Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DESIGN TEAM APPLICATION FOR XGC KODIAK

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Kodiak

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 20, 2016
Chicago Illinois
1) Gamertag and user name ?

XGC Kodiak

2) What type of program are you using ?

GIMP 2.0

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners ?

I have been messing around with GIMP 2.0 for the last 4 months, I have no formal experience. I made my first signature for my general XGC BeatinGuts back in November

4) What is your current clan & rank ? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team ?

I currently hold the rank of captain over the Specials Forces Squad in XGC Apocalypse. I do not have any reason to believe that this will impact any of the time and or dedication that I have to my clan. I am a very active member on the events team and this has only brought me closer to the people in my clan, squad, and fellow community members.

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX
1) Gamertag and user name ?

XGC Kodiak

2) What type of program are you using ?

GIMP 2.0

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners ?

I have been messing around with GIMP 2.0 for the last 4 months, I have no formal experience. I made my first signature for my general XGC BeatinGuts back in November

4) What is your current clan & rank ? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team ?

I currently hold the rank of captain over the Specials Forces Squad in XGC Apocalypse. I do not have any reason to believe that this will impact any of the time and or dedication that I have to my clan. I am a very active member on the events team and this has only brought me closer to the people in my clan, squad, and fellow community members.

Welcome to the Design Application Area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge - if possible, or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

We would like to require productions from the >>TEST IMAGES FOR APPLICANTS THREAD<< that is provided above your app. This is intended so we may begin to see a start point and end result. Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you.

DMZ44

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 10, 2012
Minster, Ohio

A couple of things that i notice right off the bat is:
the render is over sharped
There is little to no flow
nothing looks to belong

Now to fix these:
when using the sharpening tool, pay attention to pixels if they start showing white or red blocks, then undo the sharpening because you have done too much sharpening.
Flow is something you will pick up on. For instance, the render points left to right looking more to the top left corner, add some C4D's here to help distinguish the flow.
When making things belong, use similar colors to the render and use multiple layers with some smudging or blurring.

I would like you to try and make some fixes to your sig and also try this Tut out using this image (please click link and make the sig 400x200):
WAphSmZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.