Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XGC COWBOYBEBOP APPLICATION

SYN AutoTeq

Forum Star
Mar 25, 2011
Granite City, Illinois, United States
1) GT = XGC CowboyBebop
2) Paint Shop Pro x5 (animation studio 3 for motion work)
3) 1+ years of tinkering (I have been actually working with sigs since 2011 and graphics earlier than that however there is lots of room for improvement)
4) I would prefer at this time to stay with my XGC family but may consider a transfer later down the road.

Alright The Important stuff is below.

SteamPunkTestImage_zps5ab0fea2.jpg

Animegirltestimage1_zps31bb34b9.jpg

WolfTestImage_zps2bf3dec5.jpg

Above are 3 images from the test images. The following below this point are other examples of my work.

KogDeadSilence_zpse9e5425f.gif

49ersMAJOR_zps59a4314f.jpg

CowboySig_zps5f0e1d7d.jpg

Thank you for looking, I know I have room for a lot of improvement but figured I would see what the design team had to say.

Bebop.....

Reactions: TheRealMrNUGGET

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com

XGC Bradshaw90

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 1, 2012
Indiana
Take what you learned and apply it to the test images and post some more :) I like to see what else you can do!

Im not sure about paint shop pro...but Gimp is free, you should download it and play around with it and see what you can do!

SYN AutoTeq

Forum Star
Mar 25, 2011
Gimp has a quarter of the functionality of PSP that's why I have always stuck with it. I just have never taken the time to watch tuts. or explore functionality. I'm a hands on learner so reading threads doesn't really help teach me I need more of a verbal explanation. I will work on the test images and let you decide if there is any improvement.

SYN AutoTeq

Forum Star
Mar 25, 2011
I will post my next images and decide from there if I will give gimpshop a try since so any people are pushing it. I'm holding out because I know editing is easier through those programs but I know the one I'm using has almost surpassed photographer and designer expectations in recent years.

XGC Bradshaw90

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 1, 2012
Indiana
Your doing good on getting the effects and the backgrounds. I would suggest matching the background with the render like the anime girl for exampl...I would have made the background a shade of orange or even take the blue from her collar and incorporated that. Most of your images looks like they have been copied and pasted on a different color background. If you find a back ground that matches, add the girl and blend around her so as to make it look like shes part of it...then add the fancy effects to the redt of the sig...I would also suggest using a gradiant tool on a different layer and pick a color to help blend it together then change the opacity down low on it. Just my personal opinion...im sure the other designers might have some better input on this. Just keep up the good work and continue playing around with the effects :)

SYN AutoTeq

Forum Star
Mar 25, 2011
Your doing good on getting the effects and the backgrounds. I would suggest matching the background with the render like the anime girl for exampl...I would have made the background a shade of orange or even take the blue from her collar and incorporated that. Most of your images looks like they have been copied and pasted on a different color background. If you find a back ground that matches, add the girl and blend around her so as to make it look like shes part of it...then add the fancy effects to the redt of the sig...I would also suggest using a gradiant tool on a different layer and pick a color to help blend it together then change the opacity down low on it. Just my personal opinion...im sure the other designers might have some better input on this. Just keep up the good work and continue playing around with the effects :)

Hey man, Thank you very much on your input on my last image with the girl. I'm going to go ahead and work on her some more I think and see if I can improve. How about the other images I posted up there today.

XGC TOMMYGUN XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC ITALIANS ARMY
Dec 12, 2006
Hesperia, Ca
Its a good start......but definitely seems unfinished!! It needs more!! also you have a lot of blurring in your work which is really hard on the eyes. A little bit of blurring here and there is good for depth but there is way too much in these!! and you should never have to blur text, text should always be subtle but readable, and trying to read blurred text is very harsh on the eyes!! You are of to a great start, keep practicing and hope this info helps!! Great Job!!

SYN AutoTeq

Forum Star
Mar 25, 2011
Its a good start......but definitely seems unfinished!! It needs more!! also you have a lot of blurring in your work which is really hard on the eyes. A little bit of blurring here and there is good for depth but there is way too much in these!! and you should never have to blur text, text should always be subtle but readable, and trying to read blurred text is very harsh on the eyes!! You are of to a great start, keep practicing and hope this info helps!! Great Job!!

Thank You, it does help I will try to implement more into my next attempt.