Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO DO MLG?

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Shredda, I thought I would respond a little to some of your thoughts, concerns and so on in an effort to help you understand a little better why XG is the way it is.

In the beginning there was a PRO team which went to events and the Council helped cover expenses but as with all things it went wrong as those gamers got big heads and eventually dump the community for some other venture.

After that, many versions of Elites have spawned over time and then of course ClanCompete came around and well, 9 years later from it's creation people are still saying the exact same things ever few months. Your posts could be almost identical words hundreds or more other people over time that have been part of the community. I am not saying that's bad nor saying your posts were bad.

I too have asked the same questions several times myself.
I have also been one to answer those questions from others so I have a lot of experience on this topic.

So, why doesn't XG have a competitive team?
That really isn't the right question as I can tell you for sure, there are PRO caliber players in this community already. Some play together and others play with teams outside the community.

As Smoke said, he has Youtube, Twitch and so on. He also said he plays or would play on multiple competitive sites.
This brings me to one very important point, those that are serious about being competitive already do it and do not need XG to create anything for them.
That further brings me to the most important aspect of what XG is.
It is a Gaming Community in which you create your own experience.

The Council members that started this community did so as a basis for all type of gamers but they did so with a focus on the core foundation of COMMUNITY as a whole not just a specific style of gamer.

Yes, they don't have things like some of these other smaller communities with their sponsors and fancy websites and so on but that doesn't mean they don't fully care about competitive gamers. It isn't at the top of their priority list for the community and of course, they are causal gamers themselves. Some are very good gamers and if they didn't have real jobs and life to deal with, they could probably be PRO gamers but that's not why they created this community.

You are correct in some of the things you mentioned about the Council but I would caution you a little in beating them up for not seeking sponsors or building you are competitive site to compete on or helping you create a youtube channel and so on.

That's up to you to create.

And it's up to you to form your team and show that you are serious about being competitive as well as actually perform in matches.

There is no one telling you that you can not represent your clan when it comes to the competitive arena.

There is a fine line though as to using the XG name and representing yourself as say some type of professional person in the legal entity that Xiled Gaming Company is so yes if you would want to do some specific things you would have to get the approval of the Council. They can either support you or tell you no. If competitive gaming was your passion and they said no to using their name as part of your team then you have a decision to make.

Those that know me know I spent many months trying very hard to get the Council to upgrade the website, push merchandise, build teams on the competitive platforms and lots more. Some of the things were allowed and others were put on hold for later discussions. Again, it's about priorities and what the core community is about versus what a few individual want or feel is best for the community as a whole.

I can also tell you that most of the time those pushing for stuff like this were usually just blowing smoke. (sorry smoke. nothing negative towards you).
They either just were not half as good as they thought they were or just to lazy to put in the work to make something of it.

XG surely wouldn't want their name on such failed ventures as like I said, that's already been done several times.

What is needed to make this or anything successful for this community is dedicated people that are willing to commit to helping others by setting the example.

Sounds like to me, Smoke would be a good start for discussion a plan of attack for organizing the more competitive gamers in the community. Whether that is governed by the leaders of the XG Elites or simply building groups where competitive gamers network with each other, it's really up to you and anyone else that wishes to participate in such a thing.

By the way, just because you don't hear about XG going to tournaments doesn't mean they don't do it. There were many XG members who went to MLG events all the time and probably still are.

If you are wanting it to be another OPTIC, that may never ever happen. I say may as it isn't impossible to have something similar within this community but it would not ever replace what is already here.

I hope that makes sense.

Feel free to hit me up via private chat or even on the box if you want to discuss further.

Reserved

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 31, 2012
Jackson,Mi
You make a very good point hylander. I have the dedication I'm just not good enough to be on a competitive team but I'd love to learn new ways of play if someone is willing to teach me.

