Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DESIGN TEAM APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com

Sorry for the delay in replies. Very busy lives and all.
So, I'd like to give you a request.

Type: Signature
Name to be used: XGC Charley XS
Color Style: deep greens, reds, blacks. Dark demon like. (She is a demon hunter after al!)
Theme: I would like this image to be used:
YO2jS89.png

XGC Willy XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 10, 2016
Maryland

I see the direction, you were trying to go with this. Although it needs some work. The first thing I noticed was how out of place your render looked. You can definatly tell that it was just set on top of another image and it didn't belong there. You can fix this a few diffrent ways. For blending you can use the blur tool and lightly blur the edges of your render or you can use the smudge tool and do the same. Try looking up some videos on blending. Another thing you can do that would help significantly is using a color overlay that matches the color of the background image on your render. When you set the overlay try messing with the opacity and the diffrent modes you can set. Number two, If your going to be using a real life image for the wallpaper for a animated render I would suggest trying a few different things. When I'm doing it I like to use a gaussian blur on the wallpaper and use the blur tool on my render to blend it. Also look up some videos on lighting and focal points. If you want some help or have questions feel free to message me and I can give you some tips that will help.

XGC Willy XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 10, 2016
Maryland
The rule of thirds involves mentally dividing up your image using 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines, as shown below. You then position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet. this rule is to help with the placements of your Renders as well as your Texts.

the points where the lines intersect are known as the Focal Points, these points are where you place your renders or images to best draw the eye to the main image of your design.

the best area to place Texts are along one of the Horizontal lines, preferably hugging or close to the focal point, this also helps to draw the eye toward your main image of your design.

XGC Willy XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 10, 2016
Maryland
I used Gimp to create this.
View attachment 36982

I really like what you did with this! There is a few things you can work on though.
Try playing with the text and the size of the image some more. The text is really hard to read and the positioning is off.
Incorporate what we talked about with the rule of thirds and try using 500x200 for the size.
Overall pretty good job man, Keep up the good work.

XGC Caesar

XGC APOCALYPSE
Aug 3, 2015
Lakewood, WA
Cav.jpg

I don't know what happened, but here is a image I made for SOTW but didn't get a chance to submit it to XGC Touch XS in time. Ive kinda lost track with the themes so I haven't been able to make any recently.

Attachments

• Cav.jpg
    Cav.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 0

XGC Caesar

XGC APOCALYPSE
Aug 3, 2015
Lakewood, WA
I am still working on this. I just got photoshop recently and I'm having trouble setting the image size correctly. It says that the image and canvas size are 500px by 200px but when I go to put it up on the website it is incorrect size or doesn't come up as a image just a small white box with a x in it. Is there a setting I'm missing?

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
I am still working on this. I just got photoshop recently and I'm having trouble setting the image size correctly. It says that the image and canvas size are 500px by 200px but when I go to put it up on the website it is incorrect size or doesn't come up as a image just a small white box with a x in it. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Try uploading it to IMGUR.COM and using the "BBCODE". Also make sure you are saving the image as PNG or GIF not PSD or JPEG.

Status
Not open for further replies.