Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JOINING THE MARINE CORPS

KoG RedXIV

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 20, 2012
Arkansas
Well my dad is a US Marine and I've been looking at the recruiting station for a while and I've been talking to the marines plus I'm senior this year but is their any good benefits that could come out of it?

Blklistsniper

Forum Nub
Apr 25, 2012
Bullitt county ky
the title and EGA a spiffy uniform and the respect of the title MARINE oh and long time spent down range fighting some place people who derseve to get their *** handed to them the by grunts

hoorah future tufel hunden hoorah
god speed to you

aim high
SSGT FAY, USAF-ANG

should've went active myself

Lt Dan VM

Forum Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
Las Vegas
Alpha Wolf,

It all depends on what your looking for and looking to do. Remember if you do join that it may be a career however, most people rejoin the civilian work force once they get out. So use what you can while you are in to get what you need for when you get out. Go in eyes wide open and ask the questions early. Remember paper is a better source than people when it comes to accurate information. It can become a nightmare if you don't understand what it is exactly that you are getting into. I am not trying to scare you just making sure you know. I have had my ups and downs but for the most part it has been a blast. Pick a job you want and you will enjoy.

SSgt USAF

KoG 33RD

XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
May 15, 2012
Ohio
GOOD LUCK DEVIL

Good luck Devil

You will hear that phrase like a million times during infantry training after boot camp. I honestly enjoyed the time I was in and then got married and the rest is history. Best of luck to you and remember if you have a goal you want to reach while your in that you are the only one standing in the way. You can reach for whatever and take it. If that is sniper school or recon you'll make it if you start reaching for them as soon as you can. Age and fitness will keep you from achieving those goals so reach early if that is what you want to do. You only get one shot so see the world enjoy your time in as much as you can. Even if your fellow devils are complaining about how bad and hard life in the corps is. Stay positive. Take whatever they throw at you and push through like the thousands of Marines before you have. You can do anything as long as your mind is strong your body will follow. Again. Good luck and God speed.

Sgt Fausneaucht
USMC

If you have any questions or concerns contact me through my xgc email and we can talk on the phone if you want. XGC Devastation.

SYN Blind King

Forum Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Rogersville, TN
GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND.

good luck my friend.

Dear KoG DevilDogs,

i will not be one to discourage or disconnect a dream from its dreamer nor will i tell you not to do something for in that case i have no position. but if you are true by what you speak and would like some advice from a former marine then so be it. the most advice i can give you is dont. dont join the corps its a bad idea. you go in swearing that you wont let it change you but the day you get out your no longer yourself. you died out there on that battle field. you are now a new you and not nessecarily a better you. you either have to learn to deal with yourself as i have you see i was born in 82 and on my 24 birthday i got 3 of my fingers on my right hand blew off i now have stubbs. or you fight to beter yourself and no longer care about anyone else or you slowly kill yourself from the inside.

Lieutenant Kollan Marshel
USMC

KoG Crimson Ace

Forum Noob
Mar 8, 2011
I'm a Senior this year and I will be joining the marines once I graduate. Although I plan to go to college to become an officer in the military. I have been looking forward to the day for almost five years now

KoG Turok

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 6, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
DO IT!!!!! Its the Best judgement anyone could make im a firm believer as prior military ARMY actually but thats besides the point. i personally think that every able body person should spend atleast 1 year in the military other counties demand it. anyway go for it there are so many more reasons to go than not to i spent 4 years came out and now im in college got my life together an all that thank to uncle sam

Iriaphos

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2011
Dayton, TN
Man it depends on what you want. If You're looking for brotherhood and a challenge do it because you'll get that. If You're wanting money or anything financial don't. The corps is brok we've been having cuts for awhile. And as some others have said. Going down range and seeing and experiencing some of this stuff really changes you and its usually not for the better. Always keep in mind youll never be the same. Whether its a good change or bad uoull never be the person you were when you came in. I have changed alot