Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MLG SPONSORSHIPS

My Tail

Forum Noob
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Hey I was wondering if xiledgaming offered sponsorships for MLG Teams, because I have an aspiring team for halo that will not stop til were pro. So yeah. Get back to me with your answer please.

My Tail

Forum Noob
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Aww, I had hoped that they would. I think that a sponsorship would actually prove quite usefull, free advertising, and a promise that we won't stop until were pro. To ensure that we even have a semi pro on our team. So I just hope they still do.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
we r not currently sponsoring a team, but we have in the future, and we aren't saying we won't ever again. If/when we get back into the pro circuits, we will develop a team within XG. we have a lot of aspiring pros in XG, that all have dreams of making it bigtime. hopefully we will have some people that do make it big time. My suggestion is to find some talented teams around XG and see what you got. Talk to caviezel first, he can point you in the right direction in halo

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
With the underpants gnomes
To ensure that we even have a semi pro on our team.

What?

No offense but I looked into your game history on Bungie and I was curious if that was really your tag.

Even the lowest ranked semi pro players play on their MLG 50s and consistently win. You and the people you play with are level 30s overall.

Have you ever played an actual MLG team? One that consisted of real semi pros or at the very least, known players who have no points but show potential?

Reactions: CGE BioNexus CA

FenrirReleased

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 26, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
Well, ranks mean something, but I agree, not everything.

It is important that if you are good at something to represent yourself in it. What way is more obvious than a 50 in MLG? It is the one rank that does mean something. Unless it is a 50 that is bought and then never played on again lol.

What means something though is effort. Just keep at something and then you will be set. Keep at it and practice enough, and combined with the natural skills one has at a game, you will get SOMEWHERE. Where is something I cannot say, but effort does pay off.

-SYN D3ADEYE XS

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
LULZ at this conversation. My Tail, keep me updated on your halo. I could probably get you to scrim some good teams. Let me know.

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
my tail i must say just cuz you promise doesnt mean anything work on getting your rank up and you might be able to make it pro if there is another tourney out here in cali or something bcuz the talent out here is not able to make it to the tourneys haha

if its in the east best of luck but remember to be considered semi pro you gotta make it into the top 32 which if im correct takes at the very least five or six games straight wins! so yeah make sure you scrim the best

btw rank matters in the community as far as who knows what to do in running a clan if you cant respect that then rethink what your in for and where you wanna be..

el Catastrophic

Forum Nub
Jan 28, 2010
Tennessee
My tail, Im sponsored by Best Buy, GameStop, Redux energy and GGL.com.
But not for Halo. I use to be in OpTic Gaming for xbox, COD4 sniping. I left because they became too egoish. But my sponsors stayed with me, and well Best Buy is the newest.

You should check into those places for good sponsorship and all man.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
rank in halo doesn't matter if you can tell me you scrim with/against the pro teams regularly and just play custom matches not ranked multiplayer matches... so i understand the rank thing... but there is a lot more to pro gaming than just finding a group a 4 guys that play really well... i've seen good teams and i've seen teams that need work... i have no idea how you guys play (never played with you) but just understand sponsorships are not gained though a post on a forum board. XG has sent teams to MLG in the past and actually had them finish within top 10 in the PRO ladder. so we've seen talent, we know how to go about getting talent... the pro circuits are not the direction we are heading today... (i can't say what's in the future) one guy that we turned down in the past (he was great his team wasn't very good) ended up finishing #1 overall in the pro FFA MLG tourny (ghostayame). there are a lot of factors involved... keep practicing if this is truly your dream, but remember to have fun, it is still a game

My Tail

Forum Noob
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Wow everyone of you are contradicting what th next one says. You may not believe that just because were not known don't have fifties and are am that were not going anywhere any time soon. No offence all but, Shut Up! We have what it takes and I just want to let you know that we will be pro we will do it in the next year and we will prove that were MLG!

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
With the underpants gnomes
Wow everyone of you are contradicting what th next one says. You may not believe that just because were not known don't have fifties and are am that were not going anywhere any time soon. No offence all but, Shut Up! We have what it takes and I just want to let you know that we will be pro we will do it in the next year and we will prove that were MLG!

Ok

But if the toughest competition you've matched up against is level 30 MLG then you're in a for a harsh reality check.

I have a 50 in MLG and so do many of my friends. I've been on the receiving end of countless beatdowns in that playlist despite my ability. That said, level 30 MLG is about as challenging for me as breathing. I think you need to accept that gameplay in the higher levels is different than lower levels

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com

1. it's good to have confidence, but i don't appreciate you coming to MY forum and requesting me to shut up...

2. if you haven't noticed(clearly you haven't), everyone has been trying to give you advice on how to get noticed and get better. we are here to help all of our members to achieve their goals, and we've seen aspiring pros like yourself before. We've seen people become successful and we've seen people crash and burn. we were trying to help, and you will have to learn a lesson in humility and accept some help. no one is going to give you a sponsorship if they don't know who you are, and what you are all about... playing skill is not the only factor in becoming pro, it helps but you need many more interpersonal skills/business/financial skills to make it big...

Once again, we are here to help... whether or not you choose to listen is up to you... only you can decide what is best for you, but remember all in all it's just a game... if you aren't having fun, you need to change something or pick a new hobby

Jun 4, 2009
Memphis
1. it's good to have confidence, but i don't appreciate you coming to MY forum and requesting me to shut up...

2. if you haven't noticed(clearly you haven't), everyone has been trying to give you advice on how to get noticed and get better. we are here to help all of our members to achieve their goals, and we've seen aspiring pros like yourself before. We've seen people become successful and we've seen people crash and burn. we were trying to help, and you will have to learn a lesson in humility and accept some help. no one is going to give you a sponsorship if they don't know who you are, and what you are all about... playing skill is not the only factor in becoming pro, it helps but you need many more interpersonal skills/business/financial skills to make it big...

Once again, we are here to help... whether or not you choose to listen is up to you... only you can decide what is best for you, but remember all in all it's just a game... if you aren't having fun, you need to change something or pick a new hobby

I completely agree with you. My Tail asks for advice, people give it to him/her, and he/she gets mad. How does that make sense lol?

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
ehh you see it time and time again he/she is prolly a kid and doesnt understand what they are getting themselves into and coming into the reality of things like what jangles said gets a reality check

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
well let's not criticize him/her... everyone has to learn one way or the other the trials and tribulations of the pro gaming world... i must state that i am not here to criticize my tail, i'm simply here to help and provide guidance... i think that i have been kind and helpful to anyone and everyone that has come to me for help (as well as some people who aren't looking for help but just like to talk), so i just don't appreciate a lack of respect. i don't deserve respect because i am a council member (i'm just a gamer like every member of our community, from privates to council), but i ask for the respect of one human to another, especially if you come to me for help...