Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DESIGN APP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoG Falcon C

Intro Certified
Advanced Certified
General
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG VENGEANCE
Feb 12, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
i understand that we want it to be upto a standard but dosent the saying go, the customer is always right
think of it as we work and the customers stay happy, i do keep trying to impress you guys but i cant help me self think, how can i do that if am always showing crap stuff :(

SFP Jordan SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 21, 2014
Michigan
i understand that we want it to be upto a standard but dosent the saying go, the customer is always right
think of it as we work and the customers stay happy, i do keep trying to impress you guys but i cant help me self think, how can i do that if am always showing crap stuff :(

That scenario that you just described - is the most difficult part of the whole ordeal. Trying to present some concept that a customer has for you with all its imperfections or specific genré or tastes to it that is a challenge to the designer, and ultimately making it a design that you would be preoud to display and take ownwership of. That actually would be the most gratifying challenge i would think.

And to be honest, i think you did an exceptional job on that presentation. Now for the brutal criticism.. lol. J/k. But i would have finished it off with and adjustment layer over it. Alot of desigmers opt for the blur and erase the focal. But being as how you have that gameboard at a lower opacity, i think that would lose your intended effect somewhat.. i would have put a soft light effect over the design to darken it all and then erased areas over the lettering to make it pop a little more with its own natural colors and light they give. Maybe even took a very light brush and make each over the letters emit their glow of color... just ideas for effect. I definateltly would have erased the corner of the opaque game board thpugh, where it overlaps the lettering, or else moved the font layer up to the forefront. All in all, it looks very well constructed. And i believe that it suited its request? I hope they are happy with it at least. You are doing a great job. Keep it up. This is am evolution process, remember.

SYN Kiwi

Forum Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Canada

Hey Nufalcons!

Don't get discouraged! It's ok! We have been designing for many years, I myself have been at it since I was 12 (corel draw & then on to photoshop) not to mention I've done professional advertising, marketing etc...

The biggest thing I can tell you. No. The customer is not always right. You have to convince them that what you're giving them is what's best/what they really want. Some of the requests that we get are really out there and it's your job as a designer to take a step back and say no or yes. Don't be afraid to say no when you know it's a losing battle from the get go. Offer other solutions instead. I RARELY give people exactly what they want because it just wouldn't turn out great. Having said that if they are super stubborn about it you need to pass it on if you know it's not in your best interest. If someone really wants a certain theme give them that. You're better off with a "theme" than an exact item, pose, color etc...

How I learned to do the graphics that I do is through Tutorials. I spent many hours, days and months learning through tutorials. I'm 100% self taught. I got good enough to be hired on as a designer based on my skills that I taught myself. that was when I was 19... keep in mind I started teaching myself since I was 12 - that's a lot of tutorials and evolution through the years. You'll go through phases, certain design types you like, certain tricks you like and then you'll change and discard your old stuff. It's all a process.

Look up as many tutorials as you can. There are thousands - literally - on youtube and countless on the web. try the good the bad and the downright ugly. They all teach you something whether how to use new photoshop tools or how to NOT design lol.

You have really really REALLY good ideas/placement. Just need to learn some stuff to polish it off. Pick a Tutorial that interests you that's at your skill level (novice-intermediate) and challenge yourself with advanced.

If you EVER want to chat, hmu on kik dark3rkiwi or on the xbox Syn xkiwix

One of my favorite places for Photoshop Tutorials is Baka Arts on youtube - a lot of it isn't directly related to signatures, but you'll really get the hang of photoshop even watching his tutorials. He has several photoshop 101 tutorials.

Last edited:

KoG Falcon C

Intro Certified
Advanced Certified
General
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG VENGEANCE
Feb 12, 2014
thank you for helping me and keeping faith in me and i shall try and keep it going and i do belive i could have done better but with the customer wanting it then they got it, and they do love it as its on their youtube channel etc

SFP Jordan SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 21, 2014
Michigan
thank you for helping me and keeping faith in me and i shall try and keep it going and i do belive i could have done better but with the customer wanting it then they got it, and they do love it as its on their youtube channel etc

Awesome. Interested in seeing what you come up with next

KoG Falcon C

Intro Certified
Advanced Certified
General
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG VENGEANCE
Feb 12, 2014
This doesnt seem all that different. This is one of the original images you first submitted. If you could please try and work with the image-provided from SYN Kiwi XS, that would be awesome. If you need any help with the image or needs any questions answered in general, please msg me or any other of the designers.

will do as i will be working more on my pc untill my sugery or untill i start work so i shall get back yo you all with something

SFP Jordan SD

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 21, 2014
Michigan
Minimum requirements to submit an application:
1. A photo-editing program such as Photoshop or GIMP: using photoshop
2. Minimum experience of at-least 1 month: i have many years drawing, re drawing and designs things
3. Must submit your own original work starting with 3-5 images: will be attached below
4. Must keep your application active by completing test images at the very minimum: happly
5. No copy & pasting or stealing of artwork will be tolerated: underrstood
6. Must show the ability to work well with a team: understood
7. Must be able to give and take constructive criticism: explainable
8. Must be willing to participate in projects and design requests if accepted to the team: happly

1) Gamertag and user name: SYN NUFalcons
2) What type of program are you using? - Photoshop
3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners? - i make little things but willing do expand my knowledge
4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team: i am a General of SYN Bulldogs, i have plenty of time so i can balance everything out,

i understand that with the application it can take some time, however i will be patient and wait, some of these are still a work in progress but i wanted to share what i have done and what am still working on

thank you

View attachment 35393View attachment 35394View attachment 35395View attachment 35396View attachment 35397View attachment 35398

This thread is being closed and denied due to inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.