Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT OCTOBER BETA INCLUDES COMPANION APP INTEGRATION

CAPOS SNOW

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2006
THE YAY AREA
darth610.jpg

by Mike Futter
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-beta-includes-companion-app-integration.aspx
EA and DICE are planning a late beta for Star Wars Battlefront. The duo will be dropping pre-release builds onto Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in October.

Included in the beta are the Walker Assault mission on the icy Hoth, complete with Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker heroes. Players will also be able to team up with a friend for Battlefront’s horde mode-style survival missions. This one will take place on Tatooine.Finally, the as yet undetailed Drop Zone mode will be featured in the beta.

The Battlefront companion app for iOS and Android will be available during the beta, also. Along with in-game stats, players will be able to play a game called Base Command. Playing unlocks items in Battlefront.

Star Wars Battlefront will be out on November 17 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. For more, check out our preview from Gamescom.

[Source: EA]

Our Take
I didn’t love what I played of Battlefront at Gamescom, but I’m also aware that it needs to appeal to the widest audience of Star Wars fans possible. I hope that when it launches that it’s a satisfying game I’ll want to play for a long time, but I also recognize that fans will forgive a dip in quality because of the powerful license (and a certain upcoming film).

XGC Pottz

XILED ELITES
X-TEAM
Oct 26, 2011
Massachusetts
The game should be fun for sure! At the very least it has a lot of potential, we'll know more after the beta I guess. Any idea if its fully open or if it'll be closed then open up later?

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
The only thing I am mad about is that they confirmed that there won't be any spacebattles in this title (not even DLC). The best battlefront game I have played that had a great concept was Elite Squadron. The graphics were not the best due to it only being on PSP. However, the game had potential. It was the first battlefront game to have interchangeable scenarios meaning you could be on the deathstar and fight, fly out of the deathstar and take out enemy carrier ships. This happened with all levels of the game. If they brought that concept to the game, it would be magnificent.

XGC Rufioo

Forum Star
Feb 10, 2015
MO, UNITED STATES
Star wars battlefront was one of the games that got me introduced into shooting games other than duck hunt hahaha. Anyway looking forward to the beta and actual game when it comes out.

CAPOS SNOW

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2006
THE YAY AREA
DESTINY: LAST CHANCE TO UNLOCK THIS RARE EMBLEM

73360fba617caa91867868b6eec6a889

GameSpot CBS By Eddie Makuch
This article, Destiny: Last Chance to Unlock This Rare Emblem, originally appeared on GameSpot.

Destiny players hoping to complete their Moments of Triumph and earn a rare reward don't have much time left to do so. As announced previously, you'll need to complete the 10 challenges below before September 9 to receive a special emblem when The Taken King launches on September 15.

To unlock some of the Moments of Triumph, you'll need Destiny's expansions. You can see all ten of the challenges below the video, with descriptions courtesy of Bungie. After September 9, the special emblem will be unattainable, though it's possible Bungie will renew this campaign for Year Two.

VIDEO: Destiny: The Taken King Raid Teaser Trailer [01:03]

Destiny Year One Moments of Triumph:

Crucible Gladiator -- Win 100 Crucible matches
Chest Hunter -- Find all golden chests
Public Servant -- Complete 50 Public Events
Apprentice of Light -- Achieve maximum character level
Light of the Guardian -- Defeat the dark heart of the Black Garden
Light in the Dark -- Prevent the summoning of Crota's Soul
Light of the Reef -- Capture Skolas in the Vex Citadel
Bane of Skolas -- Defeat Prison of Elders on Hard Difficulty
Bane of Atheon -- Defeat Atheon on Hard Difficulty
Bane of Crota -- Defeat Crota on Hard Difficulty
You can track your progress against these goals through this special https://www.bungie.net/en/Companion#Profile page. How close are you to unlocking the emblem? Let us know in the comments below.

XGC ANGEL

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 27, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
I have 3 that I need to get done all golden treasure, atheon on hard raid and prison of elders on hard. yes need help I'm free this weekend, Saturday kinda ife

lynnerd13

Forum Star
Jun 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I could SO use some help! I focused too long on COD AW and have a level 31 character and I need Bane of Crota and POE both on hard. Would be ever grateful for assistance. Just ping me this weekend. :eek: