Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GENERALS FFA TOURNAMENT?

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
I was thinking of hosting an FFA tournament in early January once I get back from Mexico :cool:

The format would be MLG rules (BR start, human weapons on midship and probably rifles on Lockout because shotty gives too much advantage to the host). 8 Player heats. I'm hoping to keep it fairly small, about 32 Generals from various XGC clans just to keep it manageable.

They won't be neutral host games because that is too complicated. I need 3 people to volunteer to host the games. The plus side is you should get host, the downside is that you have to report the results of the game to me (even if you lose) and you have to have a decent host.

The hosts of the second heats will be determined by performance in the first heats ie. the winners of the first heat will host a game for the second heat.

Top half advance, bottom half are eliminated.

I was just thinking this would be a fun way to get a mix of Generals from various Sections playing together competitively.

This thread will be the official sign up. First 3 people to volunteer for Host positions on this thread get them.

Or if this doesn't sound good to you guys, I'm more than open to suggestions.

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
I agree with that in some respects, but the person who did worst will have been eliminated.

I could give host to the person who got 4th (or was the closest to being eliminated).

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
Well I already have winning covered for Canada :p

But I guess we might as well take top 2!

See you on the battlefield

edit: I'm totally getting eliminated first round for saying that

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
Yea i'm definately in. I will volunteer to be one of the hosts. If that is alright. Sounds like a good idea. O yea XGC Fatality general of X1led Gaming Co would like to be in the tourney aswell, but he can't post himself because his comp is down so i'm doing it for him. chea

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
Well if we don't win this, I guess we've always got hockey to fall back on!

Ya, Bunite you've got the first host spot. Should be 2 more up for grabs, first come first serve

XGC Whiteout

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2006
Tennessee
Yo, Bad Company I'm in for this tourney, I would host but my connection is already running through a router with 2 xbox's a computer and a 360 runnig through it so I don't think I would be of much use as a host.

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
roger that whiteout, and thanks for admitting that your host would suck instead of just taking host and then raping everybody while they lagged on your poor host. Very honorable of you.

MLG Sheev

Forum Nub
Dec 15, 2006
Toledo, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Well, I'm not a general, and if I'm not suppose to reply on here, let me know, but here are a few things you should know.

1. MLG Weapons on map is always No duels, except for Sanc, which is No Sniping.

2. I could do neutral host for you guys, Like all 8 players get in a party together, then, I'll send the party leader an Invite after I've started it, and I'll just hide in a pre-determined Safe-Zone, or something. Since no one is on my computer when I'm on Xbox, I usually have a good host, although, it does cut out every 4 hours. But I'm pretty sure a FFA, 8 players, 25 kills can end within 10 minutes.

~Edit~
Alright, I was wrong on the weapon set, and Kill amount.. I wasn't thinking FFA Rules, even though it does state FFA in the Title, and I am use to it being 25. Also, I know I'm not a General, I just offered to be a neutral host for ALL OF THE GENERALS THAT WILL BE PLAYING. Since I can't legally participate in it.

If ANY one else has a problem with a private offering to help out on a General event, just because I posted on here, let me know so I can delete my post.

Last edited:

XGC Whiteout

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2006
Tennessee
MLG Rules are right as Bad Company has posted them for FFA (the weapon set you are talking about is Team Slayer) and also MLG Rules are to 50 kills.Oh yeah not be a jerk or anything but this is the GENERALS forums so generals only please. This kinda goes back to having the forum everyone can view it is kinda a disadvantage to tell people they can't post in the generals forums, but thats the way it is. If anyone disagrees feel free to let me know I don't care about a little criticism every now and then.

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
MLG Sheev,

Thank you for your offer to handle neutral host. I've played neutral host games before, and the problem with them tends to be that in the middle of the game someone "accidentally" kills the neutral host, affecting their score. Plus I'd need to have multiple neutral hosts or run each game of the heats one after the other which would be a little time consuming. I think I will just forget about the neutral host for this tournament. Especially seeing as the main map is going to be Midship and there isn't a great spot for a neutral host(I like taking P3 a little hint for those of you that will be playing)

As for the MLG gametype rules. I don't believe they are No Duals for the FFA games, as Whiteout pointed out. I will be editing them a little anyways, because we will be playing on lockout as well, and I don't particularily feel like being mowed down by a sword or host shotgun every 5 seconds.

