Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEW APPLICANT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviousaursRex

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 5, 2012
Arizona, USA
1) Gamertag and user name
KoG Chronos

2) What type of program are you using?
Photoshop

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
Couple years, nothing serious.

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
KoG Purge
Captain
No

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
1) Gamertag and user name
KoG Chronos

2) What type of program are you using?
Photoshop

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
Couple years, nothing serious.

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
KoG Purge
Captain
No

Welcome to the Design application area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge-if possible, or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

To begin with, please submit 5 of your favorite or more recents sigs/designs.

In addition, we would like to see some productions from the test images for applicants that is provided above your app. Which can be found >>CLICK HERE<<. This is intended so we may see a start point and end result. Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you.

DeviousaursRex

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 5, 2012
Arizona, USA
Five most Recent Designs :

Blood_Fangs_banner.png

Banner_for_Sarah.png

Banner_for_Exile.png

Chronos_Banner.png

Deadpool.png

I'll get working on those images now.

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
Part 2

example_1.png

Test2.png

test_3.png

test4.png

test5.png

Hello, how you doing today? my name is jacob im one of designers xiled has to offer!! lol but besides me i want to talk to you about your work.
how long have you actually done signatures for? like is it a hobby or something?
second question.
are you opening to learning more design methods and tricks?

Tbh with you i feel like you still need work with blends, lights, positioning, etc.. im willing to help you in all those areas but need 100% dedication from you are you okay with that?

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
Part 2

example_1.png

Test2.png

test_3.png

test4.png

test5.png

Okay, first things first. Some of these images exceed the size requirements for signatures (including your personal signatures). The maximum size for a signature is 500 pixels by 200 pixels. The maximum size for banners is 400 pixels by 75 pixels.

Secondly, what are you using for the backgrounds of these images? Are you making your own images for the backgrounds, or are you finding them on google? With the first set, I cannot tell what the beginning point of each signature is, which means I cannot tell what makes each signature yours. Both sets look like two step signatures, which means simply putting a render on a background and that's it. Every one of us designers have done this when we first started, so don't fret about it. Now, while I can see where your starting point is on the second set, it still seems like two step signatures.

So, what I would like for you to do is google transparent C4Ds.

A good website to help get you started on learning how to use photoshop are:
http://www.sigtutorials.com/

Utilize this website, and us designers for help.

To start off with, id like you to make me a signature with the following:

Name to be used for Image (any other text as well)
XGC Charley XS / Serenity Section
Theme of the signature (Any Images you want as well)
Use Test Image #56 in the DESIGN TEAM TRAINING GROUNDS
Color Style (Optional)
Dark.

Last edited:

DeviousaursRex

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 5, 2012
Arizona, USA
You know I mostly do this for fun and as a hobby of mine. While I am willing to learn tricks etc I was more of putting this application to help the designers here and help contribute to Xiled Gaming as a whole. With that being said I could still make that banner for you Charley, I just don't know if it will be to your standards :/ however I'll give it a shot.

As for backgrounds it's a mix, sometimes I find them and yes sometimes I make them myself. The images on the second batch weren't really supposed to meet banner requirements for signatures if they need to be resized I can do that if necessary.

I have been playing with photoshop on and off for two years, nothing professional just fun....

DeviousaursRex

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 5, 2012
Arizona, USA
OH!

About the "Two Step Signatures" I'm sorry you thought that... Each image is compiled of several images. If an image that I want to use as the main "Foreground" has a background I go through it and delete it all by hand kind of deal, clean it up and I will add shading to it, or light, or even color if necessary, burn effects, dodge and so on. I make layers to help with lighting such as the mermaid with the jellyfish, plus with that same image I used dark blues, grays, and greens to help with the color scheme to better fit the background. For that background I googled Kelp beds, found the best one I could, edited to darken it, then added an additional layer to make it a almost murky haze using a blur effect, and fading it so the background image is seen. The banner for Exile was made as I said after I worked on the foreground image. The background to this signature was found on google. I added at least three layers to get the color right so that it didn't look just as if I pasted an image over it.

The deadpool sig was completely custom. I found the two images, the unicorn was faded into the background which I created, Deadpool himself was lightened and fitted for the banner so I can see how this one was considered a two step one.

The rainbow one was an image I had to once again go through, delete the background, clean up what I could. I wasn't to happy with this one however this is one that my cousin had requested.

My signature I had to once again find an image, delete any background clean up the lines etc from there I worked on the background which was something I had as a stock image which was red and yellow. I worked on the colors by adding layers, making an almost blurred color scheme that was faded to add a tint over the image altering the colors.

As for not being able to tell where they start and where they end.. The only solution I can give is adding a border around them? Because I don't see much difference from mine than the first one in your signature Charley o_O?

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
hey do you mind working on something for me? i want a smudge signature. and i have a render for you. use this tutorial as a guide.
Render:
poseidon_render_by_tc_designs-d6yorp5.png

Tutorial:
naruto_smudge_tutorial_by_thekellz.jpg

DeviousaursRex

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 5, 2012
Arizona, USA
so ive seen you been working on projects? do you mind sharing with us?

It was something stupid simple, nothing complex or anything as my hand is still pretty messed up, no smudges etc, as I told Touch I could try but my hand is still braced up etc so I can't promise that the requested above project would be considered "worthy". However if you'd like I will post the two banners I made for both Exile and Fvalis

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
It was something stupid simple, nothing complex or anything as my hand is still pretty messed up, no smudges etc, as I told Touch I could try but my hand is still braced up etc so I can't promise that the requested above project would be considered "worthy". However if you'd like I will post the two banners I made for both Exile and Fvalis

i dont see whats wrong with trying. yeah ive seen them before they are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.