Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHY DO ALL TESE OTHER CLANS COMPARE THEIR RANKS TO MILITARY HOW DEMEANING IS THIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC RIFL3

Forum Junkie
Dec 23, 2011
Kentucky

Demeaning to you, the military, themselves or others? It's all opinion. How demeaning depends on what they say & how you take and deal with it.

As to the why, I believe most enjoy the mere thought of being a soldier. The power, sport, and prestige, whether it's being a Super soldier(fiction), being a (real life) career soldier, and everything between.

If they're delusional, arrogant, misinformed, guessing or plain lying, you can press them, inform them, let them be themselves, mute or ignore them, leave altogether, try to change the subject, or feed their ego. Sincere or not.

Doing anything else would likely be unreasonable.

Using military values in a clan, team, guild, squad or whatever is fine by my standards but I'm no soldier. However, if you don't adapt them to the games, the people playing them, and the forms of communication being used, you're going to have a bad time.(AKA Fail)
If you're too serious, or negative, see above.

As to those, who say they are great at CoD and think you want or should join up, either you:

Join up cold turkey style, & learn as you go.

Learn up, get fit, study, keep a busy schedule, a job, a sport, all in preparation to join up.

Shut up, you're just saying it to get a reaction. You already made up your mind.

The armed forces should weed out anyone who's unfit, and I wouldn't judge anyone to be unfit, it's not my job.

I think that covers a lot. Let me know what you think everyone.

I know the Army has a weed out program in Basic Training called RED PHASE, its like the first 3-4 weeks in basic training. Alot of people(when i went through basic training) fell out or as you would say it Quit because they couldnt handle it. I know now the "New" Army as i call it has got less strict in RED PHASE and now offer time out card or to much card.(Something along those lines.)
I think it's a great idea to use military values/ethos in a clan, for me it makes the clan more strong and loyal to each other and depend on each other as well , letting the clan know that its not about them its about the Clan as a whole that it doesnt matter if one person talks funny or of a different race/sex its about the Clan. Just like in the Army we dont see race just Green.
Oh and i think there are "Super" Soldiers just depends on your opinion what a Super Soldier is. My opinion is, a Brother(Soldier) who gave the ultimate sacrifice, To me they are the ones who are Super Soldiers and deserves the title Super Soldierl.
Well thats my two cents lol.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
I'd assumed a lot of what you said from previous observation, but did not know the lingo or details.

As for the super soldiers thing, I was drawing on realistic thoughts vs. less realistic.

Never the less, your opinion sounds good to me.

Here's an interesting show I found. It doesn't deter me from trying to join up, but it shows some of what you must be able to perform, & endure in some roles as a soldier.

http://dsc.discovery.com/show-news/soldiers-risk-their-lives-on-heroes-of-hells-highway.html

Here's a fair place to study up on some tasks.

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/SMCT_CTT_Tasks/index.shtml

I wonder what if any, I'll be able to adapt for gaming. They're definitively useful for role play. Making videos, helping practice for the real thing, a test, or just having fun. (learning)

XGC BOMBTEK193

Forum Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
Gadsden, AL
Having been downrange twice, last time was OEF 2011, I dont try and explain my experiences with anyone. Either you have been downrange or not. If you have you know what Im talking about. It is an honor to serve!

Status
Not open for further replies.