Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN FAIRY XS DESIGN TEAM APP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYN Deadly

SYN DEVIL DOGS
XILED DESIGN
Jan 31, 2016
Missouri
1) Gamertag and user name:
SYN Fairy XS

2) What type of program are you using? (Must be design able, NOT a font or filter editor.
pixlr editor and bannersnack combination

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
I have been using this for about a year now but i have used photoshop before when i was in college a couple years ago.

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
Section Leader and no. i have some free time to think about designs and complete them in a timely manner. I had previously done an application before the website crash but i don't mind starting over with fresh ideas. I can include some of the images from before in my post.

fkBASsM.jpg

lKAnxUO.png

flmVeM5.png

uHakynU.png

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
1) Gamertag and user name:
SYN Fairy XS

2) What type of program are you using? (Must be design able, NOT a font or filter editor.
pixlr editor and bannersnack combination

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
I have been using this for about a year now but i have used photoshop before when i was in college a couple years ago.

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
Section Leader and no. i have some free time to think about designs and complete them in a timely manner. I had previously done an application before the website crash but i don't mind starting over with fresh ideas. I can include some of the images from before in my post.

fkBASsM.jpg

lKAnxUO.png

flmVeM5.png

uHakynU.png

Welcome to the Design Application Area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC (or constructive criticism) on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

To start off with, I would like you to make some productions from the Test Images for Applicants Thread, which can be found >HERE< that is provided above your app. This is intended so we may begin to see a start point and end result.

We also suggest making an account on IMGUR.COM for your images (This is the Image Hosting Site that all designers on the team use). Please use the BB CODE when submitting them. Please remember that all images must be in PNG or GIF format. Signatures are maximum 500x200 pixels and banners are 400x75 pixels.

PLEASE NOTE: I will be looking into the two programs that you have mentioned a little more to help with tutorials over the next few days. One thing I can recommend is checking out bannerfans.com for text/font. They have a little better variety then the normal texts.

Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

SYN Deadly

SYN DEVIL DOGS
XILED DESIGN
Jan 31, 2016
Missouri
Hello,

Here are three images to start off with. Hopefully they are decent enough :D Looking forward to being able to be a part of the design team. It will be fun to do!

pHeiQY7.png

4hVnNZE.png

GJxYN82.png

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
Sorry it took forever for this but here is an idea I had for this. :)

kTRIY8D.png

This is a great start! So first thing I want to point out is the font. Check out www.font.com for some pretty cool fonts. They can range from normal fonts like yours, and completely different fun fonts. You will need to download the font to your computer. If you need help with this, hit me up on XBL.

Second, the render (Katarina) is a little "stretched" for lack of a better term. One way to fix this is to hold SHIFT when resizing the render. After placing the render on your canvas, hold down your SHIFT button the entire time you are resizing. This will help keep the render proportionate and not so stretched out.

Third, the render really sticks out and isn't really blended in with the over all image. After you have resized the render to your liking, duplicate the image. On the bottom render layer, go to FILTER > BLUR > GAUSSIAN BLUR. Set it between 2.0 and 3.0. Once that has been done, go to the top render layer, and set the layer to OVERLAY. You may have to mess with the opacity a little, as it may be too dark. Sometimes you can even set the layer to SCREEN. Now, if the render looks a little too blended in, you can sharpen the top layer. Go to FILTER > SHARPEN > SHARPEN.

Please make these changes, and repost your new image. This is a very good start for beginning to work with Photoshop!
Like always, if you have any questions, hit me up on XBL.

XGC Tant XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC Pantheon
XGC Ragnarok
XGC BLOOD OATH
XGC APOCALYPSE
May 11, 2012
Seattle, WA
Hello,

Here is the fixed one. Hopefully this is better. Had to redo the whole process again :D

DNdWiO5.png

This has been Approved. Please make it a point to show up to the Design Team Open House on Wednesday 4/18 @ 9pm EST. It will be held on the X1 in an XBL Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.