Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT OCTOBER BETA INCLUDES COMPANION APP INTEGRATION

CAPOS SNOW

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2006
THE YAY AREA
XB1 BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE GAMES AS OF FEB 29TH 2016

xbox-one-backwards-compatibility.jpg

If you do not see your game don't worry. Microsoft is trying to hook you up. Way back in November they started talking to developers to bring their games to the xb1. So if you get mad at anyone for your game not being here get mad at the developers not Microsoft!

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Lineup (As of February 29, 2016):

A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Aegis Wing
Age of Booty
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Alien Hominid HD
Assassin's Creed II
Asteroids & Deluxe
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n Bolts
Banjo Tooie
Banjo Kazooie
BattleBlock Theater
Bejeweled 2
Bellator: MMA Onslaught
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Blood of the Werewolf
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Borderlands
Braid
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Carcassonne
Castle Crashers
Castlestorm
Centipede & Millipede
Condemned
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Crazy Taxi
Dark Souls
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
Defense Grid
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dirt 3
Dirt Showdown
Discs of Tron
Doom
Doom II
Doritos Crash Course
Dungeon Siege III
Earthworm Jim HD
Fable II
Fable III
Fallout 3
Feeding Frenzy
Feeding Frenzy 2
Galaga
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War: Judgment
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Golden Axe
Halo: Reach
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Heavy Weapon
Hexic HD
Hydro Thunder
Ikaruga
Iron Brigade
Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
Jetpac Refuelled
Joy Ride Turbo
Just Cause 2
Kameo
Kane & Lynch 2
Lego Batman
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Lode Runner
Lumines Live!
Mass Effect
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Mirror’s Edge
Missile Command
Monday Night Combat
Monkey Island: SE
Monkey Island 2: SE
Motocross Madness
Ms. Splosion Man
Ms Pac-Man
Mutant Blobs Attack
N+
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
Nights Into Dreams
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Pac-Man C.E
Pac-man CE DX+
Peggle
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Pinball FX
Plants vs. Zombies
Portal: Still Alive
Prince of Persia
Putty Squad
Rayman 3 HD
R-Type Dimensions
Sacred 3
Sacred Citadel
Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space
Sam & Max Save the World
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Shadow Complex
Skullgirls
Small Arms
Sonic CD
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Soulcalibur
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Space Giraffe
Spelunky
Splosion Man
Super Meat Boy
Supreme Commander 2
Ticket to Ride
TC's RainbowSix Vegas
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas2
Torchlight
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers Cold War
Trials HD
Tron: Evolution
Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Wolfenstein 3D
ZZuma
Zuma's Revenge!

CAPOS SNOW

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2006
THE YAY AREA
PHIL SPENCER SIGNALS XB1 HARDWARE UPGRADES

XBOX_EVENT_0447.0.JPG

By Colin Campbell @colincampbellx

During his Xbox Spring Showcase event keynote last week, Microsoft's head of Xbox Phil Spencer talked about future of "hardware innovation" for the console, similar to the ways PCs evolve.

In a speech to reporters, he said that the Xbox One could see a future in which it is upgraded, rather than replaced by new consoles. Spencer was talking about how Microsoft has sought to align its Windows 10 and Xbox One development activities under the internal "Universal Windows Platform" while offering backwards compatibility for many Xbox 360 games, now playable on Xbox One. He was addressing the concerns of some Xbox One owners that the exclusives destined for that console are appearing on PC, thus eroding the value of owning a console.

"YOU'LL ACTUALLY SEE US COME OUT WITH NEW HARDWARE CAPABILITY DURING A GENERATION."

But he went much further than merely outlining internal strategies for cross-platform efficiency. He argued that consoles could and should be upgradeable, like PCs, and that the model of generation shifts may be coming to an end.

"We see on other platforms whether it be mobile or PC that you get a continuous innovation that you rarely see on console," he said. "Consoles lock the hardware and the software platforms together at the beginning of the generation. Then you ride the generation out for seven or so years, while other ecosystems are getting better, faster, stronger. And then you wait for the next big step function.

"When you look at the console space, I believe we will see more hardware innovation in the console space than we've ever seen. You'll actually see us come out with new hardware capability during a generation allowing the same games to run backward and forward compatible because we have a Universal Windows Application running on top of the Universal Windows Platform that allows us to focus more and more on hardware innovation without invalidating the games that run on that platform."

Spencer said that Xbox One owners could be offered optional hardware upgrades in the future, that allows the console to keep up with emerging and competing technologies. Such a move would also suggest an end for new console launches.

"I BELIEVE WE WILL SEE MORE HARDWARE INNOVATION IN THE CONSOLE SPACE THAN WE'VE EVER SEEN."

