Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GENERALS FFA TOURNAMENT?

XGC Lucky Shot

Forum Star
Dec 9, 2006
Montgomery Alabama
If you still need a host I have a T1 connection... Fast as hell. I outpull most people for host in matchmakin because of it. Lemme know if the last spot is open or if one of the four cant make it.

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
Yeah Lucky you have the last host spot then.

Everyone if you have friends that are for sure interested, tell them to make a post on this thread, or you can sign them up. I'm basically just adding every general that's mentioned as interested in this thread to the list. I'm thinking if we don't make a full 32 by the 7th (I think we will though), then I'll open it up for a last minute sign up to include interested Captains. Also, If any XL's or XI's happen to be interested in playing, You're more than welcome of course.

If we end up with LOTS of people wanting in it can always get bigger.

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
well I'm more than happy to have XL's and XI's play. I have seen caviezel's montage work, it'd be fun to get raped by him I guess. the whole idea of the tournament is just to get a bunch of generals playing together. hopefully one's that haven't played much together before.

SYN Southpaw

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Deep in the Adirondacks
Since people really only play Lockout FFAs to get warmed up (Or at least all of the good people that I've ever played with), and there's always a sniper secondary, wouldn't it make more sense to have that in your Lockout rules set, or at least snipers on map?

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
well I do love MLG Snipes (as I call it) to warm up with a BR start and Snipe secondary, I'm hoping to keep this very close to MLG rules. The first round (and hence the biggest round) will be taking place on Midship with human weapons so we start with frags instead of stickys.

If more people agree with your suggestion, I will gladly make the change, but I'll warn you that MLG Snipes on Lockout is my best game, so you can't cry if I pwn you.

for sure though, even if more people do request a change to have a snipers game as well, there will be a round that is held on Midship, because in my opinion it is by far the best map for FFA's, and there will definitely not be snipers on Midship.

Edit: Also, I don't know if you've played many MLG rules FFA's on Lockout, but it can be an interesting twist to only have one sniper on the map. usually people can only manage to get a couple kills out of it before getting messed up, but it can also be a sweet way to pull off a last minute catch up if you're falling behind.

XGC xOCMx XC

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 10, 2006
Michigan
www.kimbirlyvasi.com
Hey BAD COMPANY,
I SUCK at the game, but I would love to join (I have the comcast 8meg connection) because I agree with you, this is a great way for generals to get to know other generals from other sections. I am one of two generals in XGC ColdFire. my other general has the same type of connection and is great at FFA, he is XGC COLD SNIPER. Count us both in!!

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
The final results from Sunday's tournament were as follows:

1st - XGC FATALITY
2nd - XGC Xiled Sniper
3rd - XGC Lucky Shot

Congratulations!

I may plan another tournament, with hopefully a much better turnout, and better organization, for sometime next month.