Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BASIC TRAINING. WAT WAS UR FAVORITE?

XGC BULLETHED

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 7, 2007
CINCINNATI
www.xiledgaming.com
I had basic at Fort Benning Ga and i really loved it all. But if i had to pick i would say the confidence course was my favorite. It taught you how to look at an obstacle and realize there is always away through. The most memorable to me was the skyscraper. I was one of the lucky ones to do it first with two drill seargants, where you have a four man crew with no ropes or ladders, and you scale a four story building. Nothing like pulling your drill seargant up a story by his belt loops while dangling off the side of a building. His life is in your hands, hard to imagine if you havent done it. The second one for me was the four story telephone pole ladder with the rope at the top that you must grapple the rope upside down and backwards and move to the next station. That was intense as well. I know my feet didnt want to leave the platform to get on the rope, shaky shaky, but it was awesome to finish it.

XGC Viinjence

Forum Nerd
Mar 19, 2008
Glendale, Az
I went to Lackland AFB in San Antonio and i had a blast. I think the whole experience was great. I wish it was longer than 6 1/2 weeks though. I am a Jet engine mechanic for the F-16. I kinda of wish i would of joined security forces instead of my boring job. I have 10 months to go and i'm out. I'm moving back home to Kansas and becoming a Wichita police officer. They make better money and have the same benefits.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Lackland was a blast, after graduation, everybody got on buses and planes to go to there tech school, I got to drive across the base, yay.... But it was the best, San Antonio was bomb. a big party. SF tech school was fun.

XGC FuLL Effect

Forum Nub
Sep 19, 2008
Long Island, NY
www.myspace.com
I went to fort benning georgia the best exp i had was when the drill sergeants left and we had to figure out something to do so we came up with rediculous games to keep ourselves occupied like bunching up a couple socks and tie tape around them and using a broom stick to play iraqi baseball or surfing on mattress down the killzone and crashing into one another yeah we get pretty bored but when soldiers are bored there minds run wild....

XGC On A Rope

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 13, 2008
Fort Hood, Texas
Well....I went to basic in Fort Sill, Ok.....and let me tell you....the worst place in the world i believe to go to any training. You would get all 4 seasons of the year in 1 day sometimes...Rain,snow,heat and then you would have that 10 mins of just perfect weather. But i am stationed up here at Fort Lewis, Wa. Its really not that bad, just rains a little too much here. Best part about basic is when you go to the ranges and watch the 17 and 18 year old think they are all great shooters and the when they go to shoot they freeze up or end up flagging someone and getting drop kicked to the ground...

KoG 33RD

XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
May 15, 2012
Ohio
BASIC TRAINING

Basic training

I went to Paris Island SC for Marine boot camp. I remember the flight down there and being picked up in the terminal by a Drill Instructor and being marched to a little room with 50 recruits packed into it. We all sat there reading Marine Corps knowledge as we waited for them to call us up one by one to make sure our paperwork was squared away. You could hear a pin drop in the room and the only noise coming from anyone was the turning of pages and the occasional scrape from the chair as a recruit went to the front to report in with his paperwork. I was prepared for it to be difficult. I knew I would be pushed to breaking point and even further while there. I went there being able to do 27 pull ups and a 3 mile run in roughly 20 min. I weighed 185 pounds and had been working out at the gym 3 years prior to leaving. I was in extraordinary shape and it proved worth while because I was able to beat most of my fellow recruits in physical fitness requirements. I was placed into 1074 which obviously belongs in 1st Battalion. My final pt day I weighed in at 145 pounds with a size 29 waist. I was only able to do 23 pull ups. I ran the 3 mile in 18:46. I received a 300 on the final physical fitness test which is a perfect score. I could have done anything physically that was asked. That was the best shape I have ever been in. My time in the Marine Corps was great and I was able to go to quite a few different countries. Boot camp isn't easy or fun but when your mind is made up your body will follow.

KoG 33RD

XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
May 15, 2012
Ohio
Yeah the rifle range wasn't so glorious for us. We spent a whole week in snap in, meaning sitting in a field with our empty rifles pointing at a white barrel. We would practice dry firing without the rifle moving at all. They would put us into the seated, kneeling, and standing positions for a half an hour a piece. After 2 minutes your body was numb with out proper circulation. You muscles and body ached terribly. We sat in those positions to A build muscle memory and B stretch our muscles out so each person could fire from them on the ranges. When we were at the range they yelled at us constantly and had a lot of stress put on us that we had to qualify or we would be sent back 4 weeks into another platoon. We shot from 200 the 300 and the 500 yard lines in various positions with different times to complete the shots in. Some were called rapid fire which meant 10 shots within 2 min. Other on the 500 yard line were 10 shots but in 10 minutes. If a shot was dropped you scored a zero. I shot expert by 3 points. Out of 80 Marines only 13 of us shot expert. The highest shooting platoon from the six within the series was awarded a platoon trophy. We shot in relays 3 days in a row. The 4th day was qualifying and the 5th was for those who didn't qualify.

The only fun time I had shooting a rifle was during our movement drills, shooting with gas masks, and night time fire on moving targets.

XGC GunNut

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 8, 2012
Portsmouth, VA
We got to go through 5 days of the laser pistol gun safety course. Then we had 1 day of shooting. Shot 1 shot of 12 gauge, and 1 clip of 9mm. That's why i said it was unfortunately the best time.

The 1 Mr E

Banned
Mar 29, 2010
California
The first time i went to basic my fav part was 2 days after graduation when I LEFT. The 2nd time i went to basic was the next day after graduation WHEN I LEFT!!!!!! lol

Dark Gaul

Forum Star
Nov 20, 2012
Wales, UK
I did my basic training at Pirbright Barracks near Aldershot and Guildford ish. I hated the 4am marathon runs in the middle of winter with nothing but a tshirt and shorts.... to quote the Staff Sergeant "It will be fun". I have still yet to work out how running around in shorts and tshirt at minus three degrees Celsius is fun.