Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XGC SORTIE DESIGN TEAM APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Sortie

Forum Star
Oct 31, 2016
1em9kvT.jpg

This didn't work out how I planned. But I learned about some tools that I didn't know about before.

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
1)XGC Sortie
2)Photoshop
3)1 Month
4)LT (XGC Velocity XK) No, It will not affect my ability to fill my requirements of being on the design team.​

Here is a link to a forum I started to get practice that has some signatures I have been working with http://www.xiledgaming.com/showthread.php?870901-Signature-Requests-By-XGC-Sortie

Welcome to the Design Application Area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge - if possible, or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

We would like to require productions from the >>TEST IMAGES FOR APPLICANTS THREAD<< that is provided above your app. This is intended so we may begin to see a start point and end result. Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you.

Please remember that all images must be in PNG or GIF format. Signatures are maximum 500x200 pixels and banners are 400x75 pixels.

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
Signature One Of Five
iZE08tf.jpg

Okay, so with the first one, its really plain in the background, and the text is really hard to read. So, id like for you to use this tutorial to fix that. When choosing text, try to find something that is easier to read. Remember: your focal point shouldn't be your text, it should be the render, so its okay if your text is small.

ELmLhE8.png

Last edited:

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
Signature Two Of Five
WjLA4b7.jpg

Now, with this one, its the complete opposite from the first. Where in the first, you had almost nothing going on; this one has way too much going on. I cannot tell where the focal point of the signature is... is it Daryl? Is it the Zombies in the background? Is it the zombie in the foreground? or is it the text?

So, id like for you to redo this one, but with this tutorial:
peqXuiL.jpg

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
Signature 3 of 5
enXkAcf.jpg

Now, with this one, you don't really have anything going on again. You used a stock image from the Test Images, but you only added a border, some text and a crab. I'm personally not a big fan of using stock images unless I'm using them for a background with some effects. So that's the next tutorial with the beach stock image we are going to do. But, id like you to use this render as well in the signature.

RENDER:
yRNKHvX.png

TUTORIAL:
4RN3uEc.png

Two things to definitely remember: All signatures are MAXIMUM 500 by 200 pixels; All signatures and banners MUST be in the PNG or GIF format, NOT JPEG.

XGC Sortie

Forum Star
Oct 31, 2016
I will admit I am having trouble making these directions translate into this render but here is what I have so far.
KEcARmF.jpg

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
Here it is. I think this is better.
9AH5QuU.jpg

Okay, GREAT. One last thing with the render. Its a little plain and not blending in very well. But this is an easy fix. Follow these instructions:
1: make sure you have the render layer selected.
2: Duplicate the render layer.
3: now click the original render layer
4: then go to FILTER > BLUR > GAUSSIAN BLUR
5: Put the Gaussian blur anywhere between 2 and 3
6: now go to the render copy layer
7: set the mode to overlay or screen, whichever you think looks better.
8: sharpen the render copy layer by going to FILTER > SHARPEN > SHARPEN.

Now you're still saving your sigs as JPEG. Remember, it NEEDS to be in PNG format. So, when you save it to your computer, save it as PNG.

This is a great first start with tutorials. Can't wait to see what you do with the other two tutorials for your first two signatures!

XGC Sortie

Forum Star
Oct 31, 2016
I9BYSYg.png

I am not sure if this changed much. To be clear the render is the focal point image correct? In this case the girls?

XGC Sortie

Forum Star
Oct 31, 2016
uAAD8LW.png

I changed this up but it doesn't even come close to the tutorial. Firstly, I can't seem to figure out how to get these grunge brushes to look even close. Any advise with those? Where do I get them? The brushes I tried didn't work.

Last edited:

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
uAAD8LW.png

I changed this up but it doesn't even come close to the tutorial. Firstly, I can't seem to figure out how to get these grunge brushes to look even close. Any advise with those? Where do I get them? The brushes I tried didn't work.

You have to find a grunge brush you like. Its all about your personal preference. Go to Deviantart.com (again) and search grunge brushes. You'll find hundreds of brushed to choose from. This is one I did a few weeks ago with the same tutorial; It doesn't look like the tutorial, but it had a decent turn out. This is another example of the focal point being the overall image, not text.

xTdq87u.png

Status
Not open for further replies.