Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IDEA FOR USERGROUPS.....

KoG Machina

Forum Star
well yes cancer is a good cause Poison but dabetes is a very serious disese and kills many people as well as causes people to lose limbs so i mean its an idea for it and there is no other place to post it were it will actually be viewed.

the furry group was a co-lab. idea from some other people.

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
well the only way a usegroup would be helpful would be if it accessed a restricted area of the the forums that only people with diabetes would be able to view, but as for being able to meet and talk and such, a social group would work the exact same way a usergroup would, they would have to know it exsist then ask to join, much like the user groups, or you could have it public so that anyone could join...but yes usergroups are mostly just useful if u are dealing with permission on the website, for everything else a social group works just a well....a usergroup wouldnt really help any more than a social group would.

FaceUp

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 30, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not saying that this is a bad idea, but if a UserGroup was made for one disease/Illness then we would have to make 50 thousand more for all ofthe others. This is why I see it not happening. Like said previously, a social group would best fit.

Last edited:

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
well the could be seen from the social group list, i can almost promise you that they will not make these, as they can be just as easily made with a social group, you can get a sig made that will direct people to the social group if you would like, thats basically the same thing as a user group mini banners

FaceUp

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 30, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Like BigPapa said, make a social group, have a banner or signature made by the design team, then you put the banner or signature on your profile so when you click it redirects you to the social group. This is really the only thing you can do.

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
yea put a link inside of the sig so that when people click you sig they will be redirected to the social group page...i wasnt saying like in your sig saying hey we have a group come to my profile and look at it...

in that reason its better than a usergroup because on a usergroup they have to look for the group to apply for it, but a social group they can just click your sig and be redireted to the social group page

KoG Machina

Forum Star
well thats the thing though I dont want a link that is like www.xiledgaming.com/whatever because I actually like and strive for a well organized signature and plus I cannot edit my sig. because my gold membership has not been reinstated and that may be a viable possibility when they reinstate it but it is highly unlikely...

I just want a usergroup for it because that way people can better veiw it because with all three of my sig pics and the limit on charactors i cannot fit more than 10 more charactors so the link is kinda out of the question but nobody knows and I was hoping that a council member would give his/her opinion on this topic but I am very sorry but social groups are not advertisable like usergroups are..

EDIT:
The whole banner thing is outa the question unless for my troubles they upgrade meh to a platinum because my gold never got reinstated so srry.....

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
well good luck with that, you obviously dont want any opinion other than one that agrees with you, so good luck with getting a usegroup, i was jsut trying to give you some solutions that you could do on your own

KoG Machina

Forum Star
big papa I understand but you don't know how hard it is to get over 500 characters in the sig but yea that would be good and no council member will look at any of my threads be it about my gold membership that WILL NOT FRIGGEN WORK!! or my usegroup thread and I am dissapointed and yes I know that they are busy but whatever.....

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
I do know what its like lol, i was in XG for like 3 years, back when there no was subscriptions life was better lol, but yea send one of them a PM or write on their wall, they have an open door policy so use it