Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IF YOU LEAVE TO MAKE A NEW GAMING COMMUNITY - BE ORIGINAL

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
<rant>

Come on people! i have seen quite a few new communities created from people leaving XG with bitter feelings.. they hate XG, and want to do something different... but - something is comming with all of them..
they cant be original when creating their community.

look @ all of them, they all do the same things right away.

make a base page, link to forums, try to make a news team and a design team. all of which are more likely to be unsuccessful.

they all have the same ranking for their members. maybe a different name, but i mean it all resembles everything we have in XG. - Recruits, privates, sgt's, lt's, captains, generals and then moving up and allowing people to add titles on the end, similar to XS, XD, XC and then the almighty XI's.

they try to have an arcade for their forums fans to keep busy while browsing.

and finaly, they all have simial names..

3 letter clan names.. CEG, ELG, TXG... look @ that?
they all end with GAMING.. much like XG
XILED GAMING, has spawned some bitter people, who think they can go off on their own and do better... well i say to ALL of you - GOOD LUCK!

if you leave here because you are unhappy with the way you were treated, or the way things are run, then good riddance! see if you can do better, see if you can get enough members to makeyou feel good about yourself and then realize what people have to go through here having tens of thousands of people coming to them with questions, and issues. and see if you can do better!

if you leave because you were treated unfair and were a general for 3 years, and are made that you have not become an XS, dont blame other people because you are not XS material. if you were on the right path to become an XS, then you would have been chosen to be one. if you are stuck as an XD, XS, General, Captain, LT, SGT, PVT and are not moving up the ladder any more - dont look at what everyone else is doing wrong. find out what YOU can do for the community to keep going up the ladder. dont be miserable and stew on people being jerks for not promoting you.
get over it, and be a positive member of the community, and you will move up the ladder.

</rant>

SYN_BLUEDOG

Forum Junkie
Feb 25, 2010
Texas
WEll BPley, after XG, it is hard to be original. I mean these guys have it down pat. People leave butt hurt and think they will show us how its done. i definately understand your rant, it is quiet rediculous the way people leave and think they can do better. I am not saying it cant be done, like you said once they try and see what it all entails it seems a little more clear to them. THats why there are so many "can I return to XG" requests.

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
nobody in specific has made me angry - just wanted to rant.

i am making a request that whoever the next people to leave this community are -
take into consideration originality. put some effort in. do something different.

i mean with New Found Vitality or whatever they are, they went with Nv tags... i like that idea, it is original, there is no GAMING or COMMUNITY or CLAN in their name, it is all original. but from what i see recently, it is all just people who are made and are trying to hurt XG by leaving, and poaching people.

if they poach members, and the member leaves - good. they are not dedicated to the community and i dont want them in my clan! i shouldnt have to tell my members to ignore other gaming communities so they dont leave. if a member comes to me and says i am leaving to go to TXG or ELG, i will say good GTFO, heres the door.

</ 2nd rant>

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
to be fair i want to make a point, cus i see this argument coming... XG was not all the different when we left the community that most of the council was once a part of, but the difference was that we literally created and wrote the honor code and rank structure while we were in the old clan, but no one but our core group of people would actually follow it that's y we left and made our own clan

gotta agree with bpley, seems like no one has really original ideas anymore, we've seen our honor code and rank structure copy and pasted to other clans websites before and they were dumb enough to forget to take the parts out that said "XG" or Xiled Gaming"

also gotta point out though, Xg is not for everyone, and sometimes it takes being here to figure that out. bottom line, get online to have fun

Reactions: CGE RE UP CA

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
to be fair i want to make a point, cus i see this argument coming... XG was not all the different when we left the community that most of the council was once a part of, but the difference was that we literally created and wrote the honor code and rank structure while we were in the old clan, but no one but our core group of people would actually follow it that's y we left and made our own clan

gotta agree with bpley, seems like no one has really original ideas anymore, we've seen our honor code and rank structure copy and pasted to other clans websites before and they were dumb enough to forget to take the parts out that said "XG" or Xiled Gaming"

also gotta point out though, Xg is not for everyone, and sometimes it takes being here to figure that out. bottom line, get online to have fun

wow coleslaw... i know i look @ ELG's honor code a while ago, and it was almost identical.... but they did remove XG / Xiled Gaming... but if i seen someone copy and past and keep XG or Xiled Gaming in the honor code i would probably fall out of my chair laughing so hard...

i agree! maybe XG isnt for everyone, and being here will help them find that out... all the power to them if they chose to leave for something different... ALL THE POWER TO THEM! and if they have been here long enough and have enough people in agreeance (typo IDK how to spell that word - will google it after this post) that they want to make something different, again i commend them for that! like we saw in another post, if nobody was up for leaving to make new communities - XG would not exist today! but from what i have seen, XG is not similar to KSI in any manner. the only similarity is the 3 letter tags XGC, KoG, SYN, XGG to KSI.

