Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HADES' TWO CENTS!

XGC Hades XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Missouri
irs.jpgAfter reading all the posts from the recent Article from 007 I am going to throw a few things out.

One: For those of you thinking we just kicked out the leaders without investigating the issue. We spent five straight nights from about 8 PM to 3-4 AM every night talking to people, talking to some of them, listening to them lie to our faces, and figuring out what we needed to do.

Two: Technically we never kicked them out. They sent messages out that they had been kicked out while we were talking to the first of three of them. No decision had been made. The fact is that when the message went out the one in the room with us stopped talking because he was shocked then left the room. Would they had been kicked - yes probably, but to do it this way they have tried to increase the drama and make themselves martyrs.

Three: Saying that they didn't poach and only people who wanted to come did. They are still pulling people in rooms and lying to them. We have had members come and tell us. Find some people who are still here, but were friends with them they will tell you. They even went as far as to lie about one of our community leaders going with them to try and convince people to leave.

Four: For the people who said XG used poaching to start our community. When the small group of us who dreamed up XG decided to leave KSI that is what we did. We gave the owner of KSI all of our clan information, left him the domain names that 007 paid for, and wished him luck. We did not post any articles, forum post, or any other kind of message saying we were leaving. Our members came and found us. Once again many of them are still in the community today. Go ask Black Knight if we poached him from KSI.

Five: For the people who think we copied KSI's rank structure or Honor Code / Rules. Go look at their structure it does not even look like ours. As far as the Honor Code and Rules. We are the ones that wrote it for them. When I was recruited by 007 in KSI he had about 50 members in his clan KSI had about 400 members total in three different areas. Nine month later KSI had about 4500 members and 4000 of them were from our part of the community. The rules were developed by us for our group. The funny thing was we decide to re-write them for XGC because we wanted a new start.

Six: And my favorite part that always comes up. 007 and myself are rich guys who have made all of our money off this site and you gamers. The truth is we are an incorporated company with 5 owners who each own 20%. We have incorporated the name to protect ourselves legally. We have to file taxes with the government every year, which is public record for those who don't know. As in our public records you will see that no owner has ever taken a kickback or salary. For those of you who don't know the cost of a website this size: About $200 a month for servers that won't lag and an average of $100 a month for the webmaster that monitors our site to keep it from getting hacked. $200 a year for licensing fees for the website. About $400 a year to our accountant who check that we are reinvest all monies made and tells us we are stupid every year for keeping open a business that does not make money. I will also go to tell you that last year was our most profitable year ever. We made $104 total. Let's see that $21 a piece if we pull and distribute the retained earnings to our five owners. Until this year the most we ever made was $7. This also does not include the approximately $5000 - $8000 invested by the five of us over the years (most of from 007 and Otto). I am going to attach a copy of our tax statement for this year. It is a Schedule K-1 (Form 1120S) from the IRS. For the people will then say I faked the document check with the IRS it is public record because we are incorporated.

I would like to close in saying this. It had taken a lot of time and money to build what we have. We give this to our great members for free. For those of you who do buy subscriptions to help pay for the site I do appreciate it. Though we do not make money at least we no longer have to spend our own personal funds to keep it up. Keep in mind for years we did just that. Most of our members appreciate the service we try to provide, but those of you who come on here and accuse us of stuff without having your facts straight really pisses me off. If you want to accuse us of something come to us and let's talk. Don't post BS you have no idea about on the site. For those of you who think we don't investigate issues and we jump to conclusions look at the amount of time we don't spend playing games. For those of you who say we don't have an open door policy. Go find one person who has directly asked to talk to myself or 007 and hasn't gotten in a room with one of us.

I would also like not announce the formation on Hades' Two Cents Monthly. If anyone wants to hear about anything about XG from how we started, what goes on in the meetings, to how many times 007 and I have yelled at each other. Just go to my forum and post your question in the Hade's two cents thread. I will pick a topic and write a article about it at least once a month.

XGC xTFLEMx XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED VIDEO
XILED ELITES
XGC WOLF PACK XK
SYN ENVY 7
XGC NEW DYNASTY
Dec 4, 2006
Tampa, Florida
So if XiledGaming made $104, and they had to pay H&R Block $75 to process their Federal Return, How many dollars are they left with?

MAKE IT RAIN MACHINE, HERE I COME!!!!!

