Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEW 2014 CLAN STRUCTURE

EMINENCE

XG Addict
May 3, 2013
36.0156735, -82.1587351
To leaders it may concern,

As a leader in this community we not only lead by example but should also be role models to the members that we serve. Therefore, in posting in this thread we leaders should be helping the lower ranks not breaking the respected "Forum Rules and Guidelines". So far in this thread we leaders are not doing our job, our job is to encourage the members to ask questions not to call out other leaders. In Conclusion, I hope that the respected leaders that I look up to will take their problems off the public forums and take care of them in a professional way.

, SYN EMINENCE

Reactions: XGC Muggle

KoG Turok

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 6, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
The new ranking structure is very solid and I personally think it will work great because of better communication! "the key to success". Smaller Squads lead to more one on one time which makes people feel important which is one of the many goals of XG and that's easier to achieve with a smaller group of individuals. Larger groups are often harder to maintain! It's not impossible, but if it were so easy to do then we would never have to revise our structure. I see this working to XG's advantage by giving Generals more time to work and game with everyone in their clan, and then working with Captains closely to ensure people are having fun, and not letting those who want to move up feel like they're getting left behind. Quality Over Quantity has always been the way we recruit, with this new revision we should focus more on playing the games we love with our friends and not over-inflating our squads with recruits who some of us generals never get the chance to know. I for one approve the new ranking structure.

KoG Gibz XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG EASY COMPANY
X-TEAM
KoG HELLHOUSE
KoG XILED KINGS
May 27, 2011
Upper Lake, Ca
Eminence, we have nothing to hide from our members. Part of our job is to disagree with eachother. Although it may seem we are butting heads at the end of the day we are here to help eachother come to a happy medium of understanding. Whether it be in a private message or on the home page article the sparks only fly because we care for the ones we lead. I hope this helps you feel a little better. I can't give you the word of others only my own but I apologize for making you feel that way. Thanks for your time and concern. - Gibz

XGC x0 0 7x XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
SYN XILED KINGS
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
A, A
www.xiledgaming.com
Phantom, I wasn't intending to insult anyone with the clan structure and as I'm sure you read I did say nothing was set in stone. It's obvious too much here was taken literally and people have had their feelings hurt. Phantom I respect your opinion and I don't disagree with it. Understand every clan has a different dynamic. We as a community understand that and there will be clans of 120 members. Ideally we want to creat smaller clans where the family feeling and the brotherhood of gaming is created. No one is going to stop someone who wants their clan to be bigger. Clan splits can happen at 15 members if there is leadership to support it. Clans are notoriously small groups. We've just turned them into 100 people. That's just a lot of people to get to know and it limits the brotherhood and camaraderie we are based upon. The goal is to create strong relationships and in 100 people clans there are people who are left behind. We want no one left behind!! Some can do it and it will happen. We are just after it being the exception not the rule.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
For the love or god, online gaming and rodents. I can not believe what I just spent over an hour reading. It is like I slipped and hit my head while getting in the Hot Tub Time Machine.

Way back in Jan of 2006 I read the exact thing that was the original post of this thread and from that I moved forward without asking questions about anything. I used my own common sense and the simplicity of this structure laid out for me by those who had been involved in building online gaming clans with pretty good success to that point.

There wasn't a need to question it, flip it around or make up crap that wasn't written in it.

What is there is clear as day however, there were always these pesky rodents that just never got it.

Fast forward in time to well, 8 years later and sure enough, the stupidity continues.

Having had this same dumbass argument with other rodents along my many years in and around online gaming I can tell you it surely is a waste of time as it falls on deaf ears which sit on an idiots head with no brains.

What these rodents and other yucky forms of life always fail to realize, It's just a forum on a website based around online gaming. We are not talking about national healthcare laws or some other massively world effecting issue.

And for those that get their panties in a bind about the rules maybe changing or there being unwritten rules of some kind. Realize, if a group of people wish to create a site and post stuff on it and change the rules to suit their needs, so what. Guess who pays the bills for the community?

Not the rodents.

The generous smart folks which give their money and time to provide an enjoyable environment for gamers to be together and have fun are the ones that pay the bills. They have the final say no matter what and you don't have to like it nor stick around. Your opinion or so-called helpful suggestions for improvements are not wanted unless asked for.

My goodness, I can't believe this same stupid argument still lives on.

Who the hell cares if XG makes money or not.

I left this great community, one that I was honored to be in and know I was a huge part of building for many reasons. While I was already set on walking away one of those reasons was in fact to make money working online. Specifically building a website for gamers that was a bit more of a blend of facebook and a blog.

