Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHY DO ALL TESE OTHER CLANS COMPARE THEIR RANKS TO MILITARY HOW DEMEANING IS THIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoG Turok

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 6, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
as a person who did my 4 years in the army m.o.s. 11 xray i feel like some people take this way to serious its just a game if you every had a battle buddy are was taught true urban war tactics you would die more in video games an such because that not the way warfare is fought no one in real life runs an guns it, you dont respawn,you cant switch spawns to get an advantage,there is no final stand, and you have no perks. I envy anyone with a great k/d but that doesnt matter in real life dont brag to a vet in a lobby how beast you are when you have never walked in my shoes

XGC GunNut

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 8, 2012
Portsmouth, VA
i agree, my favorite excuse is "that is how it is done in real war". While i have never been over to iraq or afghanistan (i have been trying to augment in the NAVY since 2007) I know that most of these "internet bada**es" have never even thought about the military....It is just frustrating!!!

XGC Wasted

Forum Veteran
Aug 28, 2012
Ringgold GA
As a combat engineer I get anoyed at every person on the internet that thinks they are the second coming of Patton. I don't care how great you are at a video game and how you think you know about explosives until you spend a day as a sapper i don't need you advice. I know what I will be doing on my upcoming deployment and it will be staying alive because I know real tactics not gaming tactics. rant over, for now.

KoG Turok

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 6, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
agreed the first thing i would stress to any gamer who is thanking about enlistment in any branch is to forget about everything any they learned from video games the only thing you should be aware of on the battlefield is the buddy system cause there are no respawns,no care packages,and thats the reality of it

KoG Turok

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 6, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
just because im in a clan an ive played Cod that doesnt give my the right to prance around like my poop dont smell, and tell other kids im better than them cause i got rank! the rank structure in community gaming is there to show respect and to help with the recruiting process. teaching the ranks below you responsiblity and mentoring them thats how i think ranks should be earned in a gaming community. im not the best gamer around but im willing to take the time to teach others to be respectable and to be a friend they can talk to

jracer81

Forum Veteran
Aug 5, 2012
indiana
ive never been to iraq or afgan either but i see where you coming from man and i understand you. i was in the navy i went in as a EOD dry. and they cought my asthasma and i was almost though basic. so i dont know what its like over there. and those men and women who has been there or is there thats what im proud for in our country not the pencil pushers behind a desk getting paid way to much for doing way to little the real pay checks should be the utmost respect to vets and the number of people still in the military who have defended us in the time in war and out of war. so a salute from a civilian to a vet or active duty/ reserve go out now

Dark Gaul

Forum Star
Nov 20, 2012
Wales, UK
I was in the Royal Engineers where I spent the better part of 8.5 years of my life and in that time I worked with the US Army Corp of Engineers particularly during Operation Telic Phase II and on many other occasions.

But through this experience of which I was very proud to serve my Queen and Her Country I did it with the knowing that I wanted my son and my family to grow up in a safer world and to never have to face the terrors or see the evil's that I have seen in my life.

For gaming clans online to become deeply militarized in order to bring order to their clan and gaming experiences is quite frankly and affront to myself and all others who are ex-servicemen and active servicemen. !

Also as a side note if any of you that have walked a mile in my shoes and done time in the armed forces feel free to add me so that we can share memories... GT: Dark Gaul

Iriaphos

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2011
Dayton, TN
The only thing you have in war is your gun and your squad. There is no oh I'll go solo. You rely on each other and watch each others back. There is no respawn. You can't go prone and dodge a Betty. Health don't regenerate. . I can't stand anyone who plays games and thinks they know what we go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.