Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BADGES FOR MILITARY MEMBERS

XGC Ezekiel

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 26, 2007
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA
www.myspace.com
Alright so where we have what clan were in and the red ring of the death badge, and all that stuff, maybe xiled design can create badges for Active, Reserve, and Retired members of the service. Just a little way to show that XG supports and repects the young menand women dedicating their lives to protect us.

MR FUUM FUUM

Carpel Tunnel
Feb 28, 2011
I am totally in support of this idea. also if its at all possible for the design team to make a badge for the soldiers that are over seas fighting for there lives, and for the husbands/wives children of those who gave there lives

XGC 1 Actual

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2010
Northern Kentucky
I Definitely support this idea and would be willing to help out or offer design ideas. I feel that each branch should have a distinct badge. Also, maybe a specific service.. Iraq/ Afghan War, Libya, Kosovo, etc..

I have put together an award program for my clan that I am trying to get support on. it uses Military Medals to award our members for specific jobs, services, acts.. Nothing to wild but maybe a collection website or page where they would be displayed showing service awards.

back to this idea, please keep me in the loop.
God Speed..

KoG Lion

Banned
Nov 17, 2009
Rio Linda CA
there is no way i can show some one my dd 214 because of sensitive info. i like the idea for the badges but why would you need them. if your in the military you realy can careless that other people know if your in the service. we do what we do cause we either have strong beliefs or we love our job.

XGC SleepyUrans

Forum Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
Alabama
i think a Promotion Warrant or a Award's medal Warrant frm what branch of service is the way to go it dosen't have any sensitive info on it and that would be the only thing i would show, if it was required

xl GhostFire lx

Forum Junkie
Jun 13, 2011
Personally, if one wishes to infer they are a veteran and really are not ...they need to live with their own conscience. One can tell by interacting if one has really been in. Little things, like knowing what 11b is or 89d, or 76m... the term "mos" or "ait" or "tdy" or "deros" little things give 'em away. They wouldn't even realize I already defined something.

This idea is a good idea, don't beat it with a stick that it doesn't take hold. After all, it's about the vet.

Service to our country can also be viewed as a citizen's obligation. Some are handicapped and could never be a vet, there are others whose job enables our country's survival also ... in these hearts they are every bit standing for the same goals and values. So, to compromise maybe a Citizen's badge. We fought for all... ....this is just a thought.

Last edited:

XGC 1 Actual

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Reference to showing your 214... If you copy the form.. which if you use it for applications etc. You have SEVERAL copies. Black out your SSN and other immediate personal stuff. I'd keep visible name, rank, service, EAS and Discharge type .. Thats all.. I understand the "sensitive" nature of SOME info.. however, I can attest from being in Military groups.. We see a ton of forged documents and it is consistent that a 214 is the hardest to forge, change, or alter without looking suspect.

Whoever runs this group, approves the badge etc.. Would have the right to view this document ONLY.. Its logistical stuff guys.. As stated before DONT hammer this to death. Its a special privilege to serve your country.. Its another shot to be proud and display it. For those who couldn't serve, I am sorry. On a personal note, I will say, because you couldn't serve I don't think it should be a limit or restriction to a "Veterans badge" as this forum/ post was originally about. We can always consider this, or you can show your support in your Signature.. The idea is NOT able thanking EVERYONE who supports, likes, or wanted to be Military.. Its for those, WHO DID serve. Those who HAD to go to bad places and see bad things.. TRUST ME, I am more than proud of my service and MOST of it I wouldn't give up. But there are things that have come through my life that I wouldn't wish on any person.. regardless of reason.

*** WITH THIS POST, I ask, for a call to vote (or whatever motion is needed), to get this to admin for approval or denial? So we can move on it or squash it.

I will be MORE than glad to help out with this usergroup or do whatever is needed. Thanks