Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XGC DMZ44 DESIGN APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
1) Gamertag and user name
XGC DMZ44
2) What type of program are you using?
Photoshop Elements (switching from gimp)
3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
With Photoshop, about two weeks, but with gimp about 3 years of off and on.
4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
I am in XGC Backfire ND as a Sgt. This will not effect my ability to fill the requirements.

Here are three examples of my work. I plan on working on some of the test images in the next couple of days.
*the first image was done on gimp a couple of years ago (i believe it is on my old application, that i had asked to be dropped in due to school.)

Last edited:

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
Here is another
PEKKA_zpszgv362zt.png

There are words on the blade, but it doesn't appear to be showing well now. it says "The way of the blade".

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
Here is another
PEKKA_zpszgv362zt.png

There are words on the blade, but it doesn't appear to be showing well now. it says "The way of the blade".

i see where you were going with this i like it. on the top of the signature looks like you forgot to cut something out. as for the text i didnt even see it until you said it was there lol but overall decent. can you try a tutorial for me please using this image:
maxresdefault.jpg

tut:
hl2_full_signature_tutorial_by_ineedfire.jpg

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
i see where you were going with this i like it. on the top of the signature looks like you forgot to cut something out. as for the text i didnt even see it until you said it was there lol but overall decent. can you try a tutorial for me please using this image:
The type of Photoshop I have isn't the latest and greatest, so while I am trying this, I am running into issues with what i can do. I have Photoshop Elements 14 where this Tut is for Photoshop CS2. I will try to find a tut on smudging for elements 14 and p.m. you the link to see if that will work instead.

NVM, I found out more neat stuff while surfing the web about elements. we'll see what i can do

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
maxresdefault.jpg
I hope i did alright with this, but it was a bit hard figuring out everything between the two programs differences (elements and cs2).

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
It seems to be slow in the application area these last few days, but i whipped something up quickly. Also, I did go back to the PEKKA sig and on the psd file and png file the gray block doesn't show up, so i don't know how it got there.

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
The type of Photoshop I have isn't the latest and greatest, so while I am trying this, I am running into issues with what i can do. I have Photoshop Elements 14 where this Tut is for Photoshop CS2. I will try to find a tut on smudging for elements 14 and p.m. you the link to see if that will work instead.

NVM, I found out more neat stuff while surfing the web about elements. we'll see what i can do

it doesnt matter what photoshop it is. they all have the same tools.

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
with that being said i like these new signatures. they need a little bit more of a flow but i can see what you where going with this

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
with that being said i like these new signatures. they need a little bit more of a flow but i can see what you where going with this
Ok, I'll try to find the tool settings that I missed then. Also, I plan on working on a few signs and an avatar this Thursday and Friday

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
Here is one that Whipped up very quickly. I plan on getting one or two more done today. I just want to double check, an avatar is a 150x150 pixel image.
Anime%20Girl_zpsbhjgqyrb.png

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
I like the concept you used but what made you choose to use the box brushing on the bottom left of the image?

I believe it was a crosshatch, I was applying the tutorial that iGnzo posted, but changing somethings by using things i learned while using gimp. The the idea of the "box" was from that tutorial. Right now, i cant really see the image (on wrong computer to pull file and i don't have my glasses on). The last images i posted was doing the same idea, but making changes to each one, from double focal to just exploring what Photoshop has to offer. For fun, I will make a sig out of one of my Father's pictures he takes of the local eagles in our area.

Last edited:

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio
Here is the Photo and the sig I made with it. I was playing around with the tools to see what they could do, but i dont think it turned out too bad (other than darkening the eagle too much, lol.) The photo was taken about 1/2 a mile away from the Suessy (the bald eagle).
eagle_zps439r78ii.jpeg

Eagle_zpswm2tqgae.png

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX
Here is the Photo and the sig I made with it. I was playing around with the tools to see what they could do, but i dont think it turned out too bad (other than darkening the eagle too much, lol.) The photo was taken about 1/2 a mile away from the Suessy (the bald eagle).
eagle_zps439r78ii.jpeg

Eagle_zpswm2tqgae.png
I like what you did there. Please fill the following request:
Text:XGC Touch XS
Theme:I would like for it to be a green dragon terrorizing a city.
Color:green,dark color theme

Status
Not open for further replies.