"We can effectively feel a little bit more like we see on PC, where I can still go back and run my old Doom and Quake games that I used to play years ago but I can still see the best 4K games come out and my library is always with me. Hardware innovation continues while the software innovation is able to take advantage and I don't have to jump a generation and lose everything that I played on before."

It's an extraordinary suggestion. Unfortunately, he wasn't prepared to go into any more details. In an interview later in the day, Polygon asked him to be more specific about what exactly he had meant. Spencer replied that he did not want to "announce our road map for hardware," and would not give any details. But what he did say is definitely worth hearing. Here's the full transcript of his reply:

"We look at these other ecosystems out there like mobile, tablet and PC and we see that they have a very continuous evolution cycle in hardware, whereas between console generations most of the evolution is making it cheaper and potentially making it smaller.

Both are meaningful but don't make the games play any better. If you look at PC specifically and see the evolution that happens there, there's no reason why console can't ride that same curve.

I look at the ecosystem that a console sits in and I think that it should have the capability of more iteration on hardware capability. Sony is doing this with VR and adding VR capabilities mid-cycle to the PlayStation 4 and they are doing that by adding another box. I don't mean that as a negative. But it's not changing what the core console is about.

For consoles in general it's more important now than it's ever been, because you have so many of these other platforms that are around. It used to be that when you bought your console you were way ahead of the price performance curve by so much, relative to a PC. But now PCs are inexpensive and your phones are getting more and more capable.

I still think a console is the best price to performance deal that is out there but when you look at the evolution ... I'm not going to announce our road map for hardware ... but what I wanted to say on stage for people when they see this vision of ours and question our commitment to console I want to make sure that people see that what we are doing enables us to be more committed to what consoles are about than we've ever been and innovate more consistently than we ever have. That's the key for me."

XGC x0 0 7x XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
SYN XILED KINGS
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
A, A
www.xiledgaming.com
This sounds fairly personal lol. Definitely not the first post by 007 that contains many personal jabs and opinions, and absolutely not the first person he has kicked without a vote. Seems like there is a pattern. Oh well, good thing everyone likes me I guess haha. I'd hate to get on anyones radar like this.

You just did! Lmao

lol show me where I need a vote to kick anyone?????? I'll wait.......

Nothing personal. This was all business. He was bad for business. Every "jab" was a mistake made by a bad leader. None are opinions either. All were facts. Ask anyone. Or ask no one. Just know what you're talking about first.

NGC FxValis

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 23, 2011
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
How much longer does this need to remain on the main wall/homepage?

I'm not questioning anything that occurred....I didn't know the people involved or the any details of the situation. It appears it was handled swiftly....great!

I think this thread had usefulness when it first occurred to inform those affected or close to the situation what happened and minimize rumors and reduce the load on Leadership to re-hash the details every time someone asked.

But now....this is just a big black scar welcoming all of us every day we log in. And more importantly every new recruit is being exposed to dirty laundry that at this point appears to be done and gone.

In my opinion this should be removed and tucked away where such threads should be stored...

respectfully,
XGC Blindfire

That one way to look at it XGC Blindfire..

Or you can look at it as a continuous reminder, that the leaders Will hold everyone accountable..

The point is XI vote yes but when push comes to shove, they have the ability to act in the communities best intrest. If they didn't, and they were limited, then whats the point to be the Council?

One person leaving the community will never hurt the community too bad, BUT that same one person staying could..

There is nothing about this situation that even made me blink an eye.

XI voting on major community matters is extremely important, absolutely, but the removal of any member is not of major importance.

Like everyone else this is one mans views. I think it should stay up..

XGC DarkFeNiX

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Seattle, Wa
You just did! Lmao

Nothing personal. This was all business. He was bad for business. Every "jab" was a mistake made by a bad leader. None are opinions either. All were facts. Ask anyone. Or ask no one. Just know what you're talking about first.

Oh Boss man is lurking! Quick everyone hide! Lol

XGC DarkFeNiX

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Seattle, Wa
That one way to look at it XGC Blindfire..

Or you can look at it as a continuous reminder, that the leaders Will hold everyone accountable..

The point is XI vote yes but when push comes to shove, they have the ability to act in the communities best intrest. If they didn't, and they were limited, then whats the point to be the Council?

One person leaving the community will never hurt the community too bad, BUT that same one person staying could..

There is nothing about this situation that even made me blink an eye.

XI voting on major community matters is extremely important, absolutely, but the removal of any member is not of major importance.

Like everyone else this is one mans views. I think it should stay up..

Eh still dirty laundry we might not want potentials to be seeing. It really only applies to say 5-7% of the community but keeping this post up makes it apply to everyone and not necessarily in a positive light.

