Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GETING PROMOTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv been in 3 diffrent xgc sub clans and about to move to a 4th because of a problam. i wish to get promoted to captin but because of having 3 diffrent genarals thay dont know what iv done in the passed. now im goin to meet my 4th and have to start over again, is there anythink i can do to boost my potential ?? :confused:

KoG Spinz

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 25, 2006
Baton Rouge, LA
A general should not base promotions on what someone did in another clan.

But if you deserve to be a captain, then it will show by performing at squad level. Just get people into your squad, train them to do your job, and youll be sucessful.

Also, generals do there homework on people.

XGC Maggnus

Forum Nerd
Dec 11, 2006
Louisiana
What spinz said, were not oblivious to the happenings inside of XG. We know what's going on and whos doing what even if the people in our clans don't know it. Train the people below you, help them and try not to transfer around so much. If you're having problems in the clan, find a way to work it out, running away each time a problem shows doesn't look promising.

-Maggnus

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
With the underpants gnomes
Agreed, 4 transfers is quite a few but if you are deserving it will happen. Like these guys said when you get transfered we do hear from you old Generals what kind of person you were and how you helped the clan. You do kind of have to start over though because what you do in the other clans really doesnt help your new clan much and its your new leaders you need to impress

XGC MASTERVIPER

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
Raleigh, NC
It takes time to become a captain. Don't ask about the promotion, help your squad, and the most important thing, have fun. Do those three things and you will get to where you deserve to be at.

XGC Halodaddy

Forum Star
Dec 10, 2006
Florida
www.myspace.com
As a lieutenant your job may vary a little from clan to clan, but on the most part it is recruiting, reading the honor code, making new members feel welcome, and showing up to meetings. If you can do all these things you are most likely going to be on your way to captain.

P.S. be seen on your clans forum too!

SYN Southpaw

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Deep in the Adirondacks
Don't ask when you're getting promoted. Bad idea, trust me. Ask your General HOW to get promoted, what you should do. Do whatever he tells you, and more. If you go above and beyond, he'll notice. Do whatever you can find that needs doing. Make it a point to talk to newer members and make them feel welcome, show up for all of your clan's meetings/squad practices, even if you don't have to, help run a squad, even if it's not your own. Anything that shows you're a hard worker and a good leader will reflect well on you. Above all, be patient. You might have to wait a few months before a spot opens up, even if you and your General both know you're ready for it.

KoG Spinz

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 25, 2006
Baton Rouge, LA
Southpaw,

I tell my members that i dont give promos, so don't ask for them. But they way you ask for promos is by earning them. You earn them by bieng a team player, bieng active in the forums/ playing with the clan, recruiting, and by leading by example.

i dident run away the subclan i joined ( xgc darkstar ) the genaral got a 360 and then dident want to play halo anymore so then i got told a join xglonlineocom but i got told about an english clan ( xgc reble ) and now the genaral decided not to be in the clan anymore and tock 2 of the 3 captins with him so now reble is goin to be remade and i will have a new genaral. so you see i couldent do anythink about changing subclans .

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
With the underpants gnomes
well I guess that makes sense, but if you deserve a promotion it will be apparent to your general and you will receive it. I know people sometimes feel like they are being held back but its usually just to make absolutely sure your ready for your new responsibilities

Last edited:

XGC HUMBLE

Forum Noob
Jan 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
Hey whats up? A few things on this one... If you havent established a name for yourself in your clan and in others, I recommend doing that. What I mean is just playing with your clan and with other clans so that more people know who you are. If you're doing what you are supposed to be doing to receive a captais position, generals will notice, so do your work and you'll get there. Try keeping squad lists for your general or bringing in more recruits. Also, for you to be below a captain and have transferred 4 times is a bit much. I've been in 5 different clans but I didnt leave my first until I had a captains spot. So settle down and establish yourself in one clan long enough for the right people to take notice and you'll be fine. If you feel like you are doing what it takes to be promoted now, read over the captains description in the Rank Structure and let your general know.
-Humble

CAPOS SNOW

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2006
THE YAY AREA
What I have always told people wanting to get promoted obviously don't ask for it, but be in the parties with the higher ups in the clan. You will learn from them. When questions or situations arise ask if you can handle it, or put your input in on it. this will show that you know what you are doing, and you are engaged with the clan. I am not saying brown nose with the higher ranks but just put your name out there and let them know that you know what you are doing. make them think "why have we not promoted this person?". Lastly surround your self with good people who know what they are doing in XGC, and teach the people who don't. This can only benifit you and XGC

XGC Slutzr

Forum Junkie
Dec 11, 2006
Alberta, Canada
ya man i was a lieutenant for 2 months had to wait for my slot to open up and when one of our captains became general i was given my job as a captain u just have to help ur captain in any way possible becuz we all know everyone has real lives and if ur captain is unable to attend something or start a practice or has some jobs for u do whatever u can to help. The captain is the one who puts the good words in to the general but its the generals decision whether ur rdy or not. Now about transfers u shouldn't be doing it becuz ur not making a rank XG is not about rank but more playin with a great community and working together as one. A transfer is more or less needed if u want one becuz of other clans u play with their members or to help another clan out and give them a hand that's my input

Slutzr Out

Status
Not open for further replies.