Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BASIC TRAINING. WAT WAS UR FAVORITE?

SYN Satori

Forum Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
Michigan
I went to MCRD San Diego for bootcamp and then from there I was at SOI. I really wouldn't classify any part of the Marine Corps bootcamp as fun, in fact I would describe it as hell. A common punishment for us was called "the water IT", where we would fill a canteen with water, line up and chug the entire canteen until it was empty and then turning it over to prove to the drill instructors that you were done. You would repeat this process until you were laying on the floor in a pool of your own vomit or until the drill instructors thought you had enough...which was never before puking. I had to eat a tube of toothpaste once because my drill instructor thought we weren't brushing our teeth good enough. I remember getting dressed in the first phase taking an hour or longer in the morning because we were all supposed to get dressed together and with speed, and if you didn't you had to take everything off and start all over. I remember getting in a circle before eating and forced to fist fight another recruit because our DI's thought we weren't "tough enough". I remember watching slide shows of dead people or people being killed in order to desensitize us to killing, that was mainly our SDI's work. I remember the DI's stealing our MRE's during the crucible so that we were only eating once a day with little to no sleep. I remember the only peace and quiet I got in the 12 weeks was the hour of firewatch a night, unless the DI's were patrolling around then you thought you might get jumped at any second. The best hour of firewatch was the hour before you wake up because you don't have to worry about getting dressed with everyone else :). There are many more memories but I don't feel like typing them all.

SYN CAVSCOUT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 1, 2013
Texas
best part for Basic with me since I did 19D OSUT out of Ft.Benning GA... was hmmmm between the NBC chamber and or the time when I got to see the Company XO Flip a Bradley.... toooooooo much funny for letting a wet behind the ears Lieutenant drive a Bradley threw the Motorpool... ahaha XD

and most of all the 25K Ruck march for the passing of the sabers.. HOOAH Cavalry forever!!!!

XGC NinjaSharts

Forum Nerd
Oct 1, 2011
Johnson Creek Wi
I went through basic in San Antonio for the Air Force and the best part was either breakfast or the gas chamber. I went into the gas chamber sick I came out blowing snot and after that the sickness was gone. I got out of the Air Force after a couple years decided I missed being in the military so I joined the Army and went to Fort Sill Oklahoma for a shortened basic since I was prior service and I must say after being in the Air Force Army life is garbage thinking its time to go back to my beloved Air Force

KoG Dayze2

Forum Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
I didn't join for the living conditions. I would have gladly joined the Army, my allergies however are the main reason I didn't go green. Still I'd the obsticle course during Warrior Week, was the best part.

SilverFang

Forum Tourist
Nov 11, 2013
Cadillac, Michigan
My favorite time at basic was when us at the 156 panther division at Fort Benning, GA pulled a prank on the 150th infantry and they taught us so much being side by side with them it was the best experince i ever had

XGC Kimber

Forum Star
Dec 29, 2013
FT Bragg NC
FT. Benning basic training. The funniest thing that happened was when the Drill Sergeant caught us messing with each others camelbacks by unscrewing them. The DS made us undo everyone's camelbacks and then go in the front leaning rest. They called it a waterfall. Good times.

XGC STEEL 7

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 23, 2013
Fort Wainwright, Alaska
10 years ago I went through Basic Training at Fort Benning, Ga. Charlie company 1-19. I was sitting here trying to think of an experience, but since its been so long ago its hardtop remember lol. I would think the best part was when Nappy Roots paid a visit. It was right when their album was dropping so it was pretty cool.

you die bang

Forum Noob
Jan 22, 2014
East prairie mo
Lets see i went to fort leonard wood a couple yrs ago for both bct and ait as my mos is a osut one and ive got to say my favorite part was the ftxs with the m51as shooting blanks out of saws and m240bs on "missions"

XGC DELTA DULU

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 15, 2012
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
My favorite part about BMT at Lackland was carrying a plastic rifle for two weeks, going to the range to test for marksman and being told it's too cold to shoot so here's your certificate. So basically I qualified on the M16 without squeezing the trigger! I swear, if I hadn't been around weapons before the AF I would have been in for 3 years so far without have firing a shot.