Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DESIGN APP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoG Falcon C

Intro Certified
Advanced Certified
General
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG VENGEANCE
Feb 12, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Minimum requirements to submit an application:
1. A photo-editing program such as Photoshop or GIMP: using photoshop
2. Minimum experience of at-least 1 month: i have many years drawing, re drawing and designs things
3. Must submit your own original work starting with 3-5 images: will be attached below
4. Must keep your application active by completing test images at the very minimum: happly
5. No copy & pasting or stealing of artwork will be tolerated: underrstood
6. Must show the ability to work well with a team: understood
7. Must be able to give and take constructive criticism: explainable
8. Must be willing to participate in projects and design requests if accepted to the team: happly

1) Gamertag and user name: SYN NUFalcons
2) What type of program are you using? - Photoshop
3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners? - i make little things but willing do expand my knowledge
4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team: i am a General of SYN Bulldogs, i have plenty of time so i can balance everything out,

i understand that with the application it can take some time, however i will be patient and wait, some of these are still a work in progress but i wanted to share what i have done and what am still working on

thank you

Lone soilder.jpggates of hell.jpgUntitled-1.jpgsmartcraft 2.jpgSmartcraft.jpgUntitled-1.jpg

SYN Kiwi

Forum Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Canada
Minimum requirements to submit an application:
1. A photo-editing program such as Photoshop or GIMP: using photoshop
2. Minimum experience of at-least 1 month: i have many years drawing, re drawing and designs things
3. Must submit your own original work starting with 3-5 images: will be attached below
4. Must keep your application active by completing test images at the very minimum: happly
5. No copy & pasting or stealing of artwork will be tolerated: underrstood
6. Must show the ability to work well with a team: understood
7. Must be able to give and take constructive criticism: explainable
8. Must be willing to participate in projects and design requests if accepted to the team: happly

1) Gamertag and user name: SYN NUFalcons
2) What type of program are you using? - Photoshop
3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners? - i make little things but willing do expand my knowledge
4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team: i am a General of SYN Bulldogs, i have plenty of time so i can balance everything out,

i understand that with the application it can take some time, however i will be patient and wait, some of these are still a work in progress but i wanted to share what i have done and what am still working on

thank you

View attachment 35393View attachment 35394View attachment 35395View attachment 35396View attachment 35397View attachment 35398

Hey NuFalcons - Thanks for applying to the design team! On the design team we take part of making graphics for our clan mates & for the site, from banners/sigs to website buttons and larger projects. The design process does take a while, but think of it as a way to get more tools in your toolbox when it comes to photoshop & design.

Since we mostly do signatures & banners, we'll focus on that for now : )

I would love for you to make a signature with the supplied image. Signatures are 500 pixels long x 200 pixels high. Do your thing, show us what you've got (no pressure). Add one line of text (sort of where a name would go) somewhere on the sig. Please keep your working file (the one with all the layers) because we will go back and re-edit, add effects and enhancements as we go along! Post a .jpg copy of your creation on this thread.

Looking forward to working with you!

Lee_Sin_LoL.png

SYN Kiwi

Forum Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Canada
here is an idea but dont ask if its a good one, i have used my name and clan just so you know what it looks likeView attachment 35407

Hey! What a good start! I love your placement of that stock image and the background you picked. I do have some edits that I would like to see :)

In every picture you will ever work with, you will have to do some kind of lighting adjustment. Sometimes you have to change the background, sometimes you have to change the stock. With the stock image that I provided you there is already a lot of lighting on it, so the easiest thing to do would be to adjust your lighting in the background.

The light source in the stock image is coming from the blue light he's emanating from his hands, so that is where the brightest area of the background should be. In the top right hand corner there is no light source there, so I would darken that area up a bit. Keep in mind that the light source is blue, and there should be some blue in the background near the light source.

I would also blend the stock image in with the background a little bit. Currently he's sitting on top of the background and isn't actually a part of the overall image.

