Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I HATE CAMPERS,NOOB TOOBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SYN_BLUEDOG

Forum Junkie
Feb 25, 2010
Texas
Camping and noob-tubing is a strategy. THe reason it makes peoiple mad, me included, is that they kill kill streaks. It is usually a low skilled player who couldnt get many kills any other way. Sometimes i like to camp, but not often. Im a run n gun player,

KoG Mufasa

KoG HELLHOUSE
Jun 5, 2010
Canada
I snipe a lot so i tend to camp but i only hate the noob tubers that run around with it, if your using it to flush out players or something like that then i dont mind it

SYN Satori

Forum Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
Michigan
I was going to read the whole thread before I posted, but I got bored. Here is my take on this issue, and how to prevent tubers/campers from being so effective.

When you're in matchmaking and you come across a camper sitting in the corner who shoots you in the back, what is your first reaction? You get pissed, right? That is exactly why camping/tubing is so effective. They throw you off your game and the only thing you can think about is getting that revenge/payback kill. The only problem is, they are waiting for you. Same thing with people who use nube tubes, they know it gets under your skin and they know you'll keep coming back for more.

What you need to do is take a second, stop, then figure out what you're going to do. In almost every circumstance there is a way to counteract a game strategy. If you know someone is camping, don't rush them. Throw your flash/stun grenades, launch a tube in there, or just ignore them and move on to other targets. If someone is tubing, put on blast shield or tube them back. If you encounter a thermal sniper, put on cold blooded. Etc.

The bottom line is...play smart, communicate, and don't get frustrated!

XGC TEFLON

Forum Star
Jul 21, 2008
ontario, canada
well id like to say theres a diff in "noob tubing" and what i call "pro piping" some of us have mastered the art and can put tubes thru a car window and 2 doors from across the map dead accurate every time and call our shots like in pool so please be more specific wen u use the term...and what do you think the pro pipes are for? CAMPERS its the anti camping device

SYN Satori

Forum Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
Michigan
I wouldn't say a lot of people have mastered the art of the tubing, so I was general when referencing it. For the most part you run into OMA players who figured if they throw enough tubes in a general area they'll get a kill.

FoRBaGR

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 31, 2010
Chicago, IL (suburbs)
Camping and noob-tubing is a strategy. THe reason it makes peoiple mad, me included, is that they kill kill streaks. It is usually a low skilled player who couldnt get many kills any other way. Sometimes i like to camp, but not often. Im a run n gun player,

Very true that often it is a low skilled player. It's players like that who give people who use them effectively and in creative/useful ways a bad rap. At least during MW2 I was a tube expert - shoot it through a window halfway across the map to clear out a room (usually of a camper) or even over buildings where I know some sniper has been lying in the grass and has 10 or 15 kills in a row. I normally wouldn't tube to start a game, but it was not a good idea to start against my squad (or me) because One-Man-Army would stop them right-quick on that. I wish that MW2 would have taken a cue from World at War and made S&D tubes non-explosive for the first 15 seconds of a round, though.

Similar (not the same): If you hit a line drive and make an out or hit an off the end of the bat flair over the infield for a base-hit, which one are you taking? If you say the line drive, you aren't fooling anyone. Unless you are by yourself or completing challenges, it's about one thing. "Just win, baby."

FoRBaGR

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 31, 2010
Chicago, IL (suburbs)
I will say this though now - I use the crossbow much in the same way with scavenger. Great way to weed out the campers (especially on the back sections of Launch on Black Ops).

That and I want my throwing knife back - the tomahawk sucks.

XGC IMMORT4L

Forum Noob
Nov 7, 2010
waterbury,ct
Noob tubing is annoying but it is part of the game so can't really say much about it. With that being said I do believe if you're going around tubing that you aren't very skilled in the game. If you're doing it to complete a challenge that's fine but if you're doing it non stop just to get your kills I believe you don't have the skills to play the game. As for camping I hate it more than anything besides glitching but camping is also part of the game. Now if you are a camper yes it can be a good strategy to win at times and everybody does it from time to time. But those people that do it no matter what is just ridiculous. They should have a game mode where if you stay in the same spot for longer than 30 seconds you die or something in that sense. I'm one of those players that could care less about my KD I play to have fun and just sitting around in one spot is not fun in anyway.

OsloNights

Forum Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
New Jersey
I enjoy playing CoD MW2. I’ll come across players that brag about sniping without scoping. I truly do think they need to fix that because we all know that isn’t realistic. Sure it’s game, but would be nice to be fixed. The people that run around aimlessly are like chickens without a head and easy to pick off. It’s funny to see, but there are good players out there that linger. Bottom line to get the campers, noob tubers, people that snipe without scooping is simply out smart them. If you’re dieing every time I think that is a huge hint to rethink what you’re doing. By now all know the maps inside out so use that to your advantage and don’t abuse the good spots because it’ll probably be me knifing you from behind or taking your head off with a sniper rifle. :]

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
I agree. Quickscoping got hella annoying. I did for a couple weeks then realize that just playing the game is so much funner. Then I would do clan battles w/ my old clan and they'd be like 'let's quick scope. what you scared? I thought you guys were supposed to be good.' So eventually people started associating 'good at mw2' to 'good at quickscoping' thus mw2 became dominated by it. the fact that everyone and their grandmother was posting 'quickscope' montages wasn't helping anything either. I found it really easy and only lost like once out of 20 times doing QS, but leave that crap out of the real game.

You know that thing where people keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over and it becomes a trend that eventually becomes annoying because everyone is doing it and doesn't realize how ridiculous the idea was from the get go??? that was quickscoping and quickscoping montages. haha.

XGC CookeMnster

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 19, 2010
Wilmington, NC
well id like to say theres a diff in "noob tubing" and what i call "pro piping" some of us have mastered the art and can put tubes thru a car window and 2 doors from across the map dead accurate every time and call our shots like in pool so please be more specific wen u use the term...and what do you think the pro pipes are for? CAMPERS its the anti camping device

I wasn't going to get into this discussion but then I saw such an oxymoron that I had to step in... PRO PIPES & PRO PIPER.... haha... it doesn't take any skill to use the tube! Just admit you suck and get over your ego.... I mean it goes boom and you shoot it out of a tube... NOT Hard to figure out that it isn't hard!! Try it in real life and see how PRO you are at it... That right you aren't!

SYN Satori

Forum Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
Michigan
I wasn't going to get into this discussion but then I saw such an oxymoron that I had to step in... PRO PIPES & PRO PIPER.... haha... it doesn't take any skill to use the tube! Just admit you suck and get over your ego.... I mean it goes boom and you shoot it out of a tube... NOT Hard to figure out that it isn't hard!! Try it in real life and see how PRO you are at it... That right you aren't!

What? Reading that just gave me a headache.

G

I neither camp or noob tube, and I can see why it would frustrate people. But, if the opposite team is really predictable enough to the point that you're able to camp and get killstreaks, then why wouldn't you? Camping or noob tubing isn't glitching, and if people put their effort into counteracting it, instead of complaining about it, then they would probably come up with a succesful strategy to use against those sort of people.

SYN K1NG XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Dec 10, 2006
Beavercreek, OH
www.xiledgaming.com
^ great post xLord Raigenx! ! ! ! !

i was reading some of this and thinking that some people should relax and remember its a game. if you don't like the game or the way people play it then go sell it back and pick up Barbie dress up, Unicorn racing or something like that. but you made a good post and i like the way you use your brain.