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Ok Hylander so oI respect your opinion but first off allot of your statements that you're trying to help me understand were not made by me yes I did talk about how the council has control and they aren't doing anything but it isn't bashing i'm speaking the truth. Everything that has come off my keyboard is merely what I SEE! I don't know whats going on with the council and probably won't ever will til they make it known. Also I didn't make this thread, my responses were merely from what I was told nothing more nothing less. But my last responses were not about the community specifically but what is needed in order to achieve OpTic Gaming level, the responses you posted were the exact same thing I said just worded differently. This is not knocking what you said but only targeting in me to "educate" me on what XG is is not something I take lightly especially for something I only responded to not created. But check out my latest thread post in Welcome to Xiled Gaming and you'll see that I definitely do understand everything you posted just not as long.

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Lol Nothing was started bro, I have no ill will towards Hylander and do hope to game with him in the future but I will defend myself even if no harm is meant.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
It's an open discussion both ways or atleast I hope such so there is or should not be any hostility between us so no worries.
You can relax as well Reserved. LOL.

Shredda,
Like I said, I have talked to many people that have said all the same things you are saying. The number one thing that causes this is different expectations and ones perception based on those expectations.

You have said a few times now you don't think the Council is doing anything. What I think you mean to say is, they are not doing what you feel they should be doing in order to be like some smaller gaming groups out there as surely you don't mean to call out the Council of the community you are in on a public forum and say they don't do anything at all.

XG has been around for 9 years now and for what it is -- an online gaming community-- is doing just fine. It has one of the biggest if not the biggest Forum related to Gaming on the internet. The reason people may not be on it talking MLG is because they choose not to do such. Also, the people getting recruited into the community are not MLG players. They are normal causal gamers that want to be part of a community of other gamers.

XG wouldn't still be here if the Council and many others did nothing at all.

You may have missed part of what I said about the Council not being responsible for your experience in the community. That's up to you. They don't need to create anything else for anyone unless they choose to so telling them they need to do this or that won't do anything but cause friction.

Do they listen to others suggestions and opinions?
Believe it or not, they do. They read the forums and chat with people daily.
Do they jump on every little thing?
Nope.
Do they move quickly on good ideas that they know will better the community?
Nope.
The reason why is they prefer to discuss things in detail before making any decisions that impact the community.

I can tell you from experience that there was a time when the leaders of this community (me included) spent the majority of our time sitting in lobbies dealing with issues and discussing everything and anything pertaining to the community versus playing video games.

Sunday meetings would sometimes last for 6 to 8 hours with most of us having to get up early for work Monday morning.

Trust me, the Council does way more than you know and cares way more then you think. I say again, 9 plus years and still going. If they didn't, it would have shutdown long ago.

The issue is, what they want for the community and what others think they should want are usually way different.
Telling them what they should be doing while saying they don't do anything isn't real cool.

You saying something like this -- "But my last responses were not about the community specifically but what is needed in order to achieve OpTic Gaming level" Is just your opinion of how you think things should be done.

That's fine but who are you to tell the Council how they should run their community?
Don't you think they have heard this a few times and considered it already?

I am not going to go work at Burger King and tell them they have to start making burgers differently to get to Mcdonald's status.

The overall point is, the Council doesn't really aspire to be like Optic. If they did, they would already have done that years ago.
Anyone can be like Optic or any other group out there. It doesn't take much if you get the right people that all want that same thing.

I said it before, YOU could build your own Optic like clan in the XG community using the structure provided to you if that's what you want to do.

As a final thought, at some point you may have to come to the realization that, maybe the Council just don't want to be like Optic and that will never be how things are here at XG.

Of course, that is unless You or someone else decide to actually create such a thing within XG that goes further than those that have done the same in the past.

KoG Smoke

XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG FRICTION
Oct 13, 2013
West Virginia University
www.youtube.com
Reserve- I will teach you and "take you under my wing". Just hit me up sometime.

Hylander- Well said old friend. I am more than willing to create another team inside XG instead of reaching outside to get other people.

Shredda- I hear you loud and clear bro. Hit me up with your ideas.

