Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CAN I JOIN DOE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYN Tigris

Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2016
Mississippi
1) Gamertag and user name
DeadlyGirl10

2) What type of program are you using?
GIMP for my laptop and PicArt for my phone

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
5 days non stop

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
KoG Echo
General
no

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX
1) Gamertag and user name
DeadlyGirl10

2) What type of program are you using?
GIMP for my laptop and PicArt for my phone

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
5 days non stop

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
KoG Echo
General
no

Welcome to the Design application area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge-if possible, or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

To begin with, please submit 5 of your favorite or more recents sigs/designs.
In addition, we would like to require productions from the test images for applicants that is provided above your app. This is intended so we may beging to see a start point and end result. Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you.

SYN Tigris

Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2016
Mississippi

Welcome to the Design application area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge-if possible, or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

In addition, we would like to require productions from the test images for applicants that is provided above your app. This is intended so we may beging to see a start point and end result. Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you.

DZCkyvg.jpg

Mqnxeet.jpg

oXP4EAS.jpg

ubE0EPi.jpg

DFVcrld.png

SYN Tigris

Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2016
Mississippi

XBKGjwz.png

b04nruz.png

ecZTIri.png

6tJNcQx.png

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com

While I like your twist on this, it looks like you found a picture on google, switched up some of the coloring and added text.

So, I'd like to see what you can do with renders.

Go to the Xiled Design Training Grounds, and make me a signature with Test Image #53. Focus on the lighting of the render.

Use these guidelines:

NAME TO BE USED: XGC Charley XS

THEME: training Ground Test Image #53, blood, Diablo 3 Monk super powers, and fire.

COLOR: oranges, reds

Last edited:

SYN Tigris

Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2016
Mississippi
While I like your twist on this, it looks like you found a picture on google, switched up some of the coloring and added text.

Go to the Xiled Design Training Grounds, and make me a signature with Test Image #53. Focus on the lighting of the render.

Use these guidelines:

THEME: training Ground Test Image #53, blood, Diablo 3 Monk super powers.

send me the image you want

SYN Tigris

Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2016
Mississippi

Use these guidelines:

THEME: training Ground Test Image #53, blood, Diablo 3 Monk super powers, and fire.

l4zWsd5.jpg

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
testimage_zpsp15wufjo.png

l4zWsd5_zpslkne22od.jpg

Hi! I'm Austin. Allow me to help you in this journey.

First, I see your thought process with the glow effect on the render; however, I think it may have missed the mark. Please see the attached diagram of the light shadows found in the render.

Secondly, it appears that the render may have gotten stretched during the resizing, causing it to look a little skewed. Many programs have a lock option to keep them in ratio format. Most of the time, you can utilize the "shift" key to obtain the same effects. You do not always need to use the entire image in the signature.

I'd like you study a photography concept called "the rules of 3" (or "rules of thirds", depending on where you find it). In a nut shell, it states that they way a Human's eyes analyze an image, it divides the image into sections, approx. 1 third at a time. The philosophy is that key items should fall on these parts, as it's a natural area the eye is drawn too, and seems more pleasant in the translation to your brain (the human body is fascinating!).

Focal points and text that fall on these intersections create a more thought out image.

Thirdly, harsh lines on renders make it seem like images do no belong, and we want to avoid this, as we're trying to create a seemless, cohesive piece of artwork. Sometimes, just taking a small smudge tool or blur tool to the outline can soften the render, and make it feel more a part of the image itself.

I'd like to see you remake this image with the advice given.

Thanks,

Radio.

SYN Tigris

Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2016
Mississippi
testimage_zpsp15wufjo.png

l4zWsd5_zpslkne22od.jpg

Hi! I'm Austin. Allow me to help you in this journey.

First, I see your thought process with the glow effect on the render; however, I think it may have missed the mark. Please see the attached diagram of the light shadows found in the render.

Secondly, it appears that the render may have gotten stretched during the resizing, causing it to look a little skewed. Many programs have a lock option to keep them in ratio format. Most of the time, you can utilize the "shift" key to obtain the same effects. You do not always need to use the entire image in the signature.

I'd like you study a photography concept called "the rules of 3" (or "rules of thirds", depending on where you find it). In a nut shell, it states that they way a Human's eyes analyze an image, it divides the image into sections, approx. 1 third at a time. The philosophy is that key items should fall on these parts, as it's a natural area the eye is drawn too, and seems more pleasant in the translation to your brain (the human body is fascinating!).

Focal points and text that fall on these intersections create a more thought out image.

Thirdly, harsh lines on renders make it seem like images do no belong, and we want to avoid this, as we're trying to create a seemless, cohesive piece of artwork. Sometimes, just taking a small smudge tool or blur tool to the outline can soften the render, and make it feel more a part of the image itself.

I'd like to see you remake this image with the advice given.

Thanks,

Radio.

HpO0U8q.jpg

Like this???

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
Yes, i usually like 400×200 but it would be stretched for this pic so I went smaller. Anything else for advice?

You don't have to fill the sig with the focal. You can have empty space. The use of fractals and C4Ds can help fill the space and give depth. When I return to work on Monday, I'll give you more to work on.

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX
Better! It looks crisp. Might be a little small for your client, but you can choose whatever sizes you'd like. Every artist kind of has a size they default to.
HpO0U8q.jpg

Like this???

Yes I see your point. I myself use a 450x150 signature size. at times it gives me a bit of trouble for the length of what I am trying to do. Although from time to time it allows me to work with smaller images. That image looks a lot better. The lighting seems to be more localized to a specific area which is good. Possibly try some new C4D's.

Last edited:

SYN Tigris

Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2016
Mississippi
Yes I see your point. I myself use a 450x150 soignature size. at times it gives me a bit of trouble for the length of what I am trying to do. Although from time to time it allows me to work with smaller images. That image looks a lot better. The lighting seems to be more localized to a specific area which is good. Possibly try some new C4D's.

I would have yo get a program for that. Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.