Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XGC AGE REQUIREMENT

PFC Jagger

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2010
Texas
I was wondering why you XI's decided to make XGC 18+ I would have thought 17+ since most of the mature stuff we talk about is in Mature rated game and they're 17+. I was just curious because I keep running into 17 year olds that would really like to join XGC, but are upset when they find out that its 18+.

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
18+ is just the established 'adult age' and I'm sure they followed that.

Anyway, if you do run into u18's you can just place them into a KoG or SYN clan where they can learn the ropes and then transfer to a XGC clan... I'd sure be happy to get them in Crusade..

XGC Phntm XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
XGC ENIGMA
XGC CERBERUS
XGC DEATH REAPERS
Apr 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
18+ is just the established 'adult age' and I'm sure they followed that.

Anyway, if you do run into u18's you can just place them into a KoG or SYN clan where they can learn the ropes and then transfer to a XGC clan... I'd sure be happy to get them in Crusade..
That is actually going on with one of the members in SYN (as an example)...he's transferring over to XGC at the end of September on his birhtday.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
first off, you should not transfer from kog or syn to XG just because you turn 18. there are many mature people in both kog and syn. kog and syn are not for the immature, but they simply don't have the age limit that Xg has. i honestly don't think that transfering on ur 18th birthday is a very mature thing to do... think about it, you would be leaving behind your clan in kog or syn, just because you want to be in XGC, the 18+ clan. XGC is not the big boys clan, it is simply a place for mature gamers. transfers are a good thing if you are having issues with whatever clan you are currently in, or you truely do not enjoy the experience you are getting in kog or syn...

as for the specific age, someone else already nailed it on the head... 18 is the legal age (at least in the states, and i believe most countries now a days) that you are an adult. if the government believes that you are old enough to grab a gun and fight and die for your country, than you are def. old enough to be a part of a mature gaming community. i realize that M rated games allow 17 and older, but we feel that 18 is a better indicator. we also understand that the system is not perfect in that there are 16 yr olds that are as mature as a 25 yr old, and that there are 40 yr olds that act like they are 12. but an age limit is the best way that we can make a definite requirement. there was even the idea of a 21 yr old limit when we first made XG, but the idea was thrown out due to many reasons, 1 being that the age limit for alcohol is 18 in most every country except US...

did i answer your question or is there still something unclear? let me know, i'll do my best

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
It's all about who you run into and play with if your playing with an immature syn or kog guy then yeah your gunna have problems with that division and think that everybody is like that but if you play with ppl you consider mature than your entire view changes so thats why every sergeant and up needs to be mature when dealing with new ppl into the clan.

edit: Make sure you send ppl where you think they would best fit in if they cant be in xgc ;)

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
we want everyone to have fun and play with like minded gamers... for some reason though people get negative connotations about kog or syn because we allow individuals in that are under 18 years of age. I have met some 15 yr olds that were much more mature than some 30 yr olds i've played with... generally when you join XG you join with the person that recruited you, because you enjoyed playing with them... if you didn't enjoy playing with them in the first place, you prolly would have never joined because you weren't having fun in the first place

SYN_BLUEDOG

Forum Junkie
Feb 25, 2010
Texas
Yea, like im 12 and very mature for my age. Oh wait, Im 42. Scratch that. lol. Yea, ive played with some young guys that were cool to play with and some older guys that were total retards. Some people are just natural haters and they aspire to make anyones gaming experience less than desirable. I played with a group of guys on MW2, they were all in thier 20's and they were not just talking smack, they were degrading everyone even each other. that is when mute becomes precious as gold. I am noit a big smack talker, hell i am not a big talker period. All of my buddies in Dev always ask if i am still there during a game. LOL. I have been known to shoot back on occasion though. I am not sure why I added all of this but I did so there. lol. Have fun, its only a game.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
no, in the case of online gaming... i love the games, but hate the annoying players...

it's so weird the mix of people you can get... i've played with young kids that would say every curse word they have heard of, just because their parents were in bed, i had a really young kid just singing twinkle twinkle little star over and over, one time a young kid was yelling at the top of his lungs at his mom to get him another **** chocolate milk, and younger kids that were better than me and mature about it... there's no way to tell who's going to be a brat and who's going to be cool

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
you nailed it thanks I was just curious:)

Thanks for asking... we love to hear opinions... and this was a good question... one thing i didn't mention is that i don't believe we ever really had a debate as to whether the age limit should be 17 or 18. we might have had this debate, but i dont remember it, but that is why i'm glad you brought it up. it got me to rethink something that has just been commonplace for a while. it would make sense to do a 17 yr old age limit, since the ESRB rating for a M game is 17+. But i think the age for an A (adult) game is still 18 (i can't think of any A games in the recent history but still...). I came to the conclusion that we had made the right decision to put it at 18, but it is good to rethink old ideas from time to time