Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DESIGN TEAM APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Caesar

XGC APOCALYPSE
Aug 3, 2015
Lakewood, WA
1) Gamertag and user name
SYN OogieBoogie

2) What type of program are you using?
Photoshop and a few mobile apps.

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
About 4 months

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
General of The Syndicate

No.

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
1) Gamertag and user name
SYN OogieBoogie

2) What type of program are you using?
Photoshop and a few mobile apps.

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
About 4 months

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
General of The Syndicate

No.

Hello, and welcome to the design application area! My name is Radio, and i'll be your guide through this magical place. Follow me, and we'll go on an adventure like you've never been before!....

eh...

Please submit 5 works of art for us to look at, as well as complete any number of the test images presented on the parent thread. Thank you, and I look forward to seeing your work.

XGC Caesar

XGC APOCALYPSE
Aug 3, 2015
Lakewood, WA
1. View attachment 36614
First I chose this image to work with from the test images. I noticed before continuing that the background of the image was darker and the wolf had a small patch of snow on the nose so i then moved on to then next part.

2. View attachment 36615 View attachment 36616
After assessing the photo I looked on google images for an image that fit the wolfs image. After choosing the image I reformatted the picture to 500 pixels by 300 pixels. Then proceeded to the next step.

3. IMG_3949.jpg

I then took the resized photo and layered them together. Then i decided to make the wolf apear more transparent to give the photo a darker tone.

4. IMG_3953.jpg
Then I placed textboxes over the image and decided the font and font color that best stood out on the background of the image.

5. Then decided the final creation complete.

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
1. View attachment 36614
First I chose this image to work with from the test images. I noticed before continuing that the background of the image was darker and the wolf had a small patch of snow on the nose so i then moved on to then next part.

2. View attachment 36615 View attachment 36616
After assessing the photo I looked on google images for an image that fit the wolfs image. After choosing the image I reformatted the picture to 500 pixels by 300 pixels. Then proceeded to the next step.

3. View attachment 36617

I then took the resized photo and layered them together. Then i decided to make the wolf apear more transparent to give the photo a darker tone.

4. View attachment 36618
Then I placed textboxes over the image and decided the font and font color that best stood out on the background of the image.

5. Then decided the final creation complete.

I appreciate you going through the steps, but I apologize for the confusion. I meant just post some works with the test images so that I can see what you can do with them.

Please keep all signatures under 500x200

that being said, I'd like for you to fill a request for me.

I'd like a signature that utilizes this image.

m02008090700002.jpg

I'd like it to say "beauty in destruction"

I'd like a blue/orange color scheme.

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010

This is image is too large! A signature max length is 500 pixels x 200 pixels.
If the request was for a wallpaper this would've been fine but radio asked for a signature.
If you can try to make your text blend in with the signature then it looking more like you just slapping text on it.
out of your 5 images you posted the last one is something im talking about but keep the. try having a focal point in your signature then everything all over the place. if you have a question about anything always ask any one of us at any time!
Please work on this signature again and show me what you can do

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
Okay ill make a few more and take what you said into play. Thanks for the feed back.

yeah that tank image is a tuff one to mess around with but you will get request like that.
Always ask question on how you can improve your work. you are here to progress!

XGC Caesar

XGC APOCALYPSE
Aug 3, 2015
Lakewood, WA
IMAGE RESIZING

Image resizing

yeah that tank image is a tuff one to mess around with but you will get request like that.
Always ask question on how you can improve your work. you are here to progress!

Yea whats a good way to make sure the image is resized correctly because a few of my photos do that

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
Yea here. I used the image to test the format it wasnt a lot of work lol.

View attachment 36663

This is the image not resized.

reason i ask is because i wanted to see what changes did you make from it being the original image versus it being your image!
and to be quite honest i see know change besides you adding text to the top right of the image. Maybe a couple burns and blur tools could of been used text placement could be better.
i would like to see you make the signature where changes are made so its not like the original image.
put a little bit more time and effort into it, not saying that your not but i would like to see it different.
mess with filters if you want try some tutorials out for a start.]
dont get me wrong its good but i would call this a rough draft! i know you could do better
would you like a test image with a tutorial for some practice with tools?

XGC Caesar

XGC APOCALYPSE
Aug 3, 2015
Lakewood, WA
reason i ask is because i wanted to see what changes did you make from it being the original image versus it being your image!
and to be quite honest i see know change besides you adding text to the top right of the image. Maybe a couple burns and blur tools could of been used text placement could be better.
i would like to see you make the signature where changes are made so its not like the original image.
put a little bit more time and effort into it, not saying that your not but i would like to see it different.
mess with filters if you want try some tutorials out for a start.]
dont get me wrong its good but i would call this a rough draft! i know you could do better
would you like a test image with a tutorial for some practice with tools?

well at the moment i cant work on photoshop because my computer is broken but i can work with some other things to make a sig with but ill work on a few more sigs that are more than just a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.