Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PSYOPBABY03 DESIGN TEAM APPLICATION

KoG KiLo69

Get A Life!
Apr 13, 2011
Brinkley,AR
*disclaimer*
The Application area is more like a boot camp than an application process. The design team members are more concerned with helping you grow as a designer and therefore will give more CnC than praise. Please do not take CnC personally, as it is just an opinion that can be used to fine tune your sigs. There is no time frame on how long your application will take. This is due to that fact that in your application we would like to see your growth as a designer, your attitude towards design, and much more. Please do not pick up/ fill any requests until you are excepted onto the team (if you would like you base signatures in your applications off of a request please add a link to the request with the post).

That being said, thank you for applying to the design team! And we are looking Forward to working with you!! Just keep making Designs and posting them here with you application so we can get a better feel of what we can help you learn!!

SYN PSYOP

SYN OutLaws
Dec 20, 2015
Hope Mills, North Carolina
vm.tiktok.com
O37ulDX.png

SFP Jordan SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 21, 2014
Michigan
Not bad. I know that this one is fitting for it purpose. I would like to see your next submission using the render as main focal, applying rule of thirds in regards to render image used and any text that you put on the design. Keep the application going and active. We want to see more of your work and its progress!

SFP Jordan SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 21, 2014
Michigan

Very clean and streamline. It has what appears to be the intended effect and no more or less. Many times designers overdo it with enhancement and take away from the clarity and brilliance of the the focal so that it doesnt capture your attention. This definately does stand out and make you notice it. The lowered opacities on youe aditional texts in the corners allow for it. Awesome Sig. I would like to get you adding more texture now, to produce depth and prominence to your sigs. So that is what we will direct focus on next

SFP Jordan SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 21, 2014
Michigan
I think this would be a good step towards achieving a new method to towards enhancing your sigs. Keep in mind that the goal we are trying to reach is expanding possibilities, taking you a little beyond your typical routine with designing and inspire new direction.

http://www.sigtutorials.com/tutorials/basics/fire-effect-signature-tutorial.html

30_zpsa9fe4731.png

Please use this render with the tutorial. We look forward to seeing what you come up with! And dont be afraid to go outside of or beyond exactly how they do it

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US

your sigs are very nice, and you follow a lot of design rules, but the one thing i am noticing is that your backgrounds are consistently black. sometimes your background is just as important as your foreground, and can really bring an image together much more than just text, or the rule of thirds can because of the depth that is created. this is a pretty simple ps tutorial on making nebula backgrounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izsD9do7SHA
nebula/space backgrounds are great base images to start with for effect type sigs because of the contrast between light and dark, as well as the flow that the clouds can make. some things that you may want to try using on a sig that uses a nebula are lighting/ c4d effects, bokeh effects, and gradient maps. to give you an idea of a sig using a nebula here is one that was made fairly recently. it is a simple banner, here's what was done. a render was put on the nebula, then text was placed, and 2-3 gradient maps were used. try to give it a shot.
Dark%20Army_zpstcgax1hi.png

SYN Kiwi

Forum Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Canada

Hey Psyopbaby

I would like for you to try to duplicate this for me. I've supplied the files you'll need in the link below. There are very brief instructions, if you have questions about how a certain effect was done please let us know.
Test File: www.lawnquest.ca/designteamtestfile.psd

Steps taken to create image:
Re-Size main image
Change layer styles on layer 2
Created light source behind the stock image with the color #a3e5ff
Enhanced colour of the main stock image
Add texture to the graphic using photoshop brushes. Use any you prefer/like
Duplicate entire signature (CTRL+SHIFT+A -> New Layer -> CTRL+V)
Create a motion blur/zoom effect then fade it out/erase around the main focal point
Font: Impact w/gradient & drop shadow

WxQdT9W.png

CNC for the image you posted:
That effect is really cool for the main focus of the image, but I would put it with a like background if possible to make the signature flow and really finish it off.
There are more ways to make text stand out on black or against any other like colour besides putting an outer glow to it. The outer glow is an OK effect to use, but only with the right images. Try out the tutorial I posted for you here and try out another way to do text effects :)