Of course, that failed big time because of the ridiculousness of the idea that you could somehow create something new and exciting while trying to work with and make other people happy that didn't have the same agenda.

When you have multiple people involved in the decision making it is very hard to always keep it focused on the primary goal. Of course, you also have to make sure that those people actually have the same goal in mind. That's where most people that move on from XG fail.

They think they are smarter than what is right in front of them so they first start with giving advice or suggestions on how things should be different. I am not talking about positive suggestions or offering up a new way of doing something that others may not know about.

I am talking about the pointing out of what is already in place in a negative way or attacking what is there as if to say, hey you all did this stuff wrong it should be done this way.

Seriously?

XG has been around for a long damn time.

Do they have some fancy social networking site which gets millions of visitors per day?
Nope.

Does the site have tons of interactive media rich content on it?
Nope.

Do you see XG's name out there at MLG events?
Nope.

Are they some feared clan when they go into matches?
Not really but they should be because I can tell you from experience of many years in XG, you didn't beat XG often. Especially when coming up against a core group of the leaders who had played together so many times they could go into a game, not speak a word about the game they were in and still win overwhelmingly because they knew what everyone else was going to do and could play off that.

Where am I going with all this, simple.

The original friends that were gaming together all had the same goal.

Get online and play games together. Then invite others to join in so they could have more people like them to play games with.

It wasn't build an online gaming community and get rich.

If they did get rich from it, good for them. They came up with something and found a way to make money at it.

At the end of the day folks, XG works because it had a solid foundation of like minded people running it. Those people then recruited more of the same and over time the community has remained one of the strongest online gaming communities there is.

As I said, NO it's not an OPTIC or some other slightly more well known name which is out there in the limelight but it is for sure a place that many games call home when they get online to game. You know that normal average gamer looking to get online with good people and play games in a simple, safe, enjoyable and fun environment.

At the end of the day, that's what it's suppose to be about.

Ok, I guess my first official post after nothing for 4 years has been long enough.

You may no go back to what you were doing. Hopefully it was having fun with your friends while gaming.

Good Game and goodnight!

Last edited:

KoG Fox

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 7, 2011
Cadillac, Michigan
Now that was a statement and a half... well said none the less (Basically sums up everything everyone has been whining about :p)... it just seems when things get bad hylander shows up to speak his mind XD

CDNBossLady

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 6, 2009
Winnipeg
Me likey Hylander and the fact he's full of common sense...and not afraid to tell it as it is. High five from this lady who likes to point, shoot and hope for the best.

XGC Hades XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Missouri
We didn't make a new structure. We are clarifying the way it has always been. Somehow along the way the teaching of the structure got a little off track. However, if changes were made the XI and XC ranks would be involved. We also get input from the DL and other members.

Last edited:

KoG Kisses

Get A Life!
May 3, 2013
This is not the military, this is a gaming community. If we used all the ranks involved in the military ranking structure that would get to confusing. The ranking structure is entitled to just set organization in the community. If there is a problem, issue, or idea you can take it to your general and they can rely it higher up. If there were more ranks and things it would just be a mess in my opinion. I think the ranks they have now is perfect and they have just the right amount.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
The military rank structure has been done by many as well as adding in new ranks to the current structure. This to include the first clan I was ever in at General off. The section leader over that clan that promoted me and another person to General in that same clan had this crazy notion there was such a thing as a 1 star, 2 star and 3 star general.

And yes, back in the H2 days there was in fact multiple Generals in one clan. Many of those clans were really multiple clans inside the clan. H2 allowed 100 people to be on the clan list which was like some goal of sorts to fill up. While it was never written anywhere most people ran H2 clans as many had mentioned earlier in this thread with huge amount of people in them being handed by multiple Generals. Otherwise, they would not have been manageable.

They were hard to manage and at times it was in fact chaos.

On a side note I would like to point out that I had over 20 clans that I was involved in building directly that had 50 plus members in them which in fact did play together as a massive online unit.

I have told the story of one of the first clans I split off of the main one in which one night I noticed there were 48 members out of 60 online and in various parties TOGETHER.

There were many times we would run with a full game lobby for hours playing games together. People would come and go but the lobby would remain full the entire time.
That is recruiting done right.

Getting back to the ranks.

What Kisses says is very true.

The more ranks you get the more things get out of whack.
Also, you can only assign so much responsibility to a particular rank and you run out of responsibilities to assign by adding more and more ranks.
There is only but so much to actually do in a clan when all said and done.

Trust me, if you can think of it someone has tried it at one time or other both in XG and outside of XG.

The reason why XG's rank structure works is well, it works.

There have been of course other titles added over time above and beyond the core clan structure beyond General and that was done because of adding different responsibilities along the way.