Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DESIGN TEAM APP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYN Squishy

Forum Nerd
Jan 1, 2016
Iowa
  • SaltySquishy
  • PicsArt, and I did download Gimp for phone. (All sigs would be done with a phone. Until I can get a charger for my computer, I also have a tablet)
  • Iv used PicsArt for about a year. Gimp, i just downloaded.
  • SYN Revolution, General. No, it wouldnt.

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX
  • SaltySquishy
  • PicsArt, and I did download Gimp for phone. (All sigs would be done with a phone. Until I can get a charger for my computer, I also have a tablet)
  • Iv used PicsArt for about a year. Gimp, i just downloaded.
  • SYN Revolution, General. No, it wouldnt.

NESTO CORLEONE , NESTOCORLEONE
PHOTOSHOP
5YRS
Armageddon, Private
No

Welcome to the Design application area! Here we will have you complete various tasks in order to gauge-if possible, or establish an understanding of what you're capable of. We will be providing CnC on your productions, as it is part of our growing process together. Please don't take anything negative or personal.

To begin with, please submit 5 of your favorite or more recents sigs/designs.
In addition, we would like to require productions from the test images for applicants that is provided above your app. This is intended so we may beging to see a start point and end result. Thanks for applying! We greatly look forward to working with you.

SYN Squishy

Forum Nerd
Jan 1, 2016
Iowa
G4x2cA2.jpg

kadIjDT.jpg

F1foesd.jpg

JMlhEDi.jpg

g0undgW.jpg

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX

I like the effect you put on it. Now let's see how you do Uber a tough request. Please completee the following Banner Request:

Name: XGC Black Out

Text:"Are You Affraid Of The Dark?"

Image: I want something to do with a theme of "are you afraid of the dark". Demented as well as the text to be like what would be in a horror film.

Colors: Black, Red and I am open to animation for this banner if you would like.

iCharleyyyy

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
www.mixer.com
WxMWhrX.jpg

I'm still trying to find an app for the animations.

First, this is not the correct dimensions for a banner. A banner is MAXIMUM 400 pixels by 75 pixels. A signature is MAXIMUM 500 pixels by 200 pixels.

Second, this signature looks like you found the picture on google, added a border and some text. While I like that you have messed with the opacity of the text, you need to keep in mind that this could be a copy righted image. Simply adding text isn't going to change the overall image. This is something I definitely struggled with in the beginning, so I can understand.

So, what I would like for you to do is make me a signature. Go to the XILED DESIGN TRAINING GROUNDS, and use Test Image #54. Follow these guidelines

TEXT ON IMAGE: XGC Charley XS

STYLE OR THEME: underwater. bubbles. and/or some stars.

COLOR: pink, green, blues, purples

TIPS FOR THIS SIGNATURE:
-you can always google Transparent Renders. Just type in what ever specific image you are looking for, then add "transparent render" atthe end of it.
EXAMPLE: Joker transparent render

- make sure you are following the maximum pixels for each request.
EXAMPLE
banner - 400 pixels by 75 pixels
signature - 500 pixels by 200 pixels

-websites to use
deviantart.com = fonts, tutorials, brushes, etc.
sigtutorials.com = for different tutorials
bannerfans.com = for some cool fonts

Last edited:

SFP Touch

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 30, 2012
Lewisville,TX

So this image catches my eye. It seems that the character in the signature is cut and pasted there. Below the chin you can see a while later of some sort as if it was taken from a white background but not removed fully. This can be a real killer on a signature you want to make sure the entire image flows together. I see the lighting effect this gives off yet it seems like it's just a layer overlay. Also use C4D's...they are what a signature/ banner your art. It's what makes it your design and gives it a nice background or whatever you add it to just makes it pop. Here are a few C4D's I have used on images in the past:
R38a4lc.jpg

s5tzpCs.jpg

In this image above the C4D's are the bubbles in the background. Those are on a image of just a solid color. This image was reassly brought to life with this. It gave it that stand out look. The text as well was a key factor yet the main focal point of the signature is the Harley Quinn holding the batt with the end of the bat as if it is further out in front of ther. I would like to see you apply a C4D in this signature you made. The best way to find a C4D is go to google and search "transparent C4D's" I hope to see your revised work soon!!!

SYN Squishy

Forum Nerd
Jan 1, 2016
Iowa
What's a good app to use to do these? I have downloaded like 13 to try and figure it out. Lol. But I haven't found out how to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.