Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CAPTAIN'S QUIZ

XGC xOCMx XC

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 10, 2006
Michigan
www.kimbirlyvasi.com
We do the same thing in ColdFire. I mean we ask a lot of similar questions. We don't just promote people because they have "been here longer" or because they are friends with the general or other captains. We require that anyone in a leadership position (sergeant, lieutenant or capt.) know the honor code, the full recruiting speech and the proper way to recruit, and that they show exemplary leadership skills. they also must be "on and active" at least every two to three days (unless something comes up like a vacation or illess of course). We just got tired of seeing clans where the generals promote their buddies and don't really lead. in doing this, we have insured that all of our sgts., lts, and capts., are growing as leaders and learning how to lead well.

XGC Lucky Shot

Forum Star
Dec 9, 2006
Montgomery Alabama
I agree completly with you Cool. When I made this quiz I was mainly just coming up with a way to help the captains that were already in place, and not so much for the promotion of others. I wanted to be sure that they knew all of the things they should, and if they didnt it would be a good way to find out what to teach them. I also agree with you about the promotions though. It shouldnt be based on who you know but what you know. I also look more at the leadership values of my people instead of just how many people they recruit. Its one thing to invite people to join the community, but its another to actually lead those people and motivate them. I would rather have one quality recruit than ten not so quality people that dont really care if they are here or not...

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Something to consider, Long ago in Supremacy they did an interview type of thing for recruits. This insured that everyone that was voted into the clan and promoted knew what there responsibilities were at any given time. They also knew about XGC instead of being a private not knowing the rank structure and so on. Most of my clans still do this type of thing but not as hardcore as they use to. It does show as sometimes people get in and become inactive right away or just have no idea what XG really is. I recommend teaching new members from day one just who and what we are and then giving all members continued education as they move up in rank.

zonker8u

Forum Noob
Dec 10, 2006
Agreed. I do a walk-through of the clan as soon as I recruit someone. I also tell them that during their first week as a recruit their main responsibilities is to get to know the people in the clan, learn more about the clan, and if they like it, to go and register on the homepage. What I try to do when I recruit someone is I bring in an Lt, Sgt, or Pvt and have them go through and do the "formal" recruiting. Therefore, it gives them more experience in doing the rituals for later. I also tell them what I personally am looking for in recruits when they go out recruiting. I'm a BIG a-hole when it comes to activeness and co-operation. Most of my recommendations go to the members that are active, listen to us, and do stuff with the clan. I'm going to stop now because I can rant about this all day.