Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CONIGMA'S APP

CoNiGMa

Forum Star
Jul 3, 2015
I would like to join the design team and was advised to put in an app here.

1) Gamertag and user name? Gamertag: CoNiGMa User Name: CoNiGMa
2) What type of program are you using? Photoshop CC 2014
3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners? I've made sigs and banners for several years now for various different websites and forums. I am pretty well versed in Photoshop and have an associate's degree in digital animation and web design.
4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team? I am currently a member of the XGC Disciples and am a Private. This shouldn't have any affect on my ability to fulfill the requirements.

Here's some examples of my work. (I will also post some images with the test renders you guys have shortly)

Most recent:

8TfuNN9.png

Past works:

iFuFD0k.png

k2aPsY5.jpg

wE1NHbY.jpg

(same design. different render, color, and name)
8yyxss6.jpg

otdTmfc.png

P55GrUT.png

W3eAmUE.png

Animated:

tWhQRli.gif

3D sig:

w1qJIVs.png

Example of web design:

xKS6ORz.jpg

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
*disclaimer*
The Application area is more like a boot camp than an application process. The design team members are more concerned with helping you grow as a designer and therefore will give more CnC than praise. Please do not take CnC personally, as it is just an opinion that can be used to fine tune your sigs. There is no time frame on how long your application will take. This is due to that fact that in your application we would like to see your growth as a designer, your attitude towards design, and much more. Please do not pick up/ fill any requests until you are excepted onto the team (if you would like you base signatures in your applications off of a request please add a link to the request with the post).

That being said, thank you for applying to the design team!

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Thanks for applying for the team conigma. Your sigs are nice, and it's pretty obvious that you're well versed with your program. During your application process I would say try to work on the little details though. Techniques like the rule of thirds and blending. These 2 small techniques can take any good signature and bump them to the next level.

Also, welcome to XGC. You'll love it here :)

XGC Browncoat

Forum Addict
Jan 2, 2007
Michigan
Hey thanks for applying to the team CoNiGMa.

So just to give you some CnC on your sigs I'm gonna start with colors. You have some pretty good color choices, but some of them are either kind of monotone, or have too many different colors. Your first, second, and third one are really good on color. With your fourth and fifth ones they are just two monotone. What I usually do to choose colors is either pick two colors from the render, or pick one render and take another complimentary color to go along with it. Six, seven, and eight don't really have colors that make sense to go with the render, therefore the renders stand out more and don't really blend that well.

The next area is flow. Most of your signatures don't really have any discernible flow. When working with your subject of the sig you want to figure out the direction of action of the Render or Focal and then work with that action. The signature that actually have some good flow are your third and eighth one.

The final thing i'm going to touch on for now is Placements. You have some pretty good choices on text. The only thing I can say is try and keep your text close to your focal so as to not allow it to be distracting vision away from the focal of the sig. Also try and keep the focal of your sig down to one. Having more than one focal in a sig makes it so that your vision is drawn to two different points in the sig.

Once again thank you for applying to the design team, and good luck!

CoNiGMa

Forum Star
Jul 3, 2015
I was looking through some of my old files and found some more sigs I made previously.

Requested Sigs:

QwlNiRT.jpg

2xylbr7.png

Multisig:

Jadgc00.jpg
oQDDrbL.jpg
wXJDGP1.jpg

3D Sigs:

g6tmNOB.png

es8STUh.png

Sigs made with only default Photoshop brushes and filters:

wyS4X71.jpg

GloFX3b.jpg

7bfA0Cj.jpg

DNuOLtu.jpg

v2LgfiX.jpg

m2Ijjsa.jpg

Pt0EP98.jpg

ocOSngJ.jpg

KoG KiLo69

Get A Life!
Apr 13, 2011
Brinkley,AR
I like your work bro, but just so we can CnC your work better and help move forward in this Application can you use one of the images set for the applicants to use? They are in a thread above this one. Looking forwardto your next submition bro.

CoNiGMa

Forum Star
Jul 3, 2015
Here's a new sig using one of the renders provided.

txtZa6P.png

I'm going to make a couple more with the provided renders also and post here.

Also, found some more sigs I did previously.

avrFxXa.jpg

Tu345kI.png

RrNlIxt.png

Last edited:

KoG KiLo69

Get A Life!
Apr 13, 2011
Brinkley,AR
He looks blended well inside the signature, my only issue is it looks like he is standing in front of the signature. Personally I would have left his legs on the inside, but that just my opinion. Also not every render is meant to look good in a pop out signature. Glad you have the skill set to get it done though. If ya don't mind, try again and just make a basic signature , sometimes less is better. Hope I didn't offend , just giving my opinion bro but again I like your work. We just gotta work on consistency.

SYN Last Laugh

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
I would try a few "normal" signatures. Meaning, basically, no pop-outs, no special frames, no diagonal or twisting background. Just a regular 500x200 (or some variant, I presonally like 400x150) signature showing the basics. (i.e. Light source, blending, text placement, flow, etc)

CoNiGMa

Forum Star
Jul 3, 2015
I have ordered a new laptop so that I don't have to rely on using my brother's computer anymore. I should be able to get a lot more done this way as far as graphics and things.