ANYONE ELSE- If you are a competitive player or someone who wants to learn to play CoD: Ghosts PLEASE MESSAGE ME! I will help/play with ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

XGC Sneaky

Carpel Tunnel
Aug 20, 2012
NY
www.youtube.com
Reserve- I will teach you and "take you under my wing". Just hit me up sometime.

Hylander- Well said old friend. I am more than willing to create another team inside XG instead of reaching outside to get other people.

Shredda- I hear you loud and clear bro. Hit me up with your ideas.

ANYONE ELSE- If you are a competitive player or someone who wants to learn to play CoD: Ghosts PLEASE MESSAGE ME! I will help/play with ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke we need to game, I sent you a fr and I have applied to the elites. Reserved knows my skills and I would really like to get a mlg/gb xgc team in the works. Like reserved said we have more than enough great gamers in xgc, but also like someone else said you have to live, breath, and poop gaming.Which I agree with but then we also need someone to "manage" the team someone that will set up matches ect. for one I think reserved would be better at that because he managed the clan compete team before and he did a good job of setting up matches and making sure the site/ team was up to date. if we had players that could be there and make it happen and someone to manage the team I feel that it would be a good start.

Reserved

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 31, 2012
Jackson,Mi
That's a good idea sneaky. I'd be willing to do that, like I said I'm not that good but I can put my efforts into setting up matches and stuff.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Indeed...

I've seen some good points, but I'd like to talk hypothetically, how and what kind of effort may be used to accomplish an MLG team.

Assuming we want conditions that provide the best chance of success, we'll need active skilled roles uninterrupted by the woes of everyday life.

The roles include but are not limited to:

Supporter - Players and observers that donate their time and/or money to help any role.

Participant - Players that are most able and willing.

Leader - Directs roles and sets the plan. Does whatever it takes to get it done the best way.

Creator and editor - Gives an image to the team. Attracts supporters. May also help point out good habits and bad habits and such.

Creating an environment for yourself to play your game is vitally important. The champion is forged in fire, not in a vacuum. You need physical access to the game and access to a variety of opponents. It helps greatly to have friends who are players of the same game or to make friends who play it. If you truly walk the path of the champion, you will eventually find yourself closely involved with the community of players who play your game. The sooner you can become connected to this community, the better. They have a great deal of knowledge about the game and about tournaments and events surrounding it. You will find keepers of secret knowledge about your game, and you will find the very best players of the game as you approach the inner circles of the game’s community.

To avoid many distractions, you'll need money, support from your family, friends, and roommates. You'll also need a strict routine schedule that keeps you in the best shape. Thus you shouldn't rush to the soonest, nearest MLG event and expect to win. Instead, Build on what you have so that later you can forge yourself and your team into something that plays at the highest level.

That means you better start taking on as many jobs, and hours you can building a nest egg, a local support structure, and any form of a Kickstarter page to have a place where you can sell you or your team as a project and display your work and anything else to sell it. Anyway you can earn money, equipment, software or knowledge is worthwhile.

This' an early game strategy, and gaming should be play one good game and get off, back to work, or prepare to sleep your best. Deal with some hard work now, figure out how to overcome anything standing in your way, and don't break yourself doing it.

Compiling all information, or delegating someone else to do it for you and others to review will focus everyone to make goals.

When, where, and how to participate in MLG is key to let everyone know all in one place to gain support, new participants, and motivation to make the trip when you may.

Building your life around any game is arguably a mistake, but I’ll pretend to ignore that point, as it sure helps when it comes to winning.

It's very useful to watch expert players play each other (either in person or from recordings), but playing against them directly maybe overwhelming; it depends how proficient you are in your basics. Watching expert or intermediate players will also reveal “bread and butter” tactics that you will need to learn, and probably a lot of other things that are over your head for now.

