Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DESIGN TEAM APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Willy XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 10, 2016
Maryland
1) Gamertag and user name
XGC WILLY2TOOTH
2) What type of program are you using?
Photoshop, GIMP
3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?
About a month and a half.
4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
XGC Coldfire, No it will not.

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX
Welcome to the Design application area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge-if possible, or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

To begin with, please submit 5 of your favorite or more recents sigs/designs.
In addition, we would like to require productions from the test images for applicants that is provided above your app. This is intended so we may beging to see a start point and end result. Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you.[/COLOR]

Last edited:

XGC Willy XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 10, 2016
Maryland
Welcome to the Design application area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge-if possible, or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

To begin with, please submit 5 of your favorite or more recents sigs/designs.
In addition, we would like to require productions from the test images for applicants that is provided above your app. This is intended so we may beging to see a start point and end result. Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you.[/COLOR]

Still need ALOT more practice but here you go.

^Test Image^

Don't mind the XS thing haha wanting to use that whenever I get promoted

Last edited:

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
Still need ALOT more practice but here you go.

^Test Image^

Don't mind the XS thing haha wanting to use that whenever I get promoted

for about a month and a half this is not bad!
i see you get the concept of focal points and lighting!
from here on out all you going to do with us is progressive and make yourself better!do you mind making me a signature with this render?
try blending more and know where to put lighting
if you dont know what i mean by that feel free to ask!
normal_00.png

XGC Willy XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 10, 2016
Maryland
from here on out all you going to do with us is progressive and make yourself better!do you mind making me a signature with this render?
normal_00.png

Yep no problem, I'll start working on it. I appreciate it.

XGC Willy XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 10, 2016
Maryland
normal_00.png

Here's what I came up with

Last edited:

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
Here's what I came up with

Okay so i see you played witht he blur tool. let me show you something
markup_by_xgnzofx-dau33mi.png

as you can see i marked GOOD spot and i also marked up BAD spots!!!
everything that is in the green is are good spots to always blur just because those areas are in the background and you want to show depth! but you dont want to just blur the c4d and render, you also have to blur the background image as well like all the blue in the back
now for the stuff thats in red its a no no!! going back to depth you want the front of the render and c4d to look like its in front of the signature. dont use blur to blend it makes it look weird!

i also noticed the lighting and shadows, you always want to make sure your render is the main focus and everyone can see him well for example if i were to put these lights in were i have the green circles like this:
markup2_by_xgnzofx-dau33nc.png

all you would do is put it in overlay and it should look like this:
markup3_by_xgnzofx-dau33t5.png

its all just playing with settings and adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.