KoG Gibz XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG EASY COMPANY
X-TEAM
KoG HELLHOUSE
KoG XILED KINGS
May 27, 2011
Upper Lake, Ca
Oh I know it's 29!!! Now I want my gold star on the wall for student of the month!

KoG Kisses

Get A Life!
May 3, 2013
In my opionion, if people are believing the lies and rumors going around the community then they just need to leave, it will not hurt us any. I have been in this community for 4 months, and it has been the best 4 months of my life. I have met 3 of the council members and everyone one of them answers my questions truthfully. They care about the community, just like many of our learders now do. Someone always leaves, its not the community causing the problem, it is always that one person wanting to start problems because they did not like getting told what they are doing wrong. You guys have inspired me since I joined XG and I want you all to keep up the hard work. This is by far the best gaming community I have ever been in, so all I have to say is Thank you.

NG5 Warpath

XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG HELLHOUSE
Feb 26, 2012
Illinois
tinypic.com
i look at it this way......
has xiled gaming ever demanded money from me? never
has xiled gaming excepted donantions? most likely yes
define donation?
do•na•tion (doʊˈneɪ ʃən)
n.
1. an act or instance of presenting a gift or contribution.
2. a gift, as to a fund; contribution.

(doesnt sound like a demand for money)

Cost of a website?
i can not give you a quoted price but when i was studying website design the bare basics was $4.99 a month to keep it up. then separately you had to have someone design and maintain the IT plus up keep which can cost quite a bit depending on traffic to your website and customizations.

so in the end if anyone made money on the community good they deserved it because nothing in this life is free.

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
THANK YOU! Where are you at haters?! I know ya'll there! Where are all the people at talking that big $hit all last night? I dont see none of you posting in this article huh? Yea it's all good i'll see you guys post in the grass wasn't greener forum 90 days from now lol.

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
The fact that you even had to show this is sickening. You've created an area that thousands of us use everyday with out a second thought, FREE FOR US. What more do you want!?!?? I know I try to donate every year!

Not only that...but add the fact that you have GfX designers who work HOURS on end to bring tags for the community for absolutely nothing in return. Good luck getting that anywhere else!!

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
I swear the topic of Council members "making profit" off of donations has been discussed at least 100 times and still the fact remains, the money goes to the community that THEY made. This community is not an iron thumb community, open door policies and documents of transactions prove it. Can we just let it go and game with each other? That is why we are here aren't we, to game? I can't believe we are still talking about this, it irritates me every time not only to see people leave, but also people spreading false accusations to members who are none the wiser.

XGC Fuffalo

Banned
Feb 26, 2007
SLC Utah
i

Cost of a website?
i can not give you a quoted price but when i was studying website design the bare basics was $4.99 a month to keep it up. then separately you had to have someone design and maintain the IT plus up keep which can cost quite a bit depending on traffic to your website and customizations.

so in the end if anyone made money on the community good they deserved it because nothing in this life is free.

While other communities host their servers on fatcow, hostgater, etc, XG runs on dedicated servers, and hires people to maintain those servers. Not to mention the cost of vbulletin 4.0 (a $250 upgrade) and clan compete (while runs on a program costing roughly $300). I assure it is A LOT more than $5 a month.

With love-

Fuffalo

XGC Aesopswolf

Forum Nerd
Aug 10, 2011
A, A
Right on Hades, there are no words to express the thanks and gratitude for what all of you higher ups have created. XGC the place I like to call home and family. Member since 2011 and going strong.

XGC Elroacho

Banned
Jun 1, 2012
And even if they did get rich, who cares! We came to xgc looking for a home. Xgc sheltered our shadowed lives in the gaming world, provided us a community with open arms! We owe it to them! Ive been in xgc for going on 2 yrs and i have no thoughts of ever leaving xgc. This is my home and willing to share it to whom is willing to join!

XGC Moxxi

Forum Junkie
Mar 9, 2007
Kentucky
I have been in XGC for over 6 years now. I have been general off and on for 5 of those years. XG has not only given me great times and great friends but I also met my soul mate here. Yes there are other communities out there and no XG isnt perfect, but they've given me more than I could've imagined when I joined all those years ago and all they have ever asked of me is to respect their rules and have fun. I love this community and I hope that one day I can find a way to repay you guys for giving all of us a place to call home!