

sincerely~SYN Awesome XS