Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWNS

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
Hi fellow Generals,

I have noticed that a large amount of questions coming from people are regarding information that has definitely been distributed at the Generals meetings.

While we all have loads of fun in the General's meetings, they are sort of pointless if the information isn't getting out to the squads. Some information is important and people need to know it. Other information needs to be distributed for the further development of XG as a GAMING COMMUNITY.

For instance, I ran across a thread which was someone suggesting that XG should have a get-together for members to meet each other. Currently we already have one in the works, and if these people aren't aware of what is going on, then it is because their Generals did not make sure to either a) attend the meetings or have a Captain go for them, or b) distribute the information at their clan meeting.

There is a reason why we keep getting the same spam messages and the same topics covered in our Generals meetings - because while it is all good that we get the information covered in them, it doesn't do any good for Xiled Gaming if the only people who know the rules or are informed of other activities are the Generals It's going to be hard for people to attend a tournament in another state if they don't know that it is happening... People are still going to go create XG tags before getting approval of their General (who should then go to the SL) if they are not informed that they need approval.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this and how we can get the information train back on track?

------------

Suggestions in this thread:

1) Generals need to start getting to the Important Information area in the Weekly Updates area and post/read that information and distribute what they can to their clans

2) Have XGC, XGG, SYN, and KoG Generals Meetings together so that the same information is distributed across divisions.

3) Have a few representative Generals from each Division get together to get opinions and other ideas from Generals (we would have to figure out what we would talk about, of course... but I'm sure that we'll come up with some stuff)

Last edited:

iSpew

Forum Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
Las Vegas
Post all Important Notes, Information, etc. in the Weekly Updates section of the forums. No one ever adds information to those areas, I usually only get Important Notes and Info from spammed messages on XBL. There are areas in there for Generals to reply with the information so it can be added for all of XG's leaders to see. That might help.

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
Yeah, it definitely would be helpful if anyone checked there... that is I guess the main problem is that the clans aren't getting access to the information that the Generals get. Since it's our job to get the information to them, if we're not doing that as a team, then we aren't fulfulling at least part of our role in the community - and to me, it's one of the most important roles that we have - making sure that people know what is going on...

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
i check there every day almost......i try to add info from Syn whenever it affects all of XG....because Syn is so small and all the generals and some captains can get in one room all the info is usually said in there and sent around to all the squads on the forums or the captains and generals of the clan just send it out to members in the clan......

XGC Unbroken

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
PENNSYLVANIA
yeah since ive become general i havent heard anything about the events we have with the gamer girls and stuff its like some people think kog wont be interested in xgc or xgg events when i find it from asking around to be quiet the contrary i think we just need to make sure any get togethers for a division liek the meets the gamer girls nghts, or any other thing they started is told at all generals meetings and not left out because whoever is running it may not think it to be at th top of the list.

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
I personally have always thought that we should all have our Generals meetings together, I've wondered if there was different information distributed at those meetings. I know that when all of the Generals who run meetings get together with Hylander and Rezilient, once they've gone over what they want us to address, they ask us if there is anything that we think needs to be brought up. Usually I have something going on with XGG and someone usually comes up with an issue, and then there is always some game that everyone needs to mention that got a forum or has a new squad, whatnot.

Anywho, the point being, I'm sure that none of that makes it over to meetings in other sections, and vice versa. Do you guys even do your meetings on the same day? The funny thing is that I don't even know that...

You do bring up an excellent point about XGG, thanks though, Unbroken. I'm going to hit up OneCoolMom and address that with her, so that we can all get on the same page - as one community. Part of the reason that you don't hear about it is that I only see re-spams regarding XGG nights from very few people.

See, this is what these forums are for - I'm glad they put all of us together so that we can start working as a team. :D

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
hey blndii what would u think about trying to have general meeting with like a few from Syn ....a few from KoG.....and a few from XGC.....and a few from XGG.....since they are greatness.......like Syn and XGG is small so maybe like 3 for us and Kog could have 5 and XGC could have 5 that come......???? like get opinions and ideas from other generals.....it might be a bad idea but its a thought

Last edited:

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
Yeah, that sounds like a GREAT idea Papa - you did forget XGG though, we are a division of XG as well :D

Ok, what I'm going to do in this thread is edit my first post and post all of the suggestions there, so that people can see what we've talked about in this thread. I didn't realize that we would be coming up with such great ideas. Good work :D

RG SIGMA FV

Forum Junkie
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
www.myspace.com
I'm not a General but I'm sure my opinion wouldn't hurt.

I agree with what BigPapa said. The Generals from every Division need to get together and talk. They could have delegates from each Division get together and discuss issues. Then they can go to their Generals Meetings and tell everyone what was discussed and can discuss it further.

RG SIGMA FV

Forum Junkie
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
www.myspace.com
One thing that has already helped this Communication Breakdown is the merging of the "GENERALS" section. I noticed that the XGC and KoG Generals are starting to talk more via this merged "GENERALS" section.

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
I honestly think that a lot more Generals need to be active on the forums. I just posted in a forum that not a single person had posted in, other than the squad list. So, yes, I agree these forums are going to be helpful in getting us all on the same page, I am not sure that that information is going to trickle down to where it needs to go.

Chandler

Carpel Tunnel
Nov 3, 2006
High as a satellite!
www.xiledgaming.com
Ok Blndii please correct me if I'm wrong here, but from what I understand, your original post was regarding Generals not spamming important information to their squads. I don't see how having delegates from each division get together would help this at all. Each Sunday in the Generals meetings we hear information that the Council thinks we need to know about, and if it concerns all of XG and not just the way we handle things, that we need to also pass that down to our squads. And as for what Sigma recommended, we all get the same information in the Generals meeting no matter what division we are in. It might change a little bit just because of the person who is telling it, but it is basically still the same as what everyone else gets.

Somebody help me out here. Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are trying to get at here Blndii.

Last edited:

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
The discussion is covering the overall issue of a communication breakdown. Yes, the main problem is that what information is getting to Generals is not effectively getting the information to their clan members, but we also do have other communication issues, that, while we're here, we might as well address...