Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CHECKING FOR NAME CHANGES...

FoRBaGR

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 31, 2010
Chicago, IL (suburbs)
Okay so I have a question about changing names for someone in my clan that has requested I take a look. The name he wants has not been taken on any of the XGC, SYN, KOG or XGG lists. I did all the checking on those and couldn't find it or anything close. I checked it on XBox LIVE, however, and the name is apparently taken, with the XGC in front of it.

What is the protocol here? Does the person who has the name on LIVE take precedence? If they are not registered on the site, does that mean that the person who is registered has priority?

(the name isn't identical - my member wants to put a number after it, but that defeats the purpose of checking, doesn't it?)

Help me out here?

Thanks!

XGC FREAKER XD

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 9, 2008
www.xiledgaming.com
I've been researching a similar situation, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but if its taken on Xbox, that's it. We can't have an XGC Blank1, blank2, 3, etc...

Just wanted to offer my $0.02, and I hope you get a concrete answer asap.

FaceUp

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 30, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
If the GamerTag exists on Xbox Live then the member requesting that GamerTag needs to think of a new GamerTag. We try and stay away from adding numbers within the GamerTag.