and like i said earlier - if they come here to poach, and members leave XG with a promise of being a higher rank with more power... again GTFO!
we dont base ourselves on RANK. Rank is not what gives you control in XG.
Yes, Council votes on ultimate decisions. Yes Community leaders have power, YES Division leaders have power, YES Section leaders have power, YES Generals have power in THEIR clans. but it all comes down to the members of each individual clan. if the members in the clan are unhappy and DONT discuss their issues, then how can problems be resolved? too many people wait and wait until they are utterly furious about a situation, and RAMBLE on about quitting and leaving XG because they were not listened to. and Generals get mad because they have been a General for EVER! and never get promoted to XS. its not the leaders responsibility to promote you to XS. its YOUR responsibility to make yourself appeal to the leaders and spark interest in promoting you to XS. and up the chain it goes. XS's wanna be XD's and dont get promo'd so they bail to make a new clan to be the founders with ultimate power! XD's wanna be XC's but arent doing enough in the community to reach that level of interest within the council and community leaders, so they bail to make a new clan which will be 1,000 times better than XG!
and how many privates and SGT's and LT's and Capt's have left to join those new communities because of promises made, or how many have quit XG because they were treated unfair, or never got promoted.

this all stems from the Generals of clans. if a general works hard to make the members of his clan happy with XG, and handle the issues brought to them in timely manners, their troops will be happy. and if you cant get issues resolved by talking to your XS's, and your XS's is not willing to help you with the problems, then find an XD. dont complain that your XS wont help you, maybe there is a good reason, and the XS doesnt agree with you, but you still feel passionate about the issue, so tell the XD that you and your XS are not agreeing, but you would like to have ..... happen.. or so on. i am totally rambling on myself now. but i just want to make a point.
to the General's and Captains out there who read this, its OUR responsibility to keep those under our command happy with XG. our primary role is not to recruit a billion people and split 17 times to make ourselves XS's. but to bring in QUALITY people, who are willing to be understanding, and patient with building XG into a constantly better place. Put in the work for the COMMUNITY if you want to rank up, and not just YOUR clan. dont only think about YOUR benefits. try to better the community.

blah blah blah.... my fingers hurt from typing.. i think i am going to stop posting in this thread now before i make others angry...

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i'm not trying to start anything, and for the record it was not ELG that i was talking about... i have not seen their website, and i was not talking about them at all, simply because i don't know anything about their clan... i'm not going to name the clan that left our name in their rules, but i'll say it happened over a year ago... i really don't look at other clans websites, no offense, but everything i need is right here...

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
yeah i am not saying you are trying to start anything...
i just start typing away and wind up getting myself frusterated :p

i was simply saying ELG has a very very very similar honor code..
i only check out other communities sites where my friends have gone in hopes to stay in contact.

either way! thats all i have on er!

lol :p

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
thats nice to who ever gave me negative rep for this calling me an *** kisser ...

why not come out here and tell me why i am an *** kisser?

because i definately dont see any *** kissing going on in this thread

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
I wouldnt worry about it dude. You called the situation for what it was, someone got their panties in a bunch and all they could do for payback was leave neg rep.....

I gotta agree with both B and Bluedog. Yes other clans/communities copy the structure/honor code/names/prefixes/etc... But thats because XG got it right, and ultimately, set the current standard. We're the benchmark other people strive to be, or even get close to.

It gets frustrating seeing all these cookie-cutter communities out there, mostly splitting off from our own (which is likely the biggest reason theyre so similar), but in the grand scheme of things, all of them try to be us. So, I hope people are more creative about this stuff in the future.

Build off of what your learned in XG, take what you learned with us and try to be unique. Improve upon the XG foundation and make something thats actually 'your own'.

Reactions: XGC Axecident

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
Hey i will add my two cents into this i suppose since i am on the other side of this argument, as for Nv, when we broke off we wanted to be as original as possible, but XG did get alot of things right and there was no point in doing away with everything when some things were better, as for the rank structure military ranks up until general was the best idea because people know that from their own lives, people know that a generals is higher than a sergeant so it was easy to comprehend, as for the upper leadership we renamed the roles and added different things, so that it would not be the same im not gonna lie though they could be compared to each other but they are different, as for the blood oath we wrote that totally from scrap when we made Nv. But to be fair in many ways Nv is close to XG because all of us founding members were in SYN for many years, and we saw what worked in XG and what didnt work.....

But people have tried to copy us, we have actually gotten our lawyers on others because they clearly stole our blood oath and rank structure and were too dumb to change anything so we had their website shut down because it was plagiarism, so i know how it feels to be ripped off lol

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
yeah papa this wasn't a shot at nv, and i'm glad you didn't see it that way, as there are def clans that leave that go out the right way... and technically no one can really complain too much that you stole the name of the rank structure, because well, we technically stole it from the us military so you know... just if you want to do something better as most clans say on their way out the door, do it your way, don't copy and paste... its sad... i've never read nv's blood oath or rank structure, but i'm sure you guys put some time into it... i know writing our honor code was not a process that was one and done in a night

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
like i said papa i did give props to Nv..
from what i have found of you folks you did stretch the originality out WAY farther than most others i have seen.

im just saying, obviously a military structure is the easiest way to do things for the rank structure.. but maybe.. IDK pick different ranks..

have Private, Corporal, SGT, LT, Captain, Major, General, Col.
maybe add a few, or take some away, but dont just use the EXACT same...

im not hittin Nv for it, idk if you have the exact same as XG, and i dont know if XG took that from KSI... im just saying, maybe for the next people who go off to think they can do better, do something DIFFERENT.

the military has MANY MAY MANY ranks to choose from. take advantage of that if you are going to use the military rank stucture.

and again i am not harping on ANY communities at all.. i am just saying from what i have seen it is all just copy and paste. i think people would be more successful at achieving what they want out of leaving XG if they had their OWN system instead of just being one of 30 dopplegangers of Xiled Gaming.