Once you have done the above and understand the basics of the game, the next task is to learn a few “bread and butter” tactics of your own. You should learn effective, easy to execute sequences of moves that give you a shot at winning. The goal isn't to develop new sequences that have never before been seen; the goal is to be effective. When an opponent plays extremely poorly, you should at least have some idea about what you are supposed to do to seize the game from him. There may be different “bread and butter” tactics to move you toward winning and to actually seal the game with a win. Also depending on the game, you may need to practice executing these tactics outside of the chaos of a real game. If even the basic tactics require a great deal of practice, then attempt to develop these skills as quickly as possible in a controlled environment. Execute them faster, and faster until you can't go faster, and you can repeat in consecutively without fail. Do not dwell too long on isolated, laboratory practicing at this point though, because you need to dive into real games.

I know some players who wish to play only against expert players. I personally prefer to play against average and poor players for a bit, as a way to hone my skills of attacking efficiently. I think the important thing is simply to play as much as possible, regardless of the skill of your opponents. Familiarization with the game is paramount.

When you do play against experts, they will probably beat you badly. Playing them will teach you what not to do. Do this, and they punish you horribly. Do that, and the game is lost. Playing them will teach you which moves are “unsafe” or “terrible,” and you must learn to make fewer and fewer of these moves that will lose you the game. Of course, if all you do is remove moves from your repertoire, you are playing a safer game that is less likely to be lost at any moment, but you also must make moves to win! You should be making good progress on not losing so quickly when you play these experts, but how can you learn to win? Watch what the experts do to you. They are likely extremely efficient at stealing a game. When you make a mistake, watch exactly how they punish you. Watch exactly which sequence they use to end the game.

Again, some of my friends swear by only playing against experts, and there is surely much to be learned from that. But once you have learned how the experts win, it can be very difficult to practice those maneuvers against them. The opportunity to exercise your winning muscles will show itself only rarely. It is at this point that I prefer to play against weaker players. The weaker players will present plenty of opportunities for you to practice your endgame skills. You can try variations on your attack patterns all day on them. You can hone your skills at ending a game. Often, attacking patterns will leave you vulnerable, so practice until your attack sequences leave no gaps of vulnerability. You won’t truly know if you've accomplished this until you play against the experts later, though.

The idea is to use the beginners as a way to get an extraordinary amount of practice in the tactics that win the game in a short amount of time. The experts rarely allow such situations to arise, but when they do, you will need to capitalize on them professionally. When the opponent makes a fatal mistake, you need to be able to confidently take control of the game and win it. This act must be natural, something you've done a thousand times before. When the rare opportunity to win presents itself while playing the expert, you shouldn't have to think “I’m pretty sure I can win this in theory. The textbooks say I should do X.” You should take control of the game simply, quickly, and instinctively, just as you have done countless times against the beginners.

The experts keep you honest. They remind you, “That was not a safe move. You cannot trick me with that. That will not stop my advances.” The expert also teaches you how to win, but presents only very few opportunities to practice winning. The beginner, on the other hand, will let you practice winning until it’s second nature. At that time, you must return to the experts.

There will soon come a time when beginners and even intermediate players are of very little use to you. They do not know how to punish your mistakes properly, so you can develop bad habits. They fall for tricks that are not “real,” meaning that experts would never fall from them. And perhaps worst of all, they often defeat themselves. If you play safely for long enough against beginners or intermediates, they are likely to eventually make a mistake that gives you the win. It might teach you that long, drawn-out conservative play is the road to victory. But what will you do when the expert never hands you the game? What if the opponent is good enough that you must actively beat him rather than wait for him to beat himself? This is why you must focus all of your attention on playing experts when you are ready.

So good luck and have fun!

Reactions: XGC HYLANDER XC

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Ok so after reading like a lil over a half of the novel, from the looks of what i read this is more of a guide then what the title of this forum says. Not knocking what you wrote but this was more a discussion about why Xiled Gaming isn't doing mlg not how to become, and the above explanation was just a "my version" of what's needed to go pro. But it was also in response to what someone wrote but i do agree with what you wrote just think you took a left when you should've taken that right at the last light.

Reserved

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 31, 2012
Jackson,Mi
We'll like numerous said were more then welcome to start up our own team, so we should just do that. Just if we wanted to use the Xiled name we'd have to get counsel approval. Which is completely understandable because it's their community.