As far as your post in the Generals forum goes, I'm happy to see that a non-general was still browsing the generals forum, keeping updated on the current XGC events etc. And in my opinion you should not feel the least bit intimidated to post here, at least in my thread, if you were thinking that your post was going to be nothing but helpful to me and to the other generals participating in this tournament. It did come off a little ****y though telling me "here are some things you should know" as though I don't know the rules to MLG gametypes.

Thank you for your input, and if you have something important to say, don't hesitate (at least in one of my threads, I can't speak for others) to make a quick post over here. I actually just started a thread hoping to get an Open
Forum started so members could have an easier place to make comments without disrupting the sanctity of the "Generals" forum.

MLG Sheev

Forum Nub
Dec 15, 2006
Toledo, Ohio
www.myspace.com
MLG Sheev,

Thank you for your offer to handle neutral host. I've played neutral host games before, and the problem with them tends to be that in the middle of the game someone "accidentally" kills the neutral host, affecting their score. Plus I'd need to have multiple neutral hosts or run each game of the heats one after the other which would be a little time consuming. I think I will just forget about the neutral host for this tournament. Especially seeing as the main map is going to be Midship and there isn't a great spot for a neutral host(I like taking P3 a little hint for those of you that will be playing)

As for the MLG gametype rules. I don't believe they are No Duals for the FFA games, as Whiteout pointed out. I will be editing them a little anyways, because we will be playing on lockout as well, and I don't particularily feel like being mowed down by a sword or host shotgun every 5 seconds.

As far as your post in the Generals forum goes, I'm happy to see that a non-general was still browsing the generals forum, keeping updated on the current XGC events etc. And in my opinion you should not feel the least bit intimidated to post here, at least in my thread, if you were thinking that your post was going to be nothing but helpful to me and to the other generals participating in this tournament. It did come off a little ****y though telling me "here are some things you should know" as though I don't know the rules to MLG gametypes.

Thank you for your input, and if you have something important to say, don't hesitate (at least in one of my threads, I can't speak for others) to make a quick post over here. I actually just started a thread hoping to get an Open
Forum started so members could have an easier place to make comments without disrupting the sanctity of the "Generals" forum.

"Accidentally", That does tend to happen a bit now-days.. Although, I'd expect people to play fairly. I could always report who killed me, then take away 1 kill for every time they killed me.

Editing them is always fine. Also, I'm sorry I came off that way, I didn't mean to, I thought I'd clear a couple things, but, I was wrong anyways.

Thank you, I'll remember that in your thread I can post, but I probably won't do it often. And I think that Open Forum Idea would be a really great one, but, I didn't want to post in it and make a huge scene.

If you do happen to take up my offer for neutral host in the future, I'll always be willing to do it.

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
anyways, the main idea of this thread is just to get people to sign up for the tourney, I'd rather not have it get too cluttered with other crap. Please from now on limit your posts in this thread to either suggestions for the tournament, though I think I have it figured out more or less, or for saying you would like to play.

Seems like it will fill up pretty easily over the next week or two. I haven't played in 2 weeks anyways (im in mexico on holidays) so I'll start thinking about a date for it and probably post the final date and times once I get home.

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
Ok update again. I have to add 2 more generals to the tournement. XGC Lucky Shot and XGC Xtreme. If you can add those 2, then that would be appreciated. Thanks

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
ok zealot is host #3 (including me). we need 4. I might have a 4th lined up, but I'm still taking volunteers just in case.

As for a date, how about Sunday January 7th? That gives me 4 days to get warmed up a little bit as well as take care of any other junk that might need to be done with my clan before worrying about the tournament. I know its a ways off, but its my first tournament so I want to make sure I have time to make the proper preparations.

I'm thinking Sunday afternoon 3 or 4 PST Let me know if this works for the people who have already signed up. Especially the hosts