Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LOOKING FOR SOME TAGS

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
*disclaimer*
The Application area is more like a boot camp than an application process. The design team members are more concerned with helping you grow as a designer and therefore will give more CnC than praise. Please do not take CnC personally, as it is just an opinion that can be used to fine tune your sigs. There is no time frame on how long your application will take. This is due to that fact that in your application we would like to see your growth as a designer, your attitude towards design, and much more. Please do not pick up/ fill any requests until you are excepted onto the team (if you would like you base signatures in your applications off of a request please add a link to the request with the post).

That being said, thank you for applying to the design team!

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Hey Swedish, thanks for applying to the team! Your sigs show that you're well versed with your photoshop tools so keep showing us work. Be sure to use the test images for applicants as well.

ASwedishPig

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2012
Birmingham
10-4 Thanks and I will punch them out when I get a chance.

I do have a quick question regarding a comment made after my App post.

*disclaimer*
The Application area is more like a boot camp than an application process....

Can I get an explanation as to the actual application process, if this is not really an app area?

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
10-4 Thanks and I will punch them out when I get a chance.

I do have a quick question regarding a comment made after my App post.

Can I get an explanation as to the actual application process, if this is not really an app area?

Sure you can and yes it is. The process is simple your first few posts help the team gauge where you stand as a designer already. The test images help with this because they each pose a separate problem for a designer in most cases that we would like to see how each applicant solve. The reason I posted a little disclaimer is because we as a team are more interested in helping you grow than praising you just for making sigs. Many people do not finish their application because they don't like having their art CnC'd, but it's a vital part of the learning process; so I've started posting that little disclaimer just so people know it's not some one post application, and that we want to see people grow as not only designers, but also members of the community.

On a side note the application process has not time base on it, and ends when the designers believe the applicant is trying to use the CnC he/ she has been given; among other things.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US

Your colors are very nice on this, and render placement is another plus. However, I feel the lines on the left of the render could look better if you brought them closer to the render. This way they draw less attention to themselves and more to the render. (This theory of art is called the rule of thirds if you want to look it up)

ASwedishPig

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2012
Birmingham
it was adjusted a few posts back. The text was mainly just for watermarking But I can see what you mean. Originally when I was putting it together it just looked open and blank so I was just trying to get rid of dead space(to the left).

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
In regard to the Harley Quinn image; the render is very blurry, and has lost a lot of its quality. The blending is nice, but the colors overpower the original colors of the render.

In regard to the text on the patriots image, the big and blocky text is a good choice, but the font doesn't fit. Using impact would be good for this, but the way the font you used loops the way it does, it doesn't fit very well.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
maxresdefault.jpg

heres a new applicant image if you feel like using it

KoG KiLo69

Get A Life!
Apr 13, 2011
Brinkley,AR
If Still Interested please pick another Image for the applicants and tryagain with a new image. We CnC your work to help you get better as a designer, so please just bare with us until we have found out your strengths and weaknesses. Looking forward to your next entry.