Please watch my tutorial on lighting here http://www.xiledgaming.com/showthre...-Lighting-Effects-Video&p=3563163#post3563163

Please check out this tutorial on blending/smudging stocks into the background here http://www.sigtutorials.com/tutorials/basics/learn-how-to-smudge.html

Looking forward to your next submission!!! Great work!

KoG Falcon C

Intro Certified
Advanced Certified
General
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG VENGEANCE
Feb 12, 2014
what ive done is darken the background abit and lighten up the stock however as you can see i have made the hands more lighter so it looks like the light is better but the lightning stricks/bolts i have made them darker what is your opoinionUntitled-1.jpg

SYN Kiwi

Forum Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Canada
what ive done is darken the background abit and lighten up the stock however as you can see i have made the hands more lighter so it looks like the light is better but the lightning stricks/bolts i have made them darker what is your opoinionView attachment 35410

Hey Nufalcons - My bad I don't think I actually explained what I wanted you to do, I'm sorry for any confusion totally my fault. I added A sample below of what I was looking for. Light source doesn't necessarily mean an object, It just means where the light is coming from, so I lightened up the background to match the light source (his hand) and darkened up the background where the shadow would be in relation to it.

nufalcons_zpstbxwc4zt.jpg

SYN Kiwi

Forum Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Canada
what ive done is darken the background abit and lighten up the stock however as you can see i have made the hands more lighter so it looks like the light is better but the lightning stricks/bolts i have made them darker what is your opoinionView attachment 35410

Here's a new stock, remember lighting is important, If you're not sure how to do something I'm more than happy to post a video, also feel free to browse sigtutorials.com and use this stock with one of their tutorials :)

S_W_A_T_.png

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US

hey falcon just wanted to check in with you and say hey. im an old designer for the team, and saw you havent posted in your app for a while. i like your work and would love to see more of it. if you have any questions or need some guidance feel free to message me.

KoG Falcon C

Intro Certified
Advanced Certified
General
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG VENGEANCE
Feb 12, 2014
hey there sorry i havnt posted anything in a while and i hope i still have a chance to be a designer aswell, my meds i have have been screwing me over but i will defo get some work done, hope i can still be apart of the team

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
hey there sorry i havnt posted anything in a while and i hope i still have a chance to be a designer aswell, my meds i have have been screwing me over but i will defo get some work done, hope i can still be apart of the team

Of course, just keep up the work, there's nothing we love more than being kept in the loop though. Just try and post here every once in a while, even if it's just to ask for help

SYN Kiwi

Forum Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Canada
View attachment 35682

its only an idea as ive been drinking and looking at the picture for way to long

Hey NUFalcons

Ok so the cnc that I can give you on this is that you don't really have a focal point, there is a lot going on that's faded into the background and the stock image doesn't blend well at all.

I DO like your colour choice for the background, but if you're going to re-colour an image like that you will need to re-colour the main stock image. You can do that with Image -> Adjustments -> Hue/Saturation, or you can apply a Gradient map to re-colour the entire signature at once with Layer -> Adjustment Layer -> Gradient Map
Play around with the settings a bit till you're happy with it. I do it all the time. If it doesn't look good, you need to change the colour of the background to compliment the stock image.

The focal point:
A focal point is something that draws your eye, and it's generally the main attraction to the graphic. In this case it should be the swat guy. The swat guy should take up at least 1/3 of the signature and be the center of attention. You need to direct your lighting and surrounding image to really compliment and highlight that stock.

I would like for you to try to duplicate this for me. I've supplied the files you'll need in the link below. There are very brief instructions, if you have questions about how a certain effect was done please let us know.
Test File: www.lawnquest.ca/designteamtestfile.psd

Steps taken to create image:
Re-Size main image
Change layer styles on layer 2
Created light source behind the stock image with the color #a3e5ff
Enhanced colour of the main stock image
Add texture to the graphic using photoshop brushes. Use any you prefer/like
Duplicate entire signature (CTRL+SHIFT+A -> New Layer -> CTRL+V)
Create a motion blur/zoom effect then fade it out/erase around the main focal point
Font: Impact w/gradient & drop shadow

WxQdT9W.png

Status
Not open for further replies.