XGC Urahara

Forum Star
Mar 13, 2012
You just did! Lmao

Let me start off by saying, its best to watch your smart mouth son, wouldnt want it bringing more trouble than you're used to with these idiot leaders that you kick. Ive been with XG for years and seen all the dirty laundry aired. Seen people being kicked for stating opinions, people demoted because of personal biased, people promoted because of their gender (I think we all remember that big debate, and all the screenshots ;)). You are by FAR the most disrespectful, childish, immature, boy of a leader I've ever had the disprivilege of being under. Ive been here, and been loyal for years, but no you people are telling me that this KID can kick people with no say, no hard evidence, just his word and a few others? You people might as well vote for Trump if thats how you want things ran. This community used to be about values, friendship, morals, and fun. After all, at the end of the day, its just a game. 007 in the recent years has destroyed any values this community may have had. People back him blindly because they are worried about getting kicked out, me personally, idgaf. The friends I have in XG will game with no no matter what and you cant stop that, so ****ing try me kid lmao. Im not afraid of you little boy, and Ill air your dirty laundry all day, After all, you honestly think only ONE person had the screenshots of everyone telling people you promoted someone for nudes? come on son! I'm out of here, and im not petty enough to take people with me, just know, that it wouldnt be hard. As has been proved time and time again. BAD LEADERSHIP LEADS TO UPRISING. Theres a reason XG used to be the biggest and best, and theres a reason it isnt anymore. People like 007 and Modern. Have a great day all. Remember, He's only a good leader while youre obeying him haha, when you no longer serve his purpose and try to better yourself or your clan, youre gone :).

KoG DRIF XS

Section Leader
KoG FRICTION
KoG MAFIA
KoG ROGUE
KoG VALHALLA
KoG REAPERS
KoG Kabooms
Jun 9, 2014
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
MICROSOFT WILL ALLOW XBOX GAMERS TO PLAY AGAINST PS4 AND PC PLAYERS

Microsoft is announcing a big new feature for Xbox owners today: cross-network play. It's something the software giant has hinted at for years, and now it seems the reality of PS4, Xbox One, and PC players playing the same game together might finally happen. Developers building games for Xbox One and Windows 10 will be able to support the feature, but it will require Sony and others to "participate" in order for games to be played across Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Rocket League will be one of the first titles to support the new cross-network play, and Microsoft notes there is an "open invitation for other networks to participate as well," strongly hinting that Sony or other console manufacturers could enable gamers to play their friends regardless of what device they're using.

If developers and console makers get behind Microsoft's support of cross-network play then it will change the shape of games in the future. Currently, console gamers are restricted to playing titles on the PlayStation Network or Xbox Live, and many pick an Xbox One or PS4 based on what their friends purchased. Opening up online multiplayer gaming across different platforms will remove a big restriction in console gaming, but it will also create a conversation around which titles should allow PC gamers to play against consoles. A mouse and keyboard can still have many advantages over a gamepad for first-person shooters, so it's a new challenge that game developers will have to balance for cross-network play.

This article appeared 0n www.theverge.com By Tom Warren on March 14, 2016

KoG DRIF XS

Section Leader
KoG FRICTION
KoG MAFIA
KoG ROGUE
KoG VALHALLA
KoG REAPERS
KoG Kabooms
Jun 9, 2014
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY COMING TO ROCKET LEAGUE AS XBOX LIVE OPENS UP TO OTHER CONSOLES

Rocket League players on Xbox One will be able to play matches against PC gamers, with "an open invitation for other networks to join later," Microsoft announced this morning as part of an overall initiative to open Xbox Live up for cross-platform multiplayer across all services.

"Of course, it's up to game developers to support this feature, and Xbox Live players will always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players," wrote Chris Charla, the director of ID@Xbox.

Psyonix said cross-platform support between Xbox One and PC would begin later this spring, with other platforms to follow. Rocket League launched in February without the cross-platform support featured on the PS4 and PC editions.

Microsoft's new policy means Xbox One users and Windows 10 gamers using Xbox Live will be able to play cross-platform multiplayer with users "on different online multiplayer networks — including other console and PC networks."

The announcement led a general update about Microsoft's ID@Xbox program for independent games. In other news Axiom Verge, the acclaimed Metroidvania indie game that launched last year on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC, will be coming to Xbox One. A separate news release from creator Tom Happ said Axiom Verge would be coming to Wii U as well. No specific date was given, only "later this year."

This article appeared on WWW.Polygon.com by Owen S. Good on Mar 14, 2016

xEZ TECx

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 5, 2012
I don't think it will cause any problems myself, and I also think that it would end exclusives except for like Halo or Grand Turismo. Those are platform specific. But then, I think halo would look absolutely outstanding on a PS4 compared to the Xbox 1. The ps4 has 8gb gddr5 ram unified across the main board, and video card. Xbox 1 runs 8gb gddr3. So that's 2 steps down. May be why the Xbox 1's native display is 720p/ while PS4 is 1080 p. I would like it for call of duty, honestly because I could play with friends that I still have on Xbox live !!