Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CRASH THE SITE EVENT!

Mason

Carpel Tunnel
Nov 3, 2009
Missouri
No we arent really going to crash the site lol but here is the goal of the event. I would like all Generals to help out with this. So as of now the most members online ever at once was 161 this year. Now im sure we have atleast 30k active members. So on May 15th at 10:00 pm cst our goal is to reach 5000 members online on the website at once. Too prove to those who think we dont have the numbers.

As we wait for members to get on, I would like to see people get into the Chatrooms it is a part of this site which doesnt get alot of use and this way no one gets bored.

figured I should clear up some speculation.

Reason for choosing the date and time:
XG is a mature gaming community meaning the majority of the community is adults. Yes there are alot of kids who have school the next day. And yes people have to work too. However we cannot please everyone. This time was chosen because the majority of the leaders will be on at this time due to the generals meeting an hour before. Also alot of clans tend to have their meetings around this time. So it is the time when alot of people will be active. We must remember also that XG covers numerous time zones so setting a time that might be best for you, may not be best for the rest of the world.
The date and time will not change because we do not want confusion. The more we change it the more unlikely we will get a good turnout.

Now our goal is 5000 members, some say wow thats very large and unlikely. Yes I agree but its a goal none the less. I am expecting to see around 1000.

Will the event happen again?
Of course why would I have a one time event!!!

This event will occur again but I am waiting to come up with a date and time, till after this one happens.

There will be a forum thread up for members who get on to come post their name to show they were there. After the event the thread will be closed.

We are asking that while people are waiting for all the members to get on that you explore the forums and join the chatrooms. We are trying to get the chatrooms used =) !

The event will only last to a max of 30min given the site doesnt fail. so it will not be time consuming.

And yes you may just sign in, make your post, stay logged on and go to bed. Its fine with me!

Want people to know you attended? Post on this thread during the event (http://www.xiledgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1747558#post1747558)

-XGC Mason

Last edited:

FaceUp

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 30, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I would suggest doing it on a Saturday because 11:00pm EST on a Sunday is late when people have to work and or go to school the next day.

DESTROYTHEELITE

Forum Nub
Aug 1, 2009
missouri
i am inclined to agree with faceup alot of my clan have one of their last days of school that week we might even do better to wait for school to break out but crusade will be there the last one was on my birthday

Mason

Carpel Tunnel
Nov 3, 2009
Missouri
If we do not reach our Goal I will be setting up a time for this event again in the future. May 15th at that time was chosen due to it being a little while after the generals meeting, Sunday because most people work during the week. The event will only last 10-15min as we attempt to gain members, it may continue as more people get on and we keep gaining. A thread will be posted where people can leave a message to show they were apart of it.

Normally if enough people said they couldnt make it I would change the date and time, however Im looking at when the majority of the community will be online. this is one of those nights. You must remember when planning an event that not everyone will be able to make it so in this instance we have chosen the majority.

XGC xBUSTAx

Forum Junkie
Dec 22, 2006
Kalamazoo,MI
not a bad idea mason =)

back in the day before we had this site we had another..... most on was 3k!

so if you can break that record that would be an awesome site to see =)

DESTROYTHEELITE

Forum Nub
Aug 1, 2009
missouri
the chat has a steady stream in and out for the last two hours its not to bad so far need more though we need to have everyone who recruited personal friends to their clans to get ahold of them